1.    #1  
    How does one capture a phone number during a conversation?

I tried going to speaker phone, then to phone mode and entering the number. It appears on screen, but is lost if I disconnect the call, or even if the other party does.

I thought I knew how to do this, but when demonstrating to a newbie, saw that I could not.

thanks, Edwin
    E

I presume you're not trying to call back the telephone number which is calling you. That will be in the call log and you can simple call it from there.

Go to speakerphone, earpiece, etc then use the contact app to enter a phone number in a new contact phone number field. After you hang up you can dial from the 'new' contact.

Some of my old phones let me 'dial' a number while on a call and the number was re-displayed as the last number dialed. This was very convenient at times. Not a feature on the Treos.

Good Luck!
    Or, you could just click on memos or to-do and tap the number in there and transfer to a contact later via copy/paste.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Or you can buy CallRec.
    Hi,

If you use TAKEphONE, you just press the PHONE button, type in the number (either via keyboard or on-screen larger buttons), and it's there.

You can select "Save..." any time later on to create a new contact or add it to an existing one.

To return to the "current call" screen - press & HOLD the PHONE button.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    i just open Diddlebug and write it down for later - and this is very easy if you have a headset on.
    I use CallRec... when I anticipate someone saying a phone number a simple doubleclick on the side button starts recording. They say the number, I say the number back, s-l-o-w-l-y to make sure it's recorded, another doubleclick cancels recording. Then I have it forever. Used this technique several times.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.