1.    #1  
    Upgraded from 650 to 700P. When opening up SnapperMail for the first time it down loaded 200 emails from the server, I deleted them (not from the server) and now when I check my new email only the new emails come up, perfect. When I opened VersaMail for the first time it also opened up my 200 emails, except when I deleted them and check for new email they (the 200) come back each time with the new email. I see that the 200 are deleted from my trash. What can I do to stop them from coming back? It's very frustrating, since SnapperMail seemed to figure it out right away.
    Go to the Preferences > Options of the mail account you want to edit,
    > incoming : then check unread messages, and again on mail from " last 1 day.
    You will be OK.
    And to delete the old messages: Press the menu button, and select delete old and the date - like yesterday. All prior messages will be deleted.
    Versamail really works if you set it up right.
  3.    #3  
    VersaMail doesn't have unread messages it has Get Only: Mail from last 1 day

When I try to delete old messages it doesn't do it from trash. They seem to keep coming back.

It also does a synch from Palm?

I'm confused. SnapperMail was so much easier. But I want to use VeraMail for the autofill feature so I'd like to sort this out.
    Aviator is right. If you don't want all your e-mails to sync every time you need to go into preferences, then autosynce, and change it to get only the mail from the last day.

Also, the 'delete message' option in Versa Mail works just like Outlook. It moves the messages you don't want to the trash. If you want to permanently remove them you'll have to then hit 'empty trash'.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Also, the 'delete message' option in Versa Mail works just like Outlook. It moves the messages you don't want to the trash. If you want to permanently remove them you'll have to then hit 'empty trash'.
    Again, go to the preferences menu and on that screen go through all the tabs. In the delete section, you can choose "auto empty" as you want.
  6.    #6  
    OK so I deleted all of the messages on my server, I checked my mail with VersaMail and I had a new message. I read it, I deleted it, it went to the trash, I emptied the trash, it was gone. I went to get new messages, it brought back the old message that I had deleted. On SnapperMail once you've read a message and deleted it from the Treo it doesn't download it again from the server. I want to keep my messages on the server so I can also read my mail on my Mac. What do I have to do on VersaMail to stop it from bringing back already read mail from the server? I have it set to get mail only from the last 1 day.
    Hi, probably I have no answer to help you, but just to understand and learnt too...
    Do you use IMAP or POP3 to connect to your server?
  8.    #8  
    Pop3
    After searching Palm and this forum I could use a little help with outgoing mail in Versamail. Incoming mail works fine..but. When trying to send an email I keep getting the message "503 #5.3.3 AUTH not available" Any suggestions?
    Easy solution: use SnapperMail (or ChatterEmail) instead of Wersamail.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by newtech
    After searching Palm and this forum I could use a little help with outgoing mail in Versamail. Incoming mail works fine..but. When trying to send an email I keep getting the message "503 #5.3.3 AUTH not available" Any suggestions?
    Versamail doesn't seem to allow sending with 3rd party email account. On one of my accounts, I just use Sprintpcs.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I had the same problem with Versamail, no out going mail. After countless phone calls to Verizon and Palm, I was finally told that it will not support Yahoo Pop3, even though I have the premium Pop forward account. Using Wireless Sync reluctantly.
    "and if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier..."
    That got it. I set up my domain as the incoming and sprintpcs as outgoing server and settings under advanced and that works. I would like to have an option to have the email show as from my domain as opposed my sprint email "on behalf of mydomain.com". Anyone figure out how to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackey Guy
    I had the same problem with Versamail, no out going mail. After countless phone calls to Verizon and Palm, I was finally told that it will not support Yahoo Pop3, even though I have the premium Pop forward account. Using Wireless Sync reluctantly.
    I am experiencing the same thing with Yahoo Mail. Your post resolved that mystery....thanks.
    In case you are still having deleted mail come back in Versamail, you can fix the problem by recreating the account.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtech View Post
    That got it. I set up my domain as the incoming and sprintpcs as outgoing server and settings under advanced and that works. I would like to have an option to have the email show as from my domain as opposed my sprint email "on behalf of mydomain.com". Anyone figure out how to do that?
    I have the same thing happen when I use sprintpcs as my outgoing server, but the problem goes away when I use smtp.comcast.net as my outgoing (authenticated with my broadband info from my home internet connection with comcast). I use email.com as my "from" domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    In case you are still having deleted mail come back in Versamail, you can fix the problem by recreating the account.
    He's exactly right. I have had to do it twice on my 700p. (Never happened with my 650.) Delete the account, soft reset, and set up the account again.