Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I had a Treo 650, I encountered a number of issues with the Palm cradle. Often it just wouldn't work. Then I would have to take the connecters out of the cradle and plug directly into the phone to sync. Scanned the boards and didn't see any comments indicating that this was still a problem. But thought I would check before ordering a cradle - Is anyone having problems with the Treo 700P syncing while in the Palm cradle?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Been using a 700p in the Palm cradle since it was released and have not had a problem.
    same for my cradle, although my old 650 cable(s) seemed to stop working after a while on the 650, and definitely continued to not work on the 700p. I just got one replaced today.
    yep.
    I've always used cradles with my Palm devices since my original Palm Pilot. I had the 600 but skipped the 650 and now have the 700P.

I use the 650/700P cradle and it is easily the worst cradle I've used. I really have to focus on docking it properly in order to get it to properly connect.

Don't get me wrong, the cradle works but I had a few instances when it didn't presumably because I didn't properly make the connection.

For reference, I have two of the cradles, one for homeand one for the office.
  5.    #5  
    With the 650 cradle that I had (and still have) it was impossible to get it to sync. Just eventually stopped working. There were a number of threads from people on how to modify the cradle. I believe there was a rev a and b, and the rev a was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    I've always used cradles with my Palm devices since my original Palm Pilot. I had the 600 but skipped the 650 and now have the 700P.

I use the 650/700P cradle and it is easily the worst cradle I've used. I really have to focus on docking it properly in order to get it to properly connect.

Don't get me wrong, the cradle works but I had a few instances when it didn't presumably because I didn't properly make the connection.

For reference, I have two of the cradles, one for homeand one for the office.
    Maybe I've just been lucky but I never had a problem using my cradle with my 650. I'm still using the same cradle for my 700p. Don't know if I have rev a or b.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    With the 650 cradle that I had (and still have) it was impossible to get it to sync. Just eventually stopped working. There were a number of threads from people on how to modify the cradle. I believe there was a rev a and b, and the rev a was bad.
    I had the same problem. For me, though, swapping out the cable for another one improved the functionality with the 650 -- not perfect, but better. On the other hand, it works every time with the 700.
    I've been using the Seido cradle for the 650 and now 700p and it has been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    Over the last two days (both home and office), the cradles have worked fine. I certainly give the device an extra push to make sure it is seated.

The cradles are Rev B.
    Anyone get the audio out on the Seidio cradle for the 650 to work with the 700p? I had to buy some weird adapter to get music on the 650 to play through my speakers but it worked. I've been successfully using the same cradle to HotSync my 700p but hadn't tried to play music through it until yesterday and it didn't seem to be working..
    I use the palm cradle since it has room to charge an extra battery. Nice feature and the cradle is nice. Just a bit of a hastle taking the unit out.
  12.    #12  
    I ended up buying two of the Palm cradles. Not having any issues with either one of them. Everything is worked as expected, which is a welcome change from the original Rev A Treo 650 cradles that I had.
    Today, I pressed on the Card Export program while in the cradle and the phone reset. Now, whenever I leave my Treo 700p in the cradle, it goes into a reset loop (I am using the 700p wiring). When I remove the power/USB cord and plug directly into the 700p, the same occurs. When removed from the cradle or plugged into a 3rd party power source, the phone is fine. This is the system error log:

"A reset was caused on 6/22/06 at 7:31 am while running "Phone": Fatal Exception.

Any ideas (I don't want to have to do a hard reset). I don't think that it's an error caused by Card Export because the reset loop does not occur when outside the official cradle. Help????
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I just bought a palm cradle - been using the 700p and the seido extended battery (no cradle) for a couple of months with no problems. In the 2nd day of usage with the Palm cradle, I let it sit overnight, woke to find a treo hot to the touch, and a black screen. It took a couple of resets to get it going down. Once off the cradle it cooled down...

Question - is this a faulty cradle that should be returned? OR is it the extended battery cradle combo? this is the only thread where I see a hint of this happened with the 700p... was wondering if anyone had any recent experiences/suggestions? I don't want to toast my treo, but I need the cradle (to support the treo, also the extra battery charger on the palm cradle is welcome...)

thanks
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Well, if your 700p and the extended battery combo charges correctly the 'old' way (i.e. w/o the cradle), then the problem very likely is your new cradle.

If you want to experiment with it with the possibility of toasting your 700p: put the 'old' battery (the one that comes with your unit when you bought the 700p) in your 700p and charge this combo with your new cradle. If it's still hot, then it must be your cradle. If it's not... which I doubt... then maybe your extended battery cannot work with the cradle... (But I highly do NOT recommend this test!)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for your quick reply... I have another question... the cradle for the 700p is identical to the cradle for the 650, is that correct? I notice the box says 650, but the add said 650 and 700p. If they're not identical, I might have figured out the problem...

btw, it's rev c model.

Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Well, if your 700p and the extended battery combo charges correctly the 'old' way (i.e. w/o the cradle), then the problem very likely is your new cradle.

If you want to experiment with it with the possibility of toasting your 700p: put the 'old' battery (the one that comes with your unit when you bought the 700p) in your 700p and charge this combo with your new cradle. If it's still hot, then it must be your cradle. If it's not... which I doubt... then maybe your extended battery cannot work with the cradle... (But I highly do NOT recommend this test!)
    Last edited by Swap; 08/04/2006 at 03:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Swap
    Thanks so much for your quick reply... I have another question... the cradle for the 700p is identical to the cradle for the 650, is that correct? I notice the box says 650, but the add said 650 and 700p. If they're not identical, I might have figured out the problem...
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $connection$ $outlets$ $at$ $the$ $bottom$ $of$ $both$ $650$ $and$ $700p$ $are$ $identical$ - $at$ $least$ $for$ $the$ $data$ $and$ $power$ $outlets$. $The$ $Palm$ $cradle$ $claims$ $that$ $it$ $works$ $for$ $both$ $650$ $and$ $700p$. $Most$ ($if$ $not$ $all$) $of$ $the$ $available$ $chargers$ $work$ $for$ $both$. $As$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $the$ $model$ $of$ $your$ $cradle$, $I$ $cannot$ $comment$ $but$ $my$ $bet$ $is$ $it$ $should$ $work$ $for$ $both$ $also$.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Swap

btw, it's rev c model.
    Of the two cradles I purchased, one was for labeled for the 650/700P and was purchased from Sprint. The other was labeled for the 700P and was purchased from Verizon. Both work flawlessly. They are both Rev C.
    I've been using the 650 cradle no problem. What I have found is that where the cable plugs into the bottom of the cradle is finicky. After a while it sometimes fails to synch but if I unplug and then replug the cable everything works fine again.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Of those who recently purchased the cradle, did it have the old PalmOne logo or the new palm logo. I just got the cradle kit and it is the same old one I got when I ordered one for my 650 a year ago. Complete with the same issues. Wondering if I should return it and ask for a newer cradle kit.
    bit_bucket
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast