1.    #1  
    Has anyone here tried the scanR service with their 700p? The results are great. Even for "document scanning", which scanR states requires a 2+mp cameraphone, the pdf's that they return are easy to read.

Unfortunately I am unable to receive scanR's pdf's in Versamail. The attachment doesn't even exist! I thought it was a problem for all pdf files attached to email, but if I save the attachment on my desktop then send it to my 700p the attachment shows up just fine. Other pdf's behave properly, just not the one's from scanR. The most frustrating part is that I communicated this to scanR support and was told that it was working normally on their 700p!

Anybody else experience this? Any ideas?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  2.    #2  
    Has anyone here even tried scanR? It's a great service and IT'S FREE!!

Anyone?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Actually, I've got a slightly difference question -- can you see other attachments as well? I know you mentioned pdf, but, for example, I've got a Cingular MMS with a JPEG attached that I can't see either with my 700p.

What's interesting is that the same message going to an Exchange server displays precisely as you'd expect.

Without getting into much of an advertisement, you can always contact us directly at support@scanR.com.
  4.    #4  
    Steve,
    Yes - all other attachments show up normally. I did contact support and was informed by Steve (hmmm ) that the attachments were working fine on his 700p. Thanks.
    As I mentioned, it's my fault for not running all the possible scenarios -- specifically, I pull my mail using exchange activesync against our exchange server at work, and didn't originally think to check against a non-Exchange mailserver. It appears that Exchange helps straighten out whatever this is -- as I mentioned, I'm seeing the same behaviour (that is, where you can't see the attachment) with some other attachments as well. I've now raised the issue at our end, but I've also looked at the mail headers myself and don't know why the Treo is not displaying it (i.e., it appears to be properly formed).

Steve
  6.    #6  
    Well I'm glad to see I don't have a defective phone! Please let me know what comes of this. Thanks Steve!
    Has anyone noticed any other attachments they can't view? As I mentioned, CIngular MMS messages don't display the attachment either (at least for me) but any other examples people come across will help greatly.

Thanks!

Steve
  8.    #8  
    Steve,
    Any updates on this?
    Thanks
    Sadly, I haven't heard anything back. We've spent quite a bit of time pouring over the email headers at our end and don't see anything that's not RFC822 compliant in either our email or the Cingular MMS email (the other 'culprit' that we've found so far). But we definitely haven't forgotten about it!

Steve