Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had the 700P for about a week now with Verizon and the reception is terrible. Lots of static and calls drop and fade in and out. This happens with the handset and a bluetooth headset.
    I'm in NYC, so service should not be a problem.

Anyone else have poor reception or similar problems? It could just be a lemon. Planning to swap it out for a new one to test, but just wanted to check the forums, just in case.

(Please don't turn this into a Sprint v Verizon thread argument!)
    while I don't live in NYC...I live in some suburb of chicago that is like...theres nothing out here and somehow I have evdo...but the signal I get is FANTASTIC. I've never had something so clear before.
    I have Sprint here in Texas and the reception is awesome. Crystal clear and I'm usually at 6 bars.
    Significantly better than with my 650
    Central wisconsin, much better reception than 650, it was roaming in my house on 650 with the latest prl and now I have 2-3 bars on 700.
    I'm in Northern VA, and haven't had any problems
    i am in northern NJ and no problems with my VZW 700P. might be the signal reflection and large repeater usage in NYC?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    The static is because of your BT headset. Don't use it then test again for the same issues. Treos don't have the best BT.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Mine Sprint 700p is much better than my Sprint 650 was.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Here's hoping it's just a lemon!
    Brooklyn NY, Sheepshead Bay to be specific. The reception is much better than the 650. I get 5 bars almost all the time with EVDO always available as well.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Using my 700p in Manhattan, I get better reception than with the 650. In particular, I'm getting voice and EVDO on subway platforms where the 650 got no reception.
    My Sprint 700p has far better reception then my Sprint Treo 600. At least an average of 2 or 3 bars.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    My 700p on Sprint is very good in Reno NV, Unfortunatly NO EVDO here yet. The phone works great and I have had very few dropped called calls so far. The battery life is not so hot when I use the phone real heavy- I'm going to try and cut back on the send receive every 15 min. and see if that helps the bat last longer.
    my 700p gets significantly better reception than my 600 did here in orange county, CA
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I'm in Las Vegas. In the city, EVDO is great, and call quality is great. At home, EVDO goes in and out several times a minute. I must be right on the fringe. But call quality is still perfect. I got all the bars lit up at home and in town.

Unfortunately, battery life is terrible. I can go to sleep with 80% charge and wake up with 30%. I'm not connected to the web, but I still wonder if switching between EVDO and 1xrt so much is eating away at my battery.
    I am in Michigan and my 700p under sprint has amazing reception...even out in the land of deliverance...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Reception with my Sprint 700p seems about identical to my Sprint 650. I had a weak signal at my desk in my office building and it's still weak with my 700p.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I have both sitting next to each other right now and 650 has 2-3 bars 700p All 5. STL MO
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    At my office on 50th & Seventh Ave. and at home on the Upper West Side, the reception/Power Vision on the 700p with Sprint is impressive.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast