1.    #1  
    Seidio battery cover with reset hole is available for 700P (verizon).

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=263

Also availbale is the convenience kit for 700P (verizon)

1) Battery cover for reset hole
    2) premium skin case with reset hole
    3) Holster for skinned 700P

SEidio
    Yeah, ordered 7 days ago, credit card was charged, but have no shipment still. Even an email regarding this had no reply. Had ordered the cover with skin combo and an extended battery.
    This looks like it's going to be a required item. Just checking but, does this fit the Sprint 700p as well (the link refers to the 700w). They all have the same body right?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Yeah, ordered 7 days ago, credit card was charged, but have no shipment still. Even an email regarding this had no reply. Had ordered the cover with skin combo and an extended battery.
    The Battery cover we are shipping now is for 700P from Verizon. The battery cover for 700P from sprint will be available next week. The color of 700P battery cover from verizon is different from the one from Sprint. Sprint one is Dark blue and Verizon one is Dark gray(brown).

Seidio does not charge the credit card until the order is shipped.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I see. Thanks seido!
    I had Seidio's battery cover with reset hole for my 650, and although I find it very convenient to have, I find the paint on the cover to be somewhat cheap. After using it for two months, I had lots of noticeable scratches on it already, which made the back of my 650 kinda ugly. Before I bought the cover, I was using the original cover for almost a year, and there were hardly any noticeable scratches. I kinda wish the paint on Seidio's cover was as good as the original.

One thing to note, I used my 650 naked, so if I were to use a case, I'm sure the scratches wouldn't be as bad.
  7.    #7  
    WE have improved the paintig job quite a lot. You will see a big difference with the current version including the one for Treo 650 and Treo 700 W and P. It will work like original cover that comes with Treo, except it has a reset hole.

David Chnag
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    This looks like it's going to be a required item. Just checking but, does this fit the Sprint 700p as well (the link refers to the 700w). They all have the same body right?
    The 700w and the 700p share exactly the same casework, so the battery covers, with or without the hole, are interchangeable. The color might not match, depending on carrier, however, but that's a "who cares" to me, since both my phones are always in cases anyway (except to take them out of the case to punch the friggin' reset hole..) ..

It's not like driving around with a blue door on a yellow car.

Harv
    "Your Treo's battery door color doesn't match its body color? Eww. Icky! That's it, the wedding's off!"
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    The 700w and the 700p share exactly the same casework, so the battery covers, with or without the hole, are interchangeable. The color might not match, depending on carrier, however, but that's a "who cares" to me, since both my phones are always in cases anyway (except to take them out of the case to punch the friggin' reset hole..) ..

It's not like driving around with a blue door on a yellow car.

Harv
    "Your Treo's battery door color doesn't match its body color? Eww. Icky! That's it, the wedding's off!"
    Harv,

You are very easy to please. Seidio is producing two battery covers

- Sprint 700P - Blue color
    - Verizon 700P - same as 700W

They are all ready. Make your selection. I am sure some users woule like to match their battery door with their 700P.

David Chang
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Harv,

They are all ready. Make your selection. I am sure some users woule like to match their battery door with their 700P.

David Chang
    Hi

David, I'm not a "Martha Stewart Living it has to be color-coordinated" kinda guy. Sometimes I even wear a dark brown sock and a black sock. My darkish 650 has your lightish battery door with a hole on it. I haven't been kicked out of any high society soirees yet because they don't match. LIke I said, I keep my phones in cases. How often do I look at the battery door? Almost never. The functionality of having the reset hole in the door is more important to me than whether or not the colors match. Why couldn't Palm just drill a hole in the battery door cover themselves and supply it that way? It was just plain stupid with a capital STU not to. Drill one yourself and then try to get warranty replacement on your phone. "Sorry, you modified the phone. Your warranty is void." "But all I did is dril a hole in a plastic door!" "Sorry, your warranty is void, you abused the product." "But.. but.." {click}..

To someone else, it might be more important. To me, it's more important that a product offers value for the money and does what it's supposed to do than what color it is, although I know for some people, it IS important.

I have your G4850 in my car. It doesn't match the color of the leather seats or the dash or the paint. Doesn't bother me a bit. What bothers me more is that thanks to Palm dicking around with the audio out port, the speaker phone function won't work with the 700p. Do you know why they did that?

It's more important to me that it works.

I have your INNOdock cradle sitting next to my laptop. My 650 lives in it always, when I'm not carrying the phone around. I've recommended that cradle to everyone who has ever asked. I think every one of TC's writers has one. The white one is pretty and it's five bucks less than the other two, but white gets dirty faster. It's a brilliant piece of design, but I just want the thing to work, not have to clean it off all the time.

So yeah, in some ways I'm easy to please. In other ways, not. In the case of the battery door, it could be paisley for all I care.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Harv,

David Chang
    The Sprint 700P reset hole battery cover is available and ready to ship? Wow that was fast. Yesterday you said they'd be available sometime in the next week or two.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    The Sprint 700P reset hole battery cover is available and ready to ship? Wow that was fast. Yesterday you said they'd be available sometime in the next week or two.
    WE will start shipping the sprint battery cover (Blue) either Tuesday or wednesday this week. We will start shipping Verizon battery cover tomorrow (Monday). WE have been shipping the innodock for 700P since last week.

David
    WE have improved the paintig job quite a lot. You will see a big difference with the current version including the one for Treo 650 and Treo 700 W and P. It will work like original cover that comes with Treo, except it has a reset hole.

David Chnag
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Great to hear! I'll definitely order one then when the Sprint version is available. Thanks!
    David, I just went to order, but why is the convenience kit for Sprint 700p $5 more than the convenience kit for the Verizon 700p? Also...when I go to order, why is it free shipping for the Verizon version but I must pay for priority mail shippping for the Sprint version? Shouldn't they both be the same? I would like to order but this seems unfair. It's going to be about $15 more if I want the blue battery cover instead of the gray??
    Last edited by Lucyeth; 06/13/2006 at 04:44 PM.