1.    #1  
    my phone won't repeat it's alarm like it did before...
    my 650 would repeat for about 5 mins
    and then would stop
    anyone?
    ~there is no spoon~
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    and then would stop
    anyone?

Yes, I'm also having this issue. Any solutions?

I've missed many alarms because the p doesn't ring 3 times for each alarm like my 650 did.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Same here. WHY did they remove the option for the number repeats for the alert sound for each time the alarm would sound? Now, I guess, we will have to create our own repeating alarm sound with MIDI editing.

Off Topic, WHY did they remove the option for SMS Messages that would allow you to choose whether you wanted to return to the list or proceed to the next message?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Yes, I'm also having this issue. Any solutions?

I've missed many alarms because the p doesn't ring 3 times for each alarm like my 650 did.
    This has been driving me crazy. I thought I just forgot how to get it set up the right way. I'm a little bit relieved that the problem is with the phone and not with me. But this really needs to be fixed. I'm missing many of the alerts that I used to rely on.
    Mine works fine. So look at your 3rd party apps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The palm calendar alarm on mine is causing soft resets...alarm rings>reset.

I have no 3rd party software that impacts the alarm, I don't think...
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    and then would stop
    anyone?
    Same here. I took mine back to Sprint and replaced it; still the same. Even the MANUAL for the 700p shows the exact same illustration as the alarm setup screen....it has TOTALLY changed from the 650. There USED to be an option for number of times to play the sound...now there's NOT.

And, the guy who says his works fine, can't be true unless you like your alarms to just play one tone one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbddsmd
    Same here. I took mine back to Sprint and replaced it; still the same. Even the MANUAL for the 700p shows the exact same illustration as the alarm setup screen....it has TOTALLY changed from the 650. There USED to be an option for number of times to play the sound...now there's NOT.

And, the guy who says his works fine, can't be true unless you like your alarms to just play one tone one time.
    This is true. The repeat notification option has been removed from the 700p.
    What are you guys talking about? Are you talking about the option to repeat the notifications, where it would be once, twice, 3, 5, 10, 100 times?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    yes
    I repeat: MINE WORKS FINE!!! Including repeats. The 'repeat' option (once, twice, 3 times, 5 times, 10 times, 100 times) is there and also a reminder sound option which also works. I tested it just now when someone insinuated I was mistaken. This coming from a long time treo user. Good luck with your 3rd party apps TCers.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    My Sprint 700p seems to work exactly like my old 650 did. My calendar alarms repeat three times every five mintues.

The setup is Calendar-->Menu-->Options-->Sound Preferences-->Repeat.
    The "Repeat" options are: 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, and 100.
    The "Default Alarm" options are: None, 0, 5, 10, 15, 30, and 60 minutes.

http://tinyurl.com/nodwd

You can get to the same setup from Prefs-->Sounds & Alerts-->Application=Calendar.

Regards,
    ERic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It might be connected to files used by the new voice memo? Perhaps the following helps (check post #49)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&page=3&pp=20
    ^well the new voice memo is native to 700P. Why would that affect the native calendar app? Unless you think some 3rd party app inadvertently removed these files on their treos?
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    My Sprint 700p seems to work exactly like my old 650 did. My calendar alarms repeat three times every five mintues.

The setup is Calendar-->Menu-->Options-->Sound Preferences-->Repeat.
    The "Repeat" options are: 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, and 100.
    The "Default Alarm" options are: None, 0, 5, 10, 15, 30, and 60 minutes.

http://tinyurl.com/nodwd

You can get to the same setup from Prefs-->Sounds & Alerts-->Application=Calendar.

Regards,
    ERic
    right... this is why I'm trying to figure out what every1's talking about when they say it's not there... it's right there! lol
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!