Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

No worries mate. The "big" shipment of this popular phone will prolly arrive the day you order ..... and you'll get your phone the same day everyone else that's waiting gets theirs!!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn

No worries mate. The "big" shipment of this popular phone will prolly arrive the day you order ..... and you'll get your phone the same day everyone else that's waiting gets theirs!!! lol
    haha liez!!! no really, are you speculating or have reliable info?

man we just can't seem to stay away from this forum, even at home!
    Well I'm writing this from my treo and so far this thing has been working very well as a phone and a data device. Being able to check mail (and treocentral) while on the road, in the middle of nowhere, is indeed a neat experience.

Hope that those of you waiting for Treos don't have to wait much longer.
    I was able to easily change my original FF200 plan w/ pv to SERO 500 plan for $30. I originally purchased T700P on palm.com w/ special discount and free 1gb sd card. The trick is to talk to CS within the 14 day trial period. Since I also get add'l corporate discount, my monthly bill should come to 22-23 before taxes/fees. I also got credit for the initial activation fee. I think it was a good deal. only drawback is free night calls start @ 9pm vs 7pm and I didn't feel like paying 5 for it.
    for those of you who are only getting vision data acess, a simple call will chage it to pv option. also free video and pic mail are not added to SERO automatically so you have to request it.

anyone know if data use while roaming is included in SERO plan?
    I know voice roaming is included.
    what sprint tv ch are you getting with SERO? The only 2 channels I found to be useful when I had the pv access are abc now & sirius, but after changing the plan, only sirius is on the free list. any inputs?
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkimcpa

PURELY speculation. From what I've seen from this "outfit" so far - betcha I'm right.

LOVE my laptop <grin>
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari
    Well I'm writing this from my treo and so far this thing has been working very well as a phone and a data device. Being able to check mail (and treocentral) while on the road, in the middle of nowhere, is indeed a neat experience.

Hope that those of you waiting for Treos don't have to wait much longer.

What a country huh? On the road have you maintained a decent connection speed wise???

I figger there's a bunch of us who will get this gadget sometime this week (maybe) ... THEN watch the new topics and questions explode. "I've searched the forum and I can't seem to find how you ............... (insert stupid question here) ........" lololol

Crackcentral...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by oski
    for those of you who are only getting vision data acess, a simple call will chage it to pv option. also free video and pic mail are not added to SERO automatically so you have to request it.
    oski ...... I went thru the SERO site for purchase and the plan (brand new Sprint user, activation) ... are you saying I should call CS within the first 2 weeks and ask them to make sure I have Power Vision (plan says "Sprint Vision or Power Vision Included Free") ..... AND
    If I simply ask that free video and pic mail be included in my plan they will do that?

btw ... got the 1250 minute deal $50
    yes through sprint CS. if they give you a hard time, direct them to the sero website or go through retention.
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    The SERO site says Sprint Vision "OR" Power Vision Included Free. Is the word OR kind of key here. Doesn't specifically say Power Vision. It's not an either or is it? I thot your connection speed was dependent on if it was offered in your area. Nothing to do with the plan or phone. Missing something I'm sure.

What about the free video and pic mail? The SERO site says nothing about this. I should have no problem getting it if I ask for it?
    Question: I'm getting tired of waiting for the 700p's to get in stock thru the SERO "site" (or whatever it is) .... can I go to a Sprint store and buy a 700p, get a standard FF plan and then call CS and get switched over to the SERO plan that I originally signed up for last Tuesday? (1250 minutes - $50/mo.) - If I do it within 14 days of activation?
    I got mine through retentions, ordered Wednesday and it was at the house on Friday. I wasn't able to get them to give me SERO, but they got really close. Might be an option for those of you who want the 700p sooner rather than later.

Also, to the poster who asked about data while roaming, as of now, you cannot get data while roaming with sprint. I think you can on Altell beginning July 1st but not sure if that includes EVDO.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    What plan did you get through retention?
    Question: I'm getting tired of waiting for the 700p's to get in stock thru the SERO "site" (or whatever it is) .... can I go to a Sprint store and buy a 700p, get a standard FF plan and then call CS and get switched over to the SERO plan that I originally signed up for last Tuesday? (1250 minutes - $50/mo.) - If I do it within 14 days of activation?
    I called the SERO people and asked that question...they said no.
    I called the SERO people and asked that question...they said no.
    The SERO people said no ...... what about a CS person at Sprint? I know, I know ..... under the same umbrella - but something sticks in the back of my head that I read a message somewhere (here?) that a CS person could do it. Dunno.
    The SERO people said no ...... what about a CS person at Sprint? I know, I know ..... under the same umbrella - but something sticks in the back of my head that I read a message somewhere (here?) that a CS person could do it. Dunno.
    You can try and tell us if it works :P
    Ok .... here's what I did.
    Called 1-888-431-3698 (select option 2)
    Told the rep I was potentially a brand new user to Sprint if:
    1) I could purchase a Treo 700p and have it shipped today, and
    2) I could get the Sprint Employee Referral Option plan for my rate plan

He said ... shouldn't be a problem, let me check on a few things.
    Came back and said no problem. Took down all my info for a credit check, went over the rate plan (1250 minutes/$50/mo, includes Power Vision, blah blah blah) said the phone will ship out today, will have it tomorrow. No activation fee. Gave me my new phone number.

Went out to whereismyorder.com and cancelled my order for the backordered Treo 700p.

so there .... p <grin>
    Ok .... here's what I did.
    Called 1-888-431-3698 (select option 2)
    Told the rep I was potentially a brand new user to Sprint if:
    1) I could purchase a Treo 700p and have it shipped today, and
    2) I could get the Sprint Employee Referral Option plan for my rate plan

He said ... shouldn't be a problem, let me check on a few things.
    Came back and said no problem. Took down all my info for a credit check, went over the rate plan (1250 minutes/$50/mo, includes Power Vision, blah blah blah) said the phone will ship out today, will have it tomorrow. No activation fee. Gave me my new phone number.

Went out to whereismyorder.com and cancelled my order for the backordered Treo 700p.

so there .... p <grin>
    Whoa...I will do that at lunch today...
    Thanks gijohn!

I called got the $30 sero plan no problem, they have the 700p in stock. I may have called too late to get it shipped today but they ship overnight ups.

I went to cancel my order at the inphonic site and I could not find an online way to cancel my online order so I called. They said that they are working to replinish their stock, but had no indication of how long it would be, so they said it would probably be 7 to 10 business days.

Hopefully I will get mine tomorrow
    Last edited by brainodo; 06/19/2006 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh
    What plan did you get through retention?
    it's earlier in this thread.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast