Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Can someone clear this up for me? I am being told by a Sprint rep that with the Ultimate Pack you only get "access" to those channels but that each channel will charge you a monthly fee to subscirbe to it. Is this right? If I pay $25/month for the Ultimate pack will I then have to pay ESPN another $8/month(just a guess) to watch ESPN on my phone? I thought the $25/month fee for the Ultimate Pack paid for unlimited access to those channels. Can anyone clear this up? Thanks.
    There are channels that are included in the ultimate pack and then there are offered channels beyond that -- that are on a fee basis. Once purchased -- the channels that are "in" your package show up on your Treo screen under "My Channels" -- the ones you would need to still buy -- show up under "Available Channels."

My Sprint store has a brochure that describes the channels included in the 3 levels of Power Vision pricing. (Power Vision $15, Power Vision Plus $20, and Power Vision Ultimate $25).

With SERO, the basic Power Vision is free and then I had the opportunity to purchase 3 different add on packs (from my Treo screen), two of which mirrored the plus and ultimate packs for $4.95 or $9.95 -- but then their was a "LIVE" package that looked pretty much like the ultimate pack -- couldn't really tell the difference by their descriptions -- except the "LIVE" pack was a $9.99 add vs. $9.95 for the ultimate.

By purchasing -- the screen said I was committing for 2 months. Not sure what would happen if I tried to cancel -- whether I would get a prorated refund or not.

I will play with it for two months -- and see if I want to keep paying the $9.95 over my free basic Power Vision package.

Cheers, Perry.
    The only problem I have is that the web site description of the plans is completely different than what you get. Do not know if this is a programming error or false advertising. Loony Tunes is specifically mentioned as an Ultimate channel. You do not get it in any of the folders, only in the premium channel section. Another example is the Discovery Channel. Ultimate gives you a folder called Discovery with some lame clips but it is not the Discovery Channel unless you buy the SPRINT live package. Where is Animal Planet? They either have to fix their website or make amends.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    The only problem I have is that the web site description of the plans is completely different than what you get. Do not know if this is a programming error or false advertising. Loony Tunes is specifically mentioned as an Ultimate channel. You do not get it in any of the folders, only in the premium channel section. Another example is the Discovery Channel. Ultimate gives you a folder called Discovery with some lame clips but it is not the Discovery Channel unless you buy the SPRINT live package. Where is Animal Planet? They either have to fix their website or make amends.
    I agree -- the Sprint Web Site descriptions of PowerVision TV channels is very limited. There was no listing of the 3 packs by pricing and included channels when I last looked. The store brochure and what appeared on my Treo screen describing the availble "packs" to buy was much more informative.

Cheers, Perry.
    the ultimate package is just a scam. the wording that they used to sell it was chosen very carefully. there are only a few "channels" where they state that it is LIVE. all of the other "channels" are clips. to them, "channels" and LIVE are different. I think that everyone that has the utimate package should get the LIVE package for free. this is totally a false advertising issue!!!!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    When it comes to looney tunes it is no question false advertising. It is specifically mentioned in the Ultimate package and is not in the any one of the Ultimate folders in any way shape or form. It is only in the add on section. You do not even get a looney tunes folder with a few lame cartoons.
    yeah along with animal planet (not that I am dieing for that channel). I called to complain and they told me that they would not give me LIVE for free or offer it at a discount. and they did admit that the wording was deceiving.
    I'm confused by all this, too. The website implies certain channels are included. But when you try to access them with Ultimate PV on your plan, it asks you to pay for them.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    also animal planet (not that I am dieing for that channel). I called to complain and they would not give me LIVE for free or at a discount. but they did say that the wording was deceiving.
    Its all a big scam. It is unquestionably deceptive bait and switch. I might not have even gone to the 700p and its added costs had I known this in advance.
    that is the wording issue. what part of "channel" implies LIVE, AND whether it is clips or LIVE it is still "streaming". if you take that into consideration and re-read their wording (minus the "channels" that are not being offered that are supposed to be offered.) you can see where they are screwing us with their wording.
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    that is the wording issue. what part of "channel" implies LIVE, AND whether it is clips or LIVE it is still "streaming". if you take that into consideration and re-read their wording (minus the "channels" that are not being offered that are supposed to be offered.) you can see where they are screwing us with their wording.

I do not think they are that clever. I just think they rolled out the whole product before they were ready and gave it their best shot. Like our Vice President.
    funny. but wrong forum for politics
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    funny. but wrong forum for politics
    . I actually like the guy. My comment was just an example of things go wrong sometimes.