Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 319
  1. treodub's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #161  
    It was so much easier going through Sprint CSR. No if's, and's or but's about it. 700P phone w/ Sero plan in 8-10 minutes. They even took an additional $60 off the phone purchase and waived the first month's bill for my "troubles".
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by brainodo
    Thanks gijohn!

    I called got the $30 sero plan no problem, they have the 700p in stock. I may have called too late to get it shipped today but they ship overnight ups.

    I went to cancel my order at the inphonic site and I could not find an online way to cancel my online order so I called. They said that they are working to replinish their stock, but had no indication of how long it would be, so they said it would probably be 7 to 10 business days.

    Hopefully I will get mine tomorrow
    Unbelievable huh? I left a message for inphonics. Pleasant - but made sure I let them know I was a very dissatisfied customer with the episode.

    Oh .. when I called them to cancel my order they asked TWICE if I was sure I didn't want to substitute a phone so I could expedite my order ... and they asked me twice if I wanted to cancel my order.
  3. #163  
    A LEETLE off topic ..... but does anyone know the policy (or is it possible) to get your cell number changed? (Sprint)
  4. Pft
    Pft is offline
    Pft's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    #164  
    When you folks are talking to a CSR about getting Sero do they ask for a Sprint employees email address? or are you simply saying you ordered online and ran into shipment delays?
  5. #165  
    I called CS (Sales) first .... when I started mentioning I wanted the Employee Referral Option rate plan, I think I got a blank stare, I don't know on the other side of the phone. I was referred to another number (888-431-3698). I simply let them know I was interested in a new Treo 700p (DO YOU HAVE ANY IN STOCK?) <"yes"> Could I get the Employee Referral Option rate plan. Long story short .... I was told, "sure I can do that for you". Was not asked for an employee's email address. Never mentioned I had an existing order. Immediately called the sprintseroinphonics (WHATEVER) number to cancel my first order (from last Tuesday).
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pft
    When you folks are talking to a CSR about getting Sero do they ask for a Sprint employees email address? or are you simply saying you ordered online and ran into shipment delays?
    I called and asked if they had 700p in stock, and they said that they did. I said that they were on back order in the sero site and asked if they could they give me the sero deal, they did not hesitate to say yes, did not ask for a sprint email address and no charge for overnight ups shipping. I asked about text messaging and could not get that for free, had to pay $5 for 100, I dont quite get it, powervision for free but $5 for text??????
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Ok .... here's what I did.
    Called 1-888-431-3698 (select option 2)
    Told the rep I was potentially a brand new user to Sprint if:
    1) I could purchase a Treo 700p and have it shipped today, and
    2) I could get the Sprint Employee Referral Option plan for my rate plan

    He said ... shouldn't be a problem, let me check on a few things.
    Came back and said no problem. Took down all my info for a credit check, went over the rate plan (1250 minutes/$50/mo, includes Power Vision, blah blah blah) said the phone will ship out today, will have it tomorrow. No activation fee. Gave me my new phone number.

    Went out to whereismyorder.com and cancelled my order for the backordered Treo 700p.

    so there .... p <grin>

    glad it worked out for you!
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    I got mine through retentions, ordered Wednesday and it was at the house on Friday. I wasn't able to get them to give me SERO, but they got really close. Might be an option for those of you who want the 700p sooner rather than later.

    Also, to the poster who asked about data while roaming, as of now, you cannot get data while roaming with sprint. I think you can on Altell beginning July 1st but not sure if that includes EVDO.

    At work, both sprint and verizon evdo are available depending on which part of the building I'm in. I have not connected onto evdo while I'm on the roaming network, but does SERO cover data roaming while on (Verizon) network?
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    A LEETLE off topic ..... but does anyone know the policy (or is it possible) to get your cell number changed? (Sprint)
    If you need it changed because you are "receiving harrassing phonecalls", they will change it no charge. At least that was the experience of a close associate severing ties with an ex.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  10. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    A LEETLE off topic ..... but does anyone know the policy (or is it possible) to get your cell number changed? (Sprint)
    Check out this thread over at SprintUsers.

    ERic
  11. #171  
    Treo 700p that I ordered YESTERDAY, just hit the door.
  12. #172  
    gijohn, did you have to sign for it?
  13. #173  
    well ..... I own a business .... 1st name basis with the UPS driver I've had for almost 15 years ... but there's nothing on the box that says signature required.

    The bad thing is .... I'm busy as hell and have no time to play with it!!!! lololol
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Ok .... here's what I did.
    Called 1-888-431-3698 (select option 2)
    Told the rep I was potentially a brand new user to Sprint if:
    1) I could purchase a Treo 700p and have it shipped today, and
    2) I could get the Sprint Employee Referral Option plan for my rate plan

    He said ... shouldn't be a problem, let me check on a few things.
    Came back and said no problem. Took down all my info for a credit check, went over the rate plan (1250 minutes/$50/mo, includes Power Vision, blah blah blah) said the phone will ship out today, will have it tomorrow. No activation fee. Gave me my new phone number.

    Went out to whereismyorder.com and cancelled my order for the backordered Treo 700p.

    so there .... p <grin>
    This worked great for me, they said they could overnight the 700p to me. My contract with Verizon isn't up until August so they said I would be given a temporary phone number until then, when I can have the other number ported over.
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    well ..... I own a business .... 1st name basis with the UPS driver I've had for almost 15 years ... but there's nothing on the box that says signature required.

    The bad thing is .... I'm busy as hell and have no time to play with it!!!! lololol
    Oh c'mon! You have to post 1 message from your Treo!
  16. #176  
    Ummm ... took me a few minutes to turn it on. Duh ... didn't put the battery in. Yes - it's going to be a long night.

    But I did save money by switching to Geico. lolol
  17. #177  
    my deal just got infinitely better, maybe...

    They have yet to charge me for my 700p. It was delivered on Friday. The credits and my credit card payment show on my account online but not the charge for the phone. Crossing my fingers...
  18. #178  
    just chatted with customer service online...I was btching at him that i should get free overnight because the phone is not in stock and he agreed...then he comes back and says good news the phone is now in stock. i wonder if he's lying or they finally got it?!?! And when I checked the website right when he said it and the 72 hour notice is no longer there...hmm...

    gijohn: you're quote "No worries mate. The "big" shipment of this popular phone will prolly arrive the day you order ..... and you'll get your phone the same day everyone else that's waiting gets theirs!!! lol"

    may come to fruition!! haha!
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    my deal just got infinitely better, maybe...

    They have yet to charge me for my 700p. It was delivered on Friday. The credits and my credit card payment show on my account online but not the charge for the phone. Crossing my fingers...
    Uncross the fingers. Surprising how it will all work out in the end.
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkimcpa
    just chatted with customer service online...I was btching at him that i should get free overnight because the phone is not in stock and he agreed...then he comes back and says good news the phone is now in stock. i wonder if he's lying or they finally got it?!?!

    gijohn: you're quote "No worries mate. The "big" shipment of this popular phone will prolly arrive the day you order ..... and you'll get your phone the same day everyone else that's waiting gets theirs!!! lol"

    may come to fruition!! haha!
    TREO TREO TREO TREO TREO


    So far I've figured out how to turn it on a make a phone call. Better reception than I figured I'd get. In my pocket right now on call forwarding from my business line.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions