1.    #1  
    I have been reading on the forum the Treo 700p supports AAC ringtones. Does it still support mid? My ringtone collection is primarily in MIDI., which one could bring into the 650 sound folder through Blazer browser. Apparently, the 700p complains when one uses file:///SDcard/ringtone.mid. Did Sprint switch to a purely AAC ringtone? Confused! I have been able to download AAC ringers through some websites and have successful save them to the sound folder.
    You need to move your midi stuff from your SD card to your device.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  3.    #3  
    I was not able to successfully move the mid file to ram. Hence, the reason behind this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville310
    I was not able to successfully move the mid file to ram. Hence, the reason behind this thread.
    I was able to successfully copy midi files as ringtones by emailing them to the treo as an attachment. When you tap on the attachment, the 700p prompts you to save it as a ringtone.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville310
    I have been reading on the forum the Treo 700p supports AAC ringtones. Does it still support mid? My ringtone collection is primarily in MIDI., which one could bring into the 650 sound folder through Blazer browser. Apparently, the 700p complains when one uses file:///SDcard/ringtone.mid. Did Sprint switch to a purely AAC ringtone? Confused! I have been able to download AAC ringers through some websites and have successful save them to the sound folder.
    This does work because it is how I moved my ringtones. Make sure you have the correct pathname. For me, the path did NOT include the name of the SDCard. If I have my ringtones in a directory off the root of the SDCard, the path would be file:///Ringtones/mysong.mid

Also, if the ringtone filename contains spaces, you must replace the spaces with %20 in the Blazer address input field. My Song.mid becomes My%20Song.mid.
    Midi works just fine. The easiest way I did it to send the midi file via bluetooth. It gets put directly into the ringtone database.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I tried to email myself (chatter) a midi file, and it shows up as a ringtone but no sound from the file?