1.    #1  
    When I got my Treo 700p from palm.com I did search for more nfo if I will have to change my free vision to power vision. Most posts said that by doing simple ESN swap I will be able to do that. I fallowed what they said and I called CSR and I asked for ESN swap - I got that without any porblems from CSR. During that time I've been using my treo and evdo just fine. Few days ago my new bill came in and I end up having $115 additional charges (I only had my treo for 6 days in the whole billing cycle ) I called CSR and they told me that I sill have my vision but I have been using evdo and that's whre 0.02/kb steps in. She was nice enought to credit my account. Also she gave my $5 power vison, free sms, 20% loyalty disc., she took off $10 charge on my 3rd line and she gave me $225 credit for my future bills. I was for 2 hrs with her on the phone but I think it was woth it. So I just want to give uo guys heads up that they might charge you for using 700p on old vision (maybe there are some lucky ppl they they wont but I did)

here's a pict of my additional charges on my last bill.

http://mysite.verizon.net/nyc718/sprintweb.jpg
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Oh man! I hope this doenst happen to me. I'm in the same boat, I did an esn swap to keep my unlimited vision. Others have said this is supposed to work. I've been checking my bill online everyday to check my current usage so far I havent seen any charges, but my new billing cycle is not ready yet.
    Were you checking your bill online before you got it in the mail?
    I'm a new customer and on my account it shows I have Vision (does not specifically say Power Vision). I'm getting about 300 k/bit DL speeds with is EVDO. What does your account show under your plan. Also, is there a way I know that I'm being charged for additional services such as Sprint TV. I'm little worried since I'm been exploring everything on my new 700p and haven't seen my 1st bill yet.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Oh man! I hope this doenst happen to me. I'm in the same boat, I did an esn swap to keep my unlimited vision. Others have said this is supposed to work. I've been checking my bill online everyday to check my current usage so far I havent seen any charges, but my new billing cycle is not ready yet.
    Were you checking your bill online before you got it in the mail?
    yes I did and there were no additional charges until my billing cycle ended
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching for this - easy enough to rectify like you just did. FWIW, I have A900s (yes, I'm in an EVDO area) on two other lines the past 3 months and never got PV charges. Go figure...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I did the same just a plain old ESN swap.

The other day i notticed on my bill i was getting "casual SMS" charges. So i called up Retentions. They told me when i did the ESN swap my grandfathered text messages were lost.

The weird thing is my internet never changed and i am not getting charged for it and i have the old grandfathered vision plan. The rep said that the internet has not changed and i am not getting charged for that.

So she game me Unlimited text messages for $8 with an 20% discount to offset the new charges per month. She also made a note on my account that i should NOT get charged for picture mail or internet in the future.

I find it weird though how the only thing that changed was my text messages and not my internet.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by spridell
    I did the same just a plain old ESN swap.

The other day i notticed on my bill i was getting "casual SMS" charges. So i called up Retentions. They told me when i did the ESN swap my grandfathered text messages were lost.

The weird thing is my internet never changed and i am not getting charged for it and i have the old grandfathered vision plan. The rep said that the internet has not changed and i am not getting charged for that.

So she game me Unlimited text messages for $8 with an 20% discount to offset the new charges per month. She also made a note on my account that i should NOT get charged for picture mail or internet in the future.

I find it weird though how the only thing that changed was my text messages and not my internet.

I got sms for free after I called them and asked to fixed my bill. I told them that I had sms for free before and I don't feel like I should pay for them now