1.    #1  
    So far, the only 3rd party apps I've installed outside of Voice Dial and Documents to Go are the following:

Call Filter
    Volume Care
    IBM Java
    Cleanup and Uninstall Manager
    OnCradleOn
    Treo Guard

My phone has done a couple random rests over the past couple days and I suspect it is either Call Filter or Volume Care. I checked to see what caused the reset, but it only said an unknown application caused it.

I suspect Volume Care and Call Filter because for one, Call Filter hasn't been stable since the 600 and the current version was even buggy on the 650. I know it hasn't been updated for the 700p yet, but I tried it out and it seemed to work for the announce number feature, which is all I want it for anyway.

Secondly, Volume Care seems to work on my 700p when it wants to. I've noticed that sometimes my alerts are VERY loud, like louder than the settings, while other times it'll be the usual muted sound as if VC wasn't installed at all. Also, after adjusting the volume with VC, I don't notice an immediate change. It usually takes an hour or so. I also don't believe the developer for VC has stated that it is updated for use on the 700p, not sure on that, though.

Is anyone else noticing these issues with either app? If no one else has I'll just have to start by deleting CF to see if the problems continue. I need VC more anyway. If there are other apps I have that anyone feels may be causing the issue, let me know. Thanks in advance!
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    After a random reset occurs, go to the dial pad and type in ##733# to see what caused the reset.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    After a random reset occurs, go to the dial pad and type in ##733# to see what caused the reset.
    Like I said, I did that and the results stated it was an unknown application

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have never had a volume care problem. Infact I forgot I had it, until I got my 700p and the phone was too loud. but Call Filter ever since my 600 has cause my havoc. tons of resets. so moved on.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    You're gonna have to do a hard reset then and install each app. one by one, waiting awhile between installing each one to see when you get a random reset.
    Call Filter is really buggy so that's almost surely your problem. The developer also doens't seem to care about fixing the bugs so you're SOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonron
    Call Filter is really buggy so that's almost surely your problem. The developer also doens't seem to care about fixing the bugs so you're SOL.
    callfilter doesnt event work 100% on the 700p. you might want to try other ringtone managers.
  8.    #8  
    Are there any other Caller ID apps that announce the phone number? From what I understand Call Filter is the only one. I bought LightWav Pro and after a few updates it was working great, but I no longer use MP3s for ringers, which is all I used that app for (along with the full screen picture caller ID).

I deleted Call Filter this morning and everything appears to be back to normal. Let me know if there are any Caller ID apps that announce the number, please!

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  9.    #9  
    I just noticed that VC still is sometimes on and sometimes off. The application sounds and the ringer volume aren't consistent. Sometimes it works according to the volume I have set in VC, but other times it sounds like the factory settings are functioning instead.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    my volume care doesnt work.....whats the deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Are there any other Caller ID apps that announce the phone number? From what I understand Call Filter is the only one. I bought LightWav Pro and after a few updates it was working great, but I no longer use MP3s for ringers, which is all I used that app for (along with the full screen picture caller ID).

I deleted Call Filter this morning and everything appears to be back to normal. Let me know if there are any Caller ID apps that announce the number, please!
    Big Tone,

Go to www.cequint.com and check out CityID. It works well for me and is a valuable asset. I have used Call Filter in the past and did not ever find an awareness that it was used for Caller ID.

Regards,

Jim
    my vc work perfect with no problems. You need verison 5.38 pro.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    yeah, i just upgraded mine and its works fine now.
    My guess and money is on CallFilter........... Great app "IF" it worked correctly.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    Big Tone,

Go to www.cequint.com and check out CityID. It works well for me and is a valuable asset. I have used Call Filter in the past and did not ever find an awareness that it was used for Caller ID.

Regards,

Jim
    Looks like a nice app, but I really want a Caller ID program that announces the number like Call Filter.

BTW, I deleted CF and everything has been working fine with the exception of On Demand causing several resets yesterday afternoon.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!