1.    #1  
    No its not another vain thread.
    I, for one, am having problems maintaining a BT connection between the GPS reciever and 700p with palm shutting down. ( 700p with the Itrek M3 BT GPS and Tomtom which worked like a champ on the 650)
    Many have no problems.
    Would like to know which GPS receivers work with the 700p and TomTom.
    I think the globalsat 338 has no problems with the 700p in holding the BT connection. Is this correct? On palm's compatibility list they only have their own.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Aviator; 06/10/2006 at 07:31 AM.
    There IS problems with tomtom and 700p. Yes the phone shuts off after a while. It has other minor glitches as well. Proven on 2 different 700p's one with 338 and other with tomtom gps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Groomer, I have researched this here on TC. Appears that some are buying the i blue GPS. Wonder how they do.
    Anyone have palm BT GPS and see if it shuts off also?
    I don't believe it's the receivers that are creating problems. The receiver's a simple hardware device with essentially two radios. It shouldn't cause any of the previously mentioned issues, i.e. phone shutting off.
    Totally agree with SKY.....its the new palm os that is causing the problems. I hope that TOMTOM comes out with an updated version soon that will support the 700p. Again.....it DOES work...just not correctly