1.    #1  
    I keep getting a message on my phone from Sprint to update my phone for Vision services. It asks now or later? When I hit now it says preparing Vision services. It was taking a long time and I need my phone so I hit cancel. Of course, it popped up again later and has been running for quite a while.

Anybody else experience this?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Probably a PRL update. These are good things especially as EVDO is being expanded. Keeps your phone updated on which towers to use. PRL = Prefered Roaming List.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    that's not a prl update...it's your vision provivioning acting up.
    Thats what I would say
    Tell sprint to stop
    Dutch is right. It will continue to do so until you within 'Sprint' coverage. I just went through the same nonsense on two phones.

OT. What is cool is that when we hard reset our old Treos, you get a formatting message and then all your Sprint phone specific data disappears!
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Really? Are you saying the Sprint apps and logo disappear after a hard reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    Dutch is right. It will continue to do so until you within 'Sprint' coverage. I just went through the same nonsense on two phones.

OT. What is cool is that when we hard reset our old Treos, you get a formatting message and then all your Sprint phone specific data disappears!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I don't think that's what he meant...if it is he is incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    No. Your phone number and your networking information that typically survives a standard hard reset gets wiped.

[Update] See post below. This information will survive a normal hard reset. It is only wiped when your phone is decommissioned by the carrier.....
    Last edited by Ohmster; 06/12/2006 at 02:42 PM.
    No. Your phone number and your networking information that typically survives a standard hard reset gets wiped.
    you didn't do a hard reset...this information survices a hard reset on the 700P
    OK. I think I've confused everyone including myself here. What I was trying to say is that when you activate your new phone, the old one is deactivated. When you look at the old one, nothing seems to have changed except you can't call and can't get calls. However, get Info on the phone application still shows all your carrier specific information such as your phone number and username.

Now, when you do a hard reset on your OLD phone, you get a message about formating. When it comes up, your username and phone number are no longer associated with the phone and no longer show on the Info screen.
    You can also manually remove all of your specific account / carrier info. by doing a zero-out reset on the 700P. The procedure for doing a zero out reset on the 700P is different than the 650's method.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=116649

Go into the phone app, then type ##786# hit the menu key and select reset, you will be asked for your MSL code, enter it and you got yourself a Zero out reset.
    OK. I think I've confused everyone including myself here. What I was trying to say is that when you activate your new phone, the old one is deactivated. When you look at the old one, nothing seems to have changed except you can't call and can't get calls. However, get Info on the phone application still shows all your carrier specific information such as your phone number and username.

Now, when you do a hard reset on your OLD phone, you get a message about formating. When it comes up, your username and phone number are no longer associated with the phone and no longer show on the Info screen.
    I just tried this on my old 650. Sure enough, a message did pop up about reformating. However, when it was done I went into the ##DATA# screen and it still had my SPCS username and other info there.