Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Will any of these work on the 700p? Do we even have a graffiti prog anymore? I have read on the board conflicting reports about Jot (no longer supported by CIC) on the 650, and a lead to Notepad which seems to have worked. Can anyone confirm before I mess things up?
    Have you tried "Graffiti Anywhere"?
    Jot is not supported by CIC anymore but I've tried it on the Treo 700p and it works. I don't necessarily like it because it inputs spaces when I try to highlight a word or sentence. If you have the keyboard already, why do you want to graffiti?
    I downloaded a trial of MobileWrite last night and have been playing with it since. I love it so far. No glitches.

wil
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    As I recall, Mobile Write couldn't trigger punctuation mode from the Treo 650 using Graffiti 1. Does that work correctly on the Treo 700P?

I'm using Jot and haven't run into any problems yet. But I know I used to have a problem with it on my Treo 650. If I remember correctly, it used to double up (ddoouubbllee uupp) the characters in Blazer and in Contacts. Not happening now, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Will any of these work on the 700p? Do we even have a graffiti prog anymore? I have read on the board conflicting reports about Jot (no longer supported by CIC) on the 650, and a lead to Notepad which seems to have worked. Can anyone confirm before I mess things up?
    I am impressed by you old school guys. Would have never gone palm pilot if I had to learn graffiti.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I am impressed by you old school guys. Would have never gone palm pilot if I had to learn graffiti.
    I enter in information everyday that would require a lot of punctuation shifts. With Jot, if I draw a +, -, (, ), [TAB], $, whatever, it's all done in one stroke:

15M CLE+3.5 -105(1K) W +$1000
    15M LAD-115 W +$2500
    16T SD-155 L -$3875
    17W MIN-140 L -$3375
    17W SD+115 W +$2875
    17W TOR+120 W +$3000
    19F CLE-200 W +$2500
    19F SD-110(2K) L -$2200
    20S BOS-115 W +$2500
    21U ATL-155 W +$2500
    21U TX-115 L -$2875
    21U EDM+150 W +$3750
    ----------------------------------
    TOTOAL +$8300

(Looks a lot neater on the Treo with everything Tabbed into straight lines.)
  8.    #8  
    I agree that Graffiti is still extremely useful in specific situations. I am really surprised that Palm isn't backing it fully (should be included in ROM). Thanks for the input, I will try Jot first and then the others if I am not successful.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agn727
    As I recall, Mobile Write couldn't trigger punctuation mode from the Treo 650 using Graffiti 1. Does that work correctly on the Treo 700P?

I'm using Jot and haven't run into any problems yet. But I know I used to have a problem with it on my Treo 650. If I remember correctly, it used to double up (ddoouubbllee uupp) the characters in Blazer and in Contacts. Not happening now, however.
    Hate to quote myself, by I meant to say that Graffiti Anywhere, not MobileWrite, had a problem with punctuation on the T650 using Graffiti 1.

Can't remember what I had against MobileWrite on the T650, so I guess I'll have to try it again on the 700P. Even though, Jot is really doing the trick for me so far...
    I enter in information everyday that would require a lot of punctuation shifts. With Jot, if I draw a +, -, (, ), [TAB], $, whatever, it's all done in one stroke:

15M CLE+3.5 -105(1K) W +$1000
    15M LAD-115 W +$2500
    16T SD-155 L -$3875
    17W MIN-140 L -$3375
    17W SD+115 W +$2875
    17W TOR+120 W +$3000
    19F CLE-200 W +$2500
    19F SD-110(2K) L -$2200
    20S BOS-115 W +$2500
    21U ATL-155 W +$2500
    21U TX-115 L -$2875
    21U EDM+150 W +$3750
    ----------------------------------
    TOTOAL +$8300

(Looks a lot neater on the Treo with everything Tabbed into straight lines.)
    I was never able to get Jot to work well on my Treo 650. Has things changed.
  11.    #11  
    Hate to quote myself, by I meant to say that Graffiti Anywhere, not MobileWrite, had a problem with punctuation on the T650 using Graffiti 1.

Can't remember what I had against MobileWrite on the T650, so I guess I'll have to try it again on the 700P. Even though, Jot is really doing the trick for me so far...
    agn727, Did you just copy jot.prc into your 700p? Were there any other files that went with it? I have Jot 2.01 (the latest seems to have been 2.1), I don't suppose that this can be updated at this point.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I'm using Jot 2.04. I just double-clicket on Jot.prc to install it. Now I'll have to look around to see if I have a newer version. I know I used to have some problems on my T650, but I haven't run into ANY problems yet on my 700P. However, I haven't done much surfing yet on Blazer with it. Just Memos and SMS so far.

*Okay, I just tried making a new Word document in Documents to Go and it wasn't allowing any Graffiti input from Jot at all. Anyone want to check if Docs to Go allows Graffiti input from another Graffiti program? It really seemed that the screen wasn't 'listening' for any input, so I doubt other programs would work either.*
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for your input. I think Notepad is supposed to work although I have not seen it at all and someone above mentioned Graffiti Anywhere as another alternative. Just getting Jot to work on the built in basic apps would help me a lot so I'm glad to hear it works without crashing the Treo. The 2.1 update as far as I could see added some conversions and peripheral dodads but no basic changes to the input function per se. I could be wrong about this though. CIC should offer this up as freeware since they basically abandoned their registered users.

Update: I believe there is another thread that mentions one more graffiti like program on TreoCentral but I cannot recall the name. Please post here if you find something that works and I will do the same. I will be working on my Treo over the weekend and hopefully will find something that works.
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/15/2006 at 08:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Search for NotePad under the PalmOS Applications forum. I just had to do this last week... you'll find a forum with links to the NotePad.prc files. They can be loaded to the card, or directly to the device if received on the Treo via email.

Or send me your email address and I will forward them.

MM
  15.    #15  
    Thanks Murph!
    I uploaded notepad from the T5 and posted them here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=notepad
    Jimmie Geddes
  17.    #17  
    Great!
  18.    #18  
    I am getting the following error when trying to install the two Notepad files to the 700p. Notepad will not install:

------------------------------------------------------------------
    HotSync operation started for informationeagle on 06/18/06 11:10:47

- Install failed: C:\Program Files\Handspring\inform\Install\Note Pad.prc
    Install synchronization failed

Protocol Error: Read-only. (4009)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at the attributes of the two files on the PC and they are not marked read only, only ARCHIVE is ticked. How to get around this?

Thanks
  19.    #19  
    I'm using Jot 2.04... <snip>

*Okay, I just tried making a new Word document in Documents to Go and it wasn't allowing any Graffiti input from Jot at all. Anyone want to check if Docs to Go allows Graffiti input from another Graffiti program? It really seemed that the screen wasn't 'listening' for any input, so I doubt other programs would work either.*
    Ok, I have Jot working well on the 700p in DateBk5, Natara Notes, and Planetarium which is about all I have installed so far. It also seems to be working well in the built in apps including Blazer . Docs to Go may be a special case? As I recall Jot would not work in rare cases in the past, Wordsmith comes to mind but I don't really remember. At any rate I a pretty happy camper right now. Maybe Notepad will work everywhere. I am not a big Documents to Go user so maybe Jot will do it in my case. I would appreciate any ideas on how to circumvent the problem with Notepad failing to install mentioned in my post above though.
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/18/2006 at 02:00 PM.
  20.    #20  
    agn727,
    I found this:
    "To use Jot with Documents to Go, enable Active Text Fields in Documents to Go's Preferences." Hope it helps.

It's at the end of this document:
    http://www.cic.com/support/guides/in...sersGuide.html
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/18/2006 at 05:30 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast