1.    #1  
    Can someone explain or point me to an explanation of how I download an email attachment (such as MS Word doc) and then view and modify? When email comes in, doc is detached. I try and "mark for download" but nothing seems to happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CtJesstr
    Can someone explain or point me to an explanation of how I download an email attachment (such as MS Word doc) and then view and modify? When email comes in, doc is detached. I try and "mark for download" but nothing seems to happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Good to know I'm not the only dummy on this board. I was wondering the same thing. You click all the appropiate boxes and wait for the doc to download an never see it.
    What e-mail software are you using? With ChatterEmail (which I use), if you set up your account to sync only periodically with the server, you need to quick-sync with the server one more time to download the attached file(s).
  4.    #4  
    I am using the standard email app that comes with the phone and using wireless sync to have all email "pushed" to me instantly. I have tried marking for download, and then doing a manual sync, but then still can't find the doc anywhere in the phone.
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Verizon email app. Presumably someone at Verizon's wireless data support group can give you the answer fairly quickly.
    I have the exact same problem with certain large documents (using Goodlink). It'll ask if I want to dowload the doc to my memory card (I installed a 2gb card from Palm), and I'll say "yes," but then when I open the document viewing app, nothing appears in the window (although it does appear that some additional memory on the card has been filled). Is there a different way to view documents on the memory card, other than via the "Document Viewer" app?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Verizon email app. Presumably someone at Verizon's wireless data support group can give you the answer fairly quickly.
    I think the Verizon 700p is using VersaMail as standard just like the Sprint 700p. If so, then they both have the same issue downloading attachments. It will only allow you to veiw the attachement from within the email. Forcing you to not be able to delete the email in order to keep docs or pics, etc.
    Palm Pilot-->Palm III-->Palm IIIc-->Palm 505-->Palm 515-->Sprint Treo 600--> soon: Sprint Treo 700P
  8.    #8  
    Just answered my own question. For those that were struggling with me, here's what worked. While in your inbox, on the left side of a message is the paperclip with the red line through it. click on the paperclip with stylus. It will bring up a menu. choose "Get Attachment(s)" You will see an arrow appear over the paperclip and then disappear, indicating the doc is ready. Then, go into the email, and click on the attachment just below the To, From, Date, Re lines at the top. Docs to Go will automatically open. Then you can read, edit save, reattach (I think), etc.

If there is an easier way to do this, please let me know. Thanks.
    It really should d/l the full email attachments and all. Is there any other email app that has this support?
    ChatterEmail does. I suspect Snappermail does too.

Unless you mean that it should download the attachments automatically without being asked? In that case, Chatter doesn't do this. Why would you want that anyway? Suppose somebody sent you a 10MB attachment. You wouldn't necessarily want to download that automatically.
    Palm Pilot-->Palm III-->Palm IIIc-->Palm 505-->Palm 515-->Sprint Treo 600--> soon: Sprint Treo 700P