Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1.    #1  
    Am about to buy the treo 700p from sprint... but i have sum questions and i know it maybe some where around in these fourms...but i havent gotten the right answer, can i use aol instant messenger with the treo 700p, or in other words does aim or aol software come on the treo... if yes is it a 3rd party software or is it the actual aim instant messenger software with the buddy list and ect.. that are offered by other phones such as the sidekick ii, windows based phones and ect...

    thanks
  2. #2  
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/searc...archid=4758234

    Mundu, Toccer, VeriChat (though still buggy on the 700P) all let you use instant messaging services on the Treo.
  3.    #3  
    Which will give you the best lookin aim or aol instant messaging?
  4. #4  
    I fell in love with Toccer on my 650. How is the functionality of the latest build (I believe Preview 13) on the 700p?
  5. #5  
    I use the aol mail app from my 650. It works perfectly on my 700p.

    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...59256&R=159256
    Jimmie Geddes
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I use the aol mail app from my 650. It works perfectly on my 700p.

    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...59256&R=159256

    Thanks.. but what am refering too is the instant message service...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    I fell in love with Toccer on my 650. How is the functionality of the latest build (I believe Preview 13) on the 700p?
    Toccer causes resets for me.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  8. #8  
    I'm a Verichat user trying out Toccer while I wait for Verichat to be updated for the 700p. Toccer works but Verichat is worth the premium it costs. Most importantly, Verichat allows you to reply (and therefore converse) in the background. Toccer forces you to leave your current app. Plus Toccer has no emoticons.
  9. #9  
    Does Toccer count as a Text Message and charge me $0.10?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SIILENTKARMA1
    Am about to buy the treo 700p from sprint... but i have sum questions and i know it maybe some where around in these fourms...but i havent gotten the right answer, can i use aol instant messenger with the treo 700p, or in other words does aim or aol software come on the treo... if yes is it a 3rd party software or is it the actual aim instant messenger software with the buddy list and ect.. that are offered by other phones such as the sidekick ii, windows based phones and ect...

    thanks

    AOL also has an old but free client - http://www.aol.co.uk/aim/palm/

    Not sure if it works on the 700p
  11. #11  
    it seems to work fine on the 700p, but it doesn't load your list - you'll have to enter all of your buddies in...
  12. #12  
    Any other free applications anyone knows about out there that support AIM?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_in_NE
    it seems to work fine on the 700p, but it doesn't load your list - you'll have to enter all of your buddies in...
    mine loaded up upon sign in...
  14. #14  
    AOL UK was usable initially but then caused my Palm to crash and do the infinite reset loop. So I deleted it. Toccer crashed the Treo when receiving an incoming IM. Deleted that one. Mundu worked but then had initialization problems with other programs running the background. Deleted that. Then I tried Causerie which seemed to work fine but then had trouble logging on and would enter a loop and not quit. Axed that one too.

    That just left VersaChat which supposedly doesn't work with the 700p, but I downloaded a hacked version (do a search here) that fixes the 700p issues and it works good for me so far.
  15. #15  
    I can't believe with all the functionality of the Treo and how important instant messaging is becoming in the corporate world, that nobody has yet created a good client. You have Verichat, but a majority of people don't want to have to pay a subscription fee for service. And right now it doesn't even work correctly on the 700p. So really there isn't anything out there currently with a good functionality. If I knew how to develop software for Palm OS, I'd be working on it right now. AIM offers up a developer pack just like Palm does. I'd pay for the price of software, but a subscription service makes me want to think twice. You never know how the marketplace is going to go. It's possible that a company could go out of business and then you're out of luck.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  16. #16  
    I don't believe Verichat charges a subscription fee for the service, they charge you a yearly fee for updates. If your product works fine, you probably don't need to update it, and you can continue using your current version without paying any fees.

    By the way, the hacked version doesn't ask for a serial number or anything.
  17. #17  
    The Verichat annual fee is for their gateway service and updates to the application. But as I've just posted in the "Verichat is still broken on 700p" thread, Verichat is fundementally flawed (for me, anyhow)... and not just on the 700p.

    Take a read of the post, and buyer beware. Good luck.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...tpost&t=116189
  18. #18  
    Here's a few different clients
    http://midlet.org/category.jsp?parentLevel=222&did=7

    Gary
  19. #19  
    Toccer works fine for me on the 700p.
  20. #20  
    i wish the guys of GAIM would me a palm client.

    i heart GAIM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions