1.    #1  
    what am i going to need to play movies on my 650 .. i have tried putting the movies on the sd card .. but i dont even know how to open up the sd card on the treo .. the only thing i can really do with the sd card is open up music files through real player .. help me out guys please .. im so new to this kinda stuff .. yet so lost .. haha how do i get the files off my sd card .. or how do look at files that i have on my sd card .. like movies, photos, and such .. please let men know !
    http://www.mmplayer.com/

Costs about $18. Works great. I also like Pocket DVD for ripping DVDs to fit the Treo screen.

http://www.pqdvd.com/watch_dvd_on_pocket_pc.html
    Check the multimedia forum. You can burn and play DVD's for free.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    How many MB's does one full-length movie take up on an SD card? Let's say a 90-minute movie. And also songs. Let's say a 5-minute song. Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    How many MB's does one full-length movie take up on an SD card? Let's say a 90-minute movie. And also songs. Let's say a 5-minute song. Thanks...
    About 200 MB if you do it right. All the info is in the Multimedia forum.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAMark
    http://www.mmplayer.com/

Costs about $18. Works great. I also like Pocket DVD for ripping DVDs to fit the Treo screen.

http://www.pqdvd.com/watch_dvd_on_pocket_pc.html

MMPlayer is ok but has not been updated forever. I get the feeling the programmers abandoned it. As far as seeing his files on the SD card, the newbie should download filez. He is probably using the default applications on the TREO which do not show you half the things on your device.

Anyway, the I think you are correct that the easiest combo for movies on a treo is pocket dvd plus mmplayer but its not worth the cash for the programs. Lets hound SLINGBOX to support palm and we can watch whatever we want thats on our tv.
  7.    #7  
    thankkkkkkks guys .. but what file do i need to view the things that are on my SD card .. I just got this yesterday . .still new to everything ..
    Download FILEZ and hot sync it to your device. This application is free and kind of works like windows explorer. It will show you everything on your palm or SD card. Do not know how new you are. Did you backup your contents to a PC yet?
    aghhhh...what is it? Haven't heard of TCPMP *The Core Player Media player*, its free and plays a great many formats , Mpeg, MP3, MP4, AVI, Ogg ...did I mention its FREE .
  10.    #10  
    really ?! how do i get tcmp ?! sounds good to me if its free .. will i need anything else other than TCMP ?! and FILEZ im guessing im just gona have to google off the internet ? thanks for the help guys i greatly appreciate it !
  11.    #11  
    and how do i back-up my files to the PC .. most of my stuff is on the PC because of the software that came with the treo .. is that what you mean ?
  12.    #12  
    and I just downloaded TCMP .. do i now put that on the SD card or just hotsync it to my 650 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by illus1onaticpno
    and I just downloaded TCMP .. do i now put that on the SD card or just hotsync it to my 650 ?
    You hotsync it. Unzip it and there is an index.html or manual.html I believe. Open one of those and it will tell you which files to hotsync.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    You hotsync it. Unzip it and there is an index.html or manual.html I believe. Open one of those and it will tell you which files to hotsync.

If it where me (I did do it this way ) I would put TCPMP right on the phone, then you can put movies on your card and switch out the card for other things and still have the player available, I would alos get a program called Vemode it is also free and does a great job of rendering movie files for the treo, but you will need a ripping program to get the DVDs into the computer so you can convert them, and I have not been able to find one of those for free, I did buy Magic DVD ripper, if you do a google search for either of these programs you should be able to find them.
    I hope this helps
    Terry