Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Forgive me if this has been covered, I found this problem mentioned elsewhere but no solution offered.

My new JX10 will answer calls but will not pick up outgoing calls on Treo 700p. Needless to say this is massively annoying.
    Has someone
    a) Found a solution?
    b) Worked for hours and found no solution?

I'd hate to have spent $100 for a half headset, even if the money did go to the nice folks at the treocentral store.

thanks in advance for any help,
    Carl
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Mine works perfectly. As does many other's. That would suggest that you either have a bad JX-10, or there is something wrong with your 700p.
    Mine works just fine too.

First: Does your screen show a bluetooth sign in the top right (next to the signal level) or a headset? (If your phone does not locate the headset because it is turned off or because it is out of range or if it is broken or dying... it will not show the headset icon)

Second: Have you tried un-pairing and re-pairing the phone & the headset? (I think it would be obvious... but I personally would have assumed the worst first.)

Lastly: Is your headset fully charged? I can't speak for the JX-10 (as I have only had it for a week), but with the other BT headset I had would get flakey as the battery got week (I could be wrong, but isn't BT digital, so if you would get 100% or 0%... but it would be odd that you would get incoming but no outgoing.)

Hope this may help.
    I dont think its your headset. It seems that with the treo 700p the bluetooth is at best hit or miss. Not sure what they messed up installing the bluetooth chip, but somethings screwie. I dont have this problem with my 6700. And out of curiousity, can anyone use their bluetooth earpiece to listen to other phone functions? On the 6700 you can hear the media player and button presses with the headset. This doesnt seem to be the case with the treo though. Is this WM5 related?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by headgeek
    Mine works just fine too.

First: Does your screen show a bluetooth sign in the top right (next to the signal level) or a headset? (If your phone does not locate the headset because it is turned off or because it is out of range or if it is broken or dying... it will not show the headset icon)

Second: Have you tried un-pairing and re-pairing the phone & the headset? (I think it would be obvious... but I personally would have assumed the worst first.)

Lastly: Is your headset fully charged? I can't speak for the JX-10 (as I have only had it for a week), but with the other BT headset I had would get flakey as the battery got week (I could be wrong, but isn't BT digital, so if you would get 100% or 0%... but it would be odd that you would get incoming but no outgoing.)

Hope this may help.
    First, yah it shows bluetooth. The phone picks up the headset, I can hear incoming calls, just not outgoing.
    I can also sync with bluetooth.
    Headset charged.
    Paired and unpaired a lot.

I am bummed.
    I would really like to know definativly if the bluetooth on my phone is bad, or the JX10 I have is bad. My JX10 worked great the first day. When I went to use it on day two everything went wrong. I repaired several times, full charged it, etc. I even had a few instances were the XJ10 AND the phone lost all sound? I am returning the JX10 to BestBuy tomorrow and will try another one if they let me. I'm very disapointed as the XJ10 fits my ear so well and it's so light.
    That is strange. My 650 does the samething. Sometimes there is no sound from both the headset and phone.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    charge your headset, and set your treo to visible... solved all my JX10 issues
    i'm having similar problems. jx10 worked fine for the first day, doing incoming and outgoing. now it seems to only pick up incoming calls. still trying to figure it out.
    okay, i repaired a couple of times and then did a soft reset of the 700p. now everything is working again. give it a try at least!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    You might want to try this per a Jabra support tech:

Connect the jx10 to the charger for 10 seconds "only" and then disconnect this will reset the device

Seems to work, but time will tell
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Saw this over at Treonaunts might work for the 700 series also:

I was having trouble getting my Treo 650 to connect with the JX10. It did everything but there was no audio from the JX10.

Jabra instructed I do the following and now it works!!

Thank you for contacting Jabra, North America.

You may need to do a complete reset and re-pair:

1.Turn the JX10 off.
    2.Connect the AC charger or USB cable to a power source.
    3.Connect the headset for 5 seconds. Disconnect.
    4.Remove the headset from the phone Bluetooth menu. If the phone does not show the headset, just go to Step 5.
    5.Turn the phone off.
    6.Remove the battery (and sim card, if removable), and hold out for 5 seconds.
    7.Re-install the battery (and sim card, if applicable) and turn the phone on, but do not touch any settings.
    8.Turn the JX10 on by pressing and holding the phone symbol button until you see a blinking blue light. Release the button.
    9.Put the headset into pairing mode by pressing down and holding the pairing button until you see a steady blue light. Release the button.
    10.Perform the pairing procedure for the phone.
    it is most likely the treo. but before you re-pair it, make sure you delete it from trusted devices...
    how do you delete it from "trusted devices" on the 700p?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    You might want to try this per a Jabra support tech:

Connect the jx10 to the charger for 10 seconds "only" and then disconnect this will reset the device

Seems to work, but time will tell
    worked for a 1hour
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nzwarner
    how do you delete it from "trusted devices" on the 700p?
    Highlight it then press the "details" button and that will give you an option to delete.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    i've noticed this with my JX10 as well! it's freakin annoying.

The worst thing is that I see the headset icon in the top right, and when I dial out on the phone, the JX10 will beep in my ear, and then it won't connect the call, the call goes through my 700p.

This happens everytime I separate the bluetooth headset from the phone, I can't get them to work together perfectly without a soft reset on my palm. Pretty annoying.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have not had this problem with my JX10.

I have had 3 different JX10 headsets though and the problem I am having is that when I put the phone on my belt (same side as headset) I get static. Not to bad in the car or outside, but in a retail store it is almost unusable. Callers can not hear me well and I have to repeat myself often. I have listened to myself on voicemail and my voice seems to go in and out. I am thinking this might be the BT in this phone because I have not saw anyone complain about this online. I don't want to replace my phone if that is not the problem because I have not had any of the problems that others have had with the 700P (slowdowns, battery drain, resets).

If anyone has tested this headset in a retail environment with the phone on their belt and does not have static please respond. This whole BT mess is really starting to get on my nerves. I starting to wish I had never upgraded. I use my phone alot for work and I need people to be able to hear me.
    Any update to this problem?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast