Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I am getting notifications witht he bell image in the upper left hand corner but when I turn the phone to sound off, it does not vibrate when I have a notification??? How do I fix this?
    _DeusI_Deus@hotmail.com
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Make sure you have the Vibrate setting set to "When Sound Off."

Joe
    Unless I'm missing something, I don't think alert notifications vibrate whether sound is on or off.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    ^you're missing something. Mine vibrates when a text message comes in.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    ^you're missing something. Mine vibrates when a text message comes in.
    Text messages ringers and alerts are two different things. The little bell in the upper left hand corner comes on when I get an e-mail via versa mail and a little chime sets off. When this happens the phone doesn't vibrate. It does, though, when I get a text message.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    There are a couple additional options in the 700 P, what is the alarm for?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Yeah, that is what I am looking for, a vibrate when a versamail comes in and the bell shows up.
    _DeusI_Deus@hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus
    Yeah, that is what I am looking for, a vibrate when a versamail comes in and the bell shows up.
    I don't think there's an option for that built-in. There may be a 3rd party app.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Is there a way to access the bell alert rather then clicking on it? Some cases make it hard without taking the stylus out to select. There must be a key combo todo this.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire
    Is there a way to access the bell alert rather then clicking on it? Some cases make it hard without taking the stylus out to select. There must be a key combo todo this.
    Hold down the center button in the 5-way nav. It'll take you to the alerts screen then you can click on the messages without using the stylus.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Hold down the center button in the 5-way nav. It'll take you to the alerts screen then you can click on the messages without using the stylus.
    Is there any way to disable that ability? I'm trying to play Hellfire, and I can't fire if I can't hold down the center button. The alerts screen keeps popping up.
    Last edited by BLUES; 06/13/2006 at 07:36 PM.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    Is there any way to disable that ability? I'm trying to play Hellfire, and I can't fire if I can't hold down the center button. The alerts screen keeps popping up.
    Ever figure this out? I'd like to disable it too.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I've got the Home key as my fire button.....feels more like regular video game controls to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus
    I am getting notifications witht he bell image in the upper left hand corner but when I turn the phone to sound off, it does not vibrate when I have a notification??? How do I fix this?

What you need is a 3rd party "nag" app like TreoAlertMgr. I have used this on the 300, 600, 650 and now 700p and it works Great!

http://www.pdaapps.com/TreoAlertMgr/index.html
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>