Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    it's now on the SERO site. No more workarounds needed!
    !@#$
    I was waiting for my Cingular contract to end on 7/7/06 before getting my 700p and switching to Sprint. However given that the SERO program (at least in its present form) is scheduled to end 6/30/06 I'm starting to think that I may call Cingular up tomorrow to see what sort of early termination fee I would be looking at if I was to cancel this week given there are only weeks left on my contract. Even if I had to pay a $200 termination fee (which I shouldn't) the amount I would save over two years with a SERO plan would more than cover that.

I just have a couple of questions for others who've gone SERO here. Ordering off of the SERO website I don't see an option for Total Equipment Coverage... is this something I can have Sprint add on after the sale? Also, I guess I can't get over the too good to be true factor with SERO, but the phones are definitely new right? This isn't just an outlet for them to get rid of returned/refurbed phones?

Basically if the Term fee on Cingular's side isn't too bad I may just initiate the process tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari
    I was waiting for my Cingular contract to end on 7/7/06 before getting my 700p and switching to Sprint. However given that the SERO program (at least in its present form) is scheduled to end 6/30/06 I'm starting to think that I may call Cingular up tomorrow to see what sort of early termination fee I would be looking at if I was to cancel this week given there are only weeks left on my contract. Even if I had to pay a $200 termination fee (which I shouldn't) the amount I would save over two years with a SERO plan would more than cover that.

I just have a couple of questions for others who've gone SERO here. Ordering off of the SERO website I don't see an option for Total Equipment Coverage... is this something I can have Sprint add on after the sale? Also, I guess I can't get over the too good to be true factor with SERO, but the phones are definitely new right? This isn't just an outlet for them to get rid of returned/refurbed phones?

Basically if the Term fee on Cingular's side isn't too bad I may just initiate the process tomorrow.
    Cingular charges $175...do not get an ETF over 1 month. Get the SERO plan with a new number now and then transfer your number after your contract ends on 7/7/06. Transferring your number will automatically cancel your CIngular service.

As for the TEC, you can call up Sprint and add it on. You must do it in either 14 or 30 days.

The 700p is new and would not be refurbed since it was just released.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/10/2006 at 08:23 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Cingular charges $175...do not get an ETF over 1 month. Get the SERO plan with a new number now and then transfer your number after your contract ends on 7/7/06. Transferring your number will automatically cancel your CIngular service.
    Just to clarify, I switched from Cingular about 10 days ago after working hard on the phone people to get the SERO plan. They will give you a temporary number until you port yours over, so that way you can sign up for SERO, get the phone, and even activate it and make calls (you will just have 2 phone numbers, your temp number from sprint and you existing cingular number) and then once 7/7 hits, you port over the number from Cingular and your temp number goes away. Same bill, same plan, etc.
    yeah, so in the mean time...I would take off some of the add on services you h ave with cingular that cost you extra. Just make sure you don't change anything that would extend your contract...

This is what I'd do just to save some extra money for the last month.
    Interesting... I didn't know you could do a number transfer to a new phone after service has already be initiated with a different number.

Can I do this online (order the phone on the SERO site with a new number) and then call Sprint about transfering the number after 7/7. Or is it the type of deal that I would have to work with Sprint over the phone in the first place given the special circumstances.

Also, I'm about to look into the ETF with Cingular (actually my plan is an old ATT Wireless one) now. I read somewhere that if your plan is from before Feb 05 or something they would prorate the ETF over the term of your contract. In other words if this is true, I'm guessing I would only owe $10 plus maybe my last months bill. Anyway, I'm about to look into this with them now to see if it is the case.
    Ok.... just got off the phone with them.... looks like they've migrated all of their plans to the $175 term fee.... I am looking at saving about $600 going with a Sero plan vs a non SERO plan over the course of 2yrs with Sprint... but $175 is still a pretty hefty amount over just 3 weeks of remaining contract time.

So I guess the only option now with SERO would be this temp number thing. My only hesitation is that I hate doing stuff like this where I initiate a plan with certain benefits/characteristics based on verbal assurances of a rep that I can do the number transfer with out any side effects or complications and then have to hope that a month from now when I want to do actually want to do this, the person I'm dealing actually honors that deal.

Also, what if I get a defective Treo right off the bat? How difficult is is to do an exchange? Would I have to go through imPhonics? Do they generally make life miserable before doing exchanges? This is one of those areas where the convenience of just being able to go to my local store 5min away and swap one out would be nice.
    FYI, it's $399.99, which isn't a bad price at all.
    You don't have to worry about not being able to port your number. Just make sure you do not cancel your Cingular account. I'm going to do the same as I'd like to test the sprint service before I port over
    I tried ordering the 700p via the SERO website but noticed it didn't include the Free Powervision checkbox like the other Powervison phones do. It just had the Free web, data etc. like the 650. I'm trying to call in the order now and make sure they include powervision but it seems there's nobody to pickup the phone at this place.
    ya let us know about pv
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Dammit man! I just signed up for sero yesturday with the plan of buying a 700p at regular price cause sero ends soon and i wanted to lock in that deal. I wasn't expecting the 700 to pop up cause it's almost over. I got the samsung a900 which will be getting exchanged next week when i get my next pay check.
    Can someone provide a link for the SERO site? I'm about in the same boat as ajabbari - cept my Cingular ends 6/14/06. Was thinking of going the Sprintnetwork route on eBay ($100 for the 700p .... ????) .... but ....... soooooooo many decisions!
    Finally got through and ordered it. They said yes it comes with Powervision but don't know if I trust them. they also said I had to port my Verizon number at that time and couldn't do it later which is BS.

If it comes without it I'll just call Sprint and threaten to return within the 14 days if they don't upgrade it.
    Quote Originally Posted by traderhenry
    You don't have to worry about not being able to port your number. Just make sure you do not cancel your Cingular account. I'm going to do the same as I'd like to test the sprint service before I port over
    How does this work though? My impression was that when you sign a contract with a wireless provider your are signing for that number. If I was to order this thing today for example, I would not be within 14 day on 7/7 when I go to swap my number from Cingular. Sprint can just port a number into an existing contract at any time? Would the contract then be considered 2yrs from 7/8 or would it still be my original contract start date?

Also, back to my other question. Would I be able to just do this online and port the number over later, or do I have to give them a heads up about the planned number change (order by phone)? Obviously I'm thinking it would be much easier to do online than trying to negotiate a SERO deal over the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsondogg
    Finally got through and ordered it. They said yes it comes with Powervision but don't know if I trust them. they also said I had to port my Verizon number at that time and couldn't do it later which is BS.

If it comes without it I'll just call Sprint and threaten to return within the 14 days if they don't upgrade it.
    OK, just checked my order receipt on whereismyorder.com and Powervision is not on it. On the receipt for the A900 my gf got it was on there so I'll be calling Sprint when I get my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsondogg
    OK, just checked my order receipt on whereismyorder.com and Powervision is not on it. On the receipt for the A900 my gf got it was on there so I'll be calling Sprint when I get my phone.
    I have a 700P on SERO, and powervision is included, but Sprint TV is extra.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    I have a 700P on SERO, and powervision is included, but Sprint TV is extra.
    How much do you pay?
    I called Sprint this morning using the SERO number above, and got changed over to the SERO plan. I bought my 700p through a "regular" fair and flexible plan about 10 days ago, so I am still in the tryout period. I politely explained to the rep that I knew I could return my current handset and order a new one through the SERO website, but that would not only be inconvenient for me, but also cost sprint more money - so I asked if there was any way I could just keep my Treo and simply change plans to SERO. It took about 20 minutes for the whole process, but she was very helpful and signed me up for SERO - and never asked me for a name or email address - Oh, and she specifically mentioned that the plan comes with "free vision or power vision," just to put that point to rest.

Javier
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast