Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    My 700p worked flawlessly up until Wednesday night.

I called my wife from out of town and dropped the call after about 2 minutes. Called her back and dropped the call after about 3 minutes. This persisted so that I had to call her back 9 times to complete a conversation.

Signal strength was at 5 bars. Battery was almost fully charged. No message saying signal faded or anything like that. It simply acted as if I hung up the phone.

It's been doing this ever since. The phone just hangs itself up when it feels like it.

Sprint took me through a hard reset which did not help.

The 2nd tier Vision Support took me through a different procedure that goes beyond the hard reset and actually takes you back to when the phone was 1st shipped before any programming at all. That also didn't help.

Before I have Palm ship me a new phone I was wondering if any of you know what the heck is going on here.
    Is your cheek pressing the hang up button?
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Is your cheek pressing the hang up button?
    No, but I know where you're going with that. I had that problem for awhile with the 650.

I'm using the Bluetooth headset most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    No, but I know where you're going with that. I had that problem for awhile with the 650.

Is/are your other cheek(s) pressing the hang up button?

I'd guess it's a hardware problem and trade it in. If you've zeroed the phone, don't have 3rd party apps loaded, and you're still seeing the problem...welp...nobody else is complaining of the same problem, so odds are it's a hardware problem.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    This may be a silly question, but have you always been in the same location for these dropped calls? I've had problems in the past with the tower by my house causing these full signal drops. Had to go through executive support before they would send someone out, and not blame it on the trees blowing in the wind (I kid you not)!

-Curt
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner
    This may be a silly question, but have you always been in the same location for these dropped calls? I've had problems in the past with the tower by my house causing these full signal drops. Had to go through executive support before they would send someone out, and not blame it on the trees blowing in the wind (I kid you not)!

-Curt
    Not a silly question at all.

It happens in Miami and Orlando and everywhere in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner

-Curt
    You sure its wasn't solar flares or swamp gas? http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Or if the tower has too many calls connected, and a new caller dials 911, it will disconnect another call to make room.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree

Ah, bluetooth...have you read this thread called "700p and Bluetooth headsets (disconnection)"? Might be a related problem. No solution there but misery loves company and all that

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116632
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    was it in a case? i had a case that could touch the screen from time to time and would do that to me on bluetooth
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Just for the record - are you talking about dropped calls on BT or is the phone hanging up without it? I mean when you have no BT headset active?
    I'd say trade it in, I'd be willing to bet if you had a sprint store test it they'd find something wrong with it.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    It is happening both with the bluetooth headset and without.