1.    #1  
    ok I think my phone is defected.
    Every time I call *2 and after 30 sec. press "hang up all"
    my phone will make 3 beeps and phone status on the top will change to "phone off" and after that it will freeze then I have to take back cover off and reset it.

anybody else having the same problem ??
    Yeah I had that problem when I was trying to activate my treo 700p the other week. I tried like 3 times to get thru, but in the end decided to call thru a landline phone and their phone number. I haven't had the need to call *2 since so I don't know if it still has a problem.
    One problem that I noticed with *2 is that when you call it your call waiting doesnt work.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas718
    ok I think my phone is defected.
    Every time I call *2 and after 30 sec. press "hang up all"
    my phone will make 3 beeps and phone status on the top will change to "phone off" and after that it will freeze then I have to take back cover off and reset it.

anybody else having the same problem ??
    This happens to me consistently, except that mine doesn't freeze up, it eventually comes back. But the phone status goes to phone off and then about 30 secs later, its as if I hit the red button(the screen goes dary) and when I hit the red button again it has found the network and is working again.

This only happens on *2. Not sure why, but aren't they capable of doing updates to PRL when you hang up from *2? Could they have a bad PRL update queued up for the 700p and that is what is causing this?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I just tried mine and after I hang up it reports phone off then comes back on as well -- weird!
    I've had this symptom. the original problem for me was my antenna shows no signal strength in areas I know are saturated. my brothers 700p shows good coverage. resets, manual on/off etc doesn't fix it for me. I can call a local nmbr or *2 and after connecting for several minutes all my queued sms msgs are downloaded at once.... I don't know how to fix this.
    My Samsung i500 always disconnected from the network, then reconnected after calling *2. I just tried it (*2) from mine, and this does seem a bit more extreme. I don't quite understand the need for the phone to completely shut off and then back on again... That's kind of annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhowell0o
    One problem that I noticed with *2 is that when you call it your call waiting doesnt work.
    It's supposed to be like that. Always has been and always will be.
    Im with the sprint network and it has done that several times .Please if you are having this problem then call the provider and let them know. This is the only way a problem will get fixed. I have reported it and it seems like alway they make you feel that you are the only one having this problem.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card