1. wcj
    I recently upgraded from a Treo 600 to a 700p and have observed some behavior on both which seems strange to me and am wondering if anyone else had has a similar experience.

At night on my Treo 600 I would have it resting on top of my chest of drawers turned off, off network. Every night at 3:30 am, my screen would light up and stay on for about 5 minutes, then go off. Or I could get out of bed and turn it off.

Well, now I have the 700p and it does the same thing....at 2 am.

My best guess is that Sprint is contacting phones at night, even "off network" and the lit screen is my phone's reaction. And, I'm guess different phones (or different phone types) are contacted at different times. But, this is just my guess.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does anyone know what may be causing this?

wcy
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    It's a ghost. Mine doesn't do it.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Quote Originally Posted by wcj
    I recently upgraded from a Treo 600 to a 700p and have observed some behavior on both which seems strange to me and am wondering if anyone else had has a similar experience.

At night on my Treo 600 I would have it resting on top of my chest of drawers turned off, off network. Every night at 3:30 am, my screen would light up and stay on for about 5 minutes, then go off. Or I could get out of bed and turn it off.

My best guess is that Sprint is contacting phones at night, even "off network" and the lit screen is my phone's reaction. And, I'm guess different phones (or different phone types) are contacted at different times. But, this is just my guess.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does anyone know what may be causing this?

wcy
    I have Backup Man run a scheduled backup every night at 3am. The wife complained about the phone lighting up the bedroom in the middle of the night, so now I just turn the phone "screen down". Maybe you could do the same if you find the light annoying. Do you have any 3rd party apps installed that could be causing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by wcj

wcy
    With all the excitement over the 700p, I decided to pull out my old 300,600, and 650 and recharge the batteries. The 600 has not been used for over two years. So I am sitting there at my computer and from the corner of my eye I see the 600 awake from the dead. Yup, 3:30am. It wasn't even really 3:30 because it is not hooked up to the network. The clock had gotten to 3:30 because it had been 3 1/2 hours since I had pluged in the charger. You are telling me that I will have a 2am joy to discover on the 700p?
  5. wcj
    Thanks for that input. It sounds like its the 600 OS reacting to the time, not something from Sprint.

Would love to know if anyone else has experienced this.

I'll be very interested to hear if your 700p responds to 2:00 am or any other time.

wcj
    This is a very old, old issue. So old I can't remember the cause. Hmmm. Guess I been here too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    This is a very old, old issue. So old I can't remember the cause. Hmmm. Guess I been here too long.
    Old for the 700p?
    Meaning it was an issue talked about a great deal on the Sprint 600, when it came out.
    I don't remember what caused that either. Anyway it appears to be back.