Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I bought the Motorola H3 Bluetooth headset based on the glowing reviews I read here. It's my first BT headset, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it just sounds awful. People tell me they can hear themselves echoing through the headset which is probably because it doesn't fit anywhere near where it needs to in my ear and I have to turn it up all the way in order to hear it. Bluetooth is definitely something I'd like to have, but not at the expense of not being able to hear the person on the other end. Can anyone recommend a BT headset that can have its position adjusted within the ear and works well with the 700p (i.e. without static, decent range, loud enough to be heard)?
  2. #2  
    i agree I bought an h3 from compusa yesterday because it was on sale for $59. It didnt rest on my ear right and you cant adjust it much to help so its not loud. I picked up a Plantronics discovery 640 from best buy today for $99 and its great, comes with all kinds of cool things like a pen sized charger that ises a AAA battery all kinds of adapters for different phone plus and eargels and it sits in your ear not on it and its definantly loud to me, had to turn it down a notch or 2 actually even in the car.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ALooneyGuy
    I bought the Motorola H3 Bluetooth headset based on the glowing reviews I read here. It's my first BT headset, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it just sounds awful. People tell me they can hear themselves echoing through the headset which is probably because it doesn't fit anywhere near where it needs to in my ear and I have to turn it up all the way in order to hear it. Bluetooth is definitely something I'd like to have, but not at the expense of not being able to hear the person on the other end. Can anyone recommend a BT headset that can have its position adjusted within the ear and works well with the 700p (i.e. without static, decent range, loud enough to be heard)?
    Unfortunately, I, too, just picked up an H3, and my wife immediately complained that she was getting feedback on the other end. <sigh>. I had the Plantronics 510s - great sound and voice quality, but it kept on losing connection (and I had to hit the connect button to get it to come back on). Why can't Palm get this right???
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrair
    Unfortunately, I, too, just picked up an H3, and my wife immediately complained that she was getting feedback on the other end. <sigh>. I had the Plantronics 510s - great sound and voice quality, but it kept on losing connection (and I had to hit the connect button to get it to come back on). Why can't Palm get this right???
    LOL - yup, that's where my original complaint came from also. I've been reading some reviews on the Plantronics Discovery 640 recommended above. They seem to run pretty hot and cold, and include some of the same complaints I have with the H3 (poor audio quality and echo). I see a lot of people using Bluetooth...there must be SOMEthing that works!
  5.    #5  
    Also, the Plantronics Discovery 640 has no active noise cancellation, so using it in a noisy environment might add yet another frustration.
  6. #6  
    the new 645 does have noise cancellation but plan to pay an extra $30-40 and lose a lot of talk time (battery life)
  7. #7  
    If you read some of the past posts, the Jabra JX-10 is working flawlessly for 700p users (myself included).

    You can try one at Best Buy, or just take the plunge and purchase one online via a low-cost reseller (eg. search via www.pricegrabber.com).
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    If you read some of the past posts, the Jabra JX-10 is working flawlessly for 700p users (myself included).

    You can try one at Best Buy, or just take the plunge and purchase one online via a low-cost reseller (eg. search via www.pricegrabber.com).
    I guess I should have added that I didn't want to pay more for the headset than I did for the phone
  9. #9  
    $85-90 bucks for a JX-10 is the going rate online... so I guess that means you picked up the 700p for less than $90 -- good for you.

    More importantly, I purchased one headset that worked for both my 650 and 700p, so I didn't have to purchase, errrr... I mean "experiment" with 2, 3, or 4 different headsets to get one to work. Now THAT'S saving $$$.
  10. #10  
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...11-31--241.htm

    Come on and support the team! The TWH is a workhorse. Its not flashy, but in connects like a champ and the sound quality is a solid 7/10. I've used it for over a year and it is still going strong. Slammed it in a car door last week, no worries. Shared charger is a definite plus.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2

Posting Permissions