Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'd like to move up to the 700p from the 650...
    have they fixed the volume issue on the 650? If I'm anywhere with a little bit of noise, I can't hear the other party when I'm on my 650 many time...the volume won't go loud enough. Fixed?

Sean
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I feel that the volume on my 700P is slightly worse than on my 650. Maybe it's because I moved to Sprint from Verizon...

also the screen is better on the 650 and the speed of operation is faster on the 650. What gives!?

oh well at least I have my extra memory and EVDO!
    I have looked for this answer many times and it was never really answered. I came from a BB but had window mobile devices and a Treo 650 in the past. Hated the WM and the 650 was crap becasue of the vol problems. I wanted to upgrade and I took a risk and got the 700P.

Vol is great. Crisp and clear. Very quality. I keep it two bars lower then max and I can hear very well. I have had it for 3 days and not one freeze or reset. Only have a few 3rd part aps loaded. Over all this is looking like the best device I have ever had. I will write a review in a week or two. After more time.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Volume is louder and clearer than on the 650. It is like night and day. No need for Volume Care now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryL356
    Volume is louder and clearer than on the 650. It is like night and day. No need for Volume Care now.
    How about your speakerphone? I'm less than impressed with it's volume. Ringtones sound great, but voices are too low. VolumeCare helps a bit, but not enough to make the speakerphone a worthwhile tool for me. Is it just my device or do others think the same?
    Which 650 ?

The Cingular and Verizon models were 12 db louder than the Sprint model.
    Volume is good on the 700p. I have VolumeCare installed but not enabled for speakerphone, headset, or earpiece. It's not really needed.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    On the 650 the volume problems were fixed by a firmware update (at least for Sprint). When using bluetooth or the phone itself I don't hear much difference between the 700p and the 650 with the update. However, the speakerphone on the 650 with the update is much louder than that on the 700p.
    700 is better than 650. I no longer use Volumecare.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    thank you. FYI, I have a fully updated sprint 650 and still have volume that's not quite loud enough...I know one of the firmware fixes addressed something with volume, my 650 is still too low most of the time IMO.
    yea even after the firmware update the volume wasn't improved much on the 650s, for Sprint anyway.
    I find VolumeCare to be very useful with my 700p, as it was on my 650. Really makes a difference for me. Highly recommended!

Casey
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    hrmmmm, I have different findings from you guys. Volume wise sounds great until I get into an area of background noise. I actually find both the speakerphone and headset volume to be WORSE on the 700p sprint than on my 650 Verizon phone.
    Speaker volume on my Sprint 700p has been better than on my Sprint 650, and I've found no need to load VolumeCare on my 700p.

I guess to each their own, on this one.
    volume on my 700p is also better than the 650, i dont use volumecare either, it is fine stock
    The volume on the 700P is better. I don't need VolumeCare anymore.
    the speakerphone seems relatively useless. Unless I'm in a completely quiet area I'm holding it relatively close to my ear. With minimal background noise I really have to focus on listening. I don't have any issues with the earpiece nor did I have any issues with using a corded headset. But the Jabra Earwaves never had an issue in that department.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I just got my VZW 700p and Volume Care from my 650 does NOT work with the 700p.
    Checked all the settings, good. Only get the standard volume bars from the Treo, not the green and blue bars from VC.

Also, my MP3Ringer from Lightwave (had on my 650) doesn't play my ringtones when receiving calls, although I can play them from Pocket Tunes.
    You probably need the newer version of VolumeCare. It's up to 5.38 now. I had 5.20 on my 650 and it didn't work on the 700p either til I updated it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    You probably need the newer version of VolumeCare. It's up to 5.38 now. I had 5.20 on my 650 and it didn't work on the 700p either til I updated it.

Thanks, Jaggrey!

Now all I need to do is work out the MP3 Ringer problem. Toysoft advises I have to delete MP3Ringer and lose all my custom ringtones. Then download the newest version of Lightwave and recreate my custom ringtones all over again - A REAL HASSLE this 700p!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast