1.    #1  
    Today, the caller ID on my Treo 650 stopped letting me know who is calling. I get the message, "Caller unknown."

I haven't found any preferences on the Treo for Caller ID.

Any ideas out there?

thanks.
    Same deal with me! I'm on Cingular, you?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I have Cingular, too. Maybe something is up with them. I'll check it out tomorrow.
  4. dhl
    is this on all the incoming messages or only some? Maybe you're getting calls from people who have caller ID blocking on their end.
  5.    #5  
    Good idea but not in this case.

No, I'm very close those who phoned and they told me they haven't blocked their their numbers.

thanks
    Anyone else? Mine is still not working.
    I have cingular and no problems here.......

(except when caller has phone # blocked as mentioned above)
    If your caller is using a privacy feature, the name and number may not be displayed. Maybe your caller activated a feature to not to display his information(name and number) when he called you..
    Quote Originally Posted by delle
    If your caller is using a privacy feature, the name and number may not be displayed. Maybe your caller activated a feature to not to display his information(name and number) when he called you..
    I finally was able to contact Cingular and the Caller ID feature had been disabled by them. The CSR reactivated it and now it works again.
    Your Caller ID feature was disabled??Hmm..that's something...
  11.    #11  
    I was finally able to reach Cingular via on-line chat and they unchecked some box so caller ID will work again.

I can't believe that I was unable to phone Cingular's customer service because they are closed on Sunday. They're a PHONE company fer chris sakes!
    This happened to me last week, but just for a few calls! The next day, I was receiving calls again via caller id! But you did the right thing by calling Cingular's customer service.

But it makes you wonder "Who unchecked the "CALLER ID" box?"
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaughanusm81
    But it makes you wonder "Who unchecked the "CALLER ID" box?"
    That's a good question, who would have changed it and why is it there.
  14.    #14  
    I'm just happy my Treo is working fine again. I'm guessing there has been a programming glitch at Cingular that has affected some of us.

By the way, I came to Cingular via ATT, which may have something to do with this problem. Did anyone else with this program also migrate from ATT?