Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhemming
    Yes I realize that. But when you choose teh A900 for example you can chose between powervision or regular vision. With the 700p the only choose is unlimited web and data. I wanted to clarify that I would not get charged for poervision (ie EVDO) for a per kb charge because I was only slated to have unlimited vision. Those who have added a 700 to their grandfathered deal of unlimited vision have been warned that it may happen. I didn't want the same to happen with me.
    Hmmmm ... ok .... didn't know there was a choice. Interesting
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    By the way ... treodub .... can you supply a phone number for a sero rep you talked to?

I didn't use a direct number. Called the main 866 number and simply waited for the first rep that was available. But I agree. You can't be sure of anything they tell you...
    The 866-274-9478 number?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    that's the one
    So I've been playing with the phone since I got home today... Initially I had an issue where I couldn't make any outgoing or incoming calls. Turns out the phone had not been "programmed" (don't know if this is how all inPhonic phones ship out or if something was skipped in the activation phase with this one). Made a call to Sprint and they walked me through it (which was an easy process). Soon afterwards it connected to the network... was provisioned... and established a Power Vision connection. So everything is working fine now on the phone and Internet side.

The device itself seems to be operating fairly well so far. I'm not noticing any problems with bad backlighting behind the keyboard, or a brownish screen (though I don't have a 650 to compare it to). The speed seems very good.... there was a one or two second delay in the Sprint store after entering the phone app before it would become responsive. I just assumed that this was one of the delays everyone had been complaining about. However with this phone there is no delay. It pops into the application instantaneously. In fact there aren't any noticable delays at all...The only delay I have noticed occurs when you exit from Blazer to the the Home screen. In this case it takes a second or two to do this... but other than that, speed is not an issue with this device (granted it is still running only stock software).

So far so good it seems... I'll be going out of town for the next few days and plan to take the Treo with me as well as my current phone, so I should have some time to play around with the device and see how it behaves over the course of the next few days.

The unlimited power vision with this plan is amazing by the way. This is my first mobile unlimited internet plan... and I still can't get used to the idea that I can surf the net as much as I want from my phone. I keep feeling like I need to minimize my use. We'll be driving most of tomorrow, It'll be interesting to just be able to browse the web, on the road, from the middle of nowhere (provided there is a Sprint signal).
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari
    The unlimited power vision with this plan is amazing by the way. This is my first mobile unlimited internet plan... and I still can't get used to the idea that I can surf the net as much as I want from my phone. I keep feeling like I need to minimize my use. We'll be driving most of tomorrow, It'll be interesting to just be able to browse the web, on the road, from the middle of nowhere (provided there is a Sprint signal).
    So there's absolutely no reason why you can't check in to treocentral.com, read and respond to any messages huh? <grin>

Enjoy the new toy .... STILL waiting for mine ..... watch yer battery level while connected.
    gijohn: any update on 700p inventory situation?
    No change ..... still no Treo 700p's as of this morning "Talked" (chat session) with an agent last night about 10:30pm (EST) and he said possibly within the next 24 hours. Another one earlier in the day said 5-7 days. Meanwhile my "status" as of Wednesday afternoon says my order will be processed within 72 hours .... that will be by Saturday afternoon accordin to my calculations. Yeah right!
    hah so lame...I hope they get it by the 20th which is when I want to port my number...if it gets delayed my current line goes over into the next billing cycle and I get screwed.
    Good luck ..... you know the old saying. You only get one chance to make a first impression. So far I ain't impressed.
    hah I hear ya. Plz keep us updated! Thx!
    At the same time that I ordered my 700p ( around noon on the 13th ) I helped a friend order a LG phone on sero. The LG order went from something like 'checking credit' to 'credit approved' to the 72 hour wait message and it took 2 days for the message to change. Now it says:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your order has been sent to Sprint PCS for credit approval and account activation.

If your credit is approved and once we collect payment from your credit or debit card, your order will normally ship within 24 hours. If upon review of your credit history your order is not approved, we will search for an alternate wireless service provider with a comparable rate plan. We will make no changes to your order without your prior approval.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it appears that after they get the phone in, the order has to go to Sprint for approval and activation. The current status above for the LG phone appeared early this morning and has not changed all day. So it may take a few more days.......
    Ok, The status of the LG order that I mentioned in the previous post has been updated:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great news xxxxxxx! We are now shipping your order!

We have activated your wireless device with Sprint PCS .

Your tracking information will be available within the next 24 hours*. We will display your tracking information below.

*In some cases, packages sent over the weekend may take an extra day for the tracking information to become available. Please note that accessories may be shipped separately.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So in the case of this LG order it took about 8 hours to to go from "the phone is in" to 'We are shipping the phone'.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari
    ...UPDATE: Just talked to Sprint again... they fixed the login issue (whatever it was). After looking at the plan it looks like everything is ok now. The $15 SMS option isn't there and the Equipment Coverage is. Since I've been told twice now that this is a power vision plan, and information about my 700p is all over my account page, I'm assuming I won't have any problems in this regard either... *crossing my fingers*... all of this excitement and I haven't even gotten the phone yet

BTW... after this experience I would highly recommend checking your plan as soon as your first Sprint (not inPhonics SERO stuff) email comes after the plan is activated. Looks like there is a chance that the order could be incorrectly entered into their system.... even if all of the other documentation states otherwise...
    Damn, just my luck I get two morons in a row who tell me my plan doesn't come with Powervision but I can get it free for a month... Third guy saw the problem but couldn't fix it and transferred me to technical support who didn't know the difference between Powervision and regular vision till I explained it to them... Then they said I did have Powervision on it after all just with out picture pack... WTF?

Anybody have a number to someone who knows whats up over there?
    Placed an order for a 700p through inphonic with the SERO plan after asking SEVERAL TIMES 'Now you're SURE you have it in stock...?', to which the reply was 'Oh yeah. Of course. We wouldn't even offer it if we didn't have it in stock'.

Naturally the status now reads...

The phone you have ordered is extremely popular and we are currently moving additional inventory into stock. Your order should be processed within 72 hours.

We'll see how long it takes to arrive.

D
    Um ... read my post #130 in this thread.
    For what it's worth and if anyone cares or is concerned - 700p's still out of stock as of 6/16/06, 7:55 pm (EST)
    still waiting for my plan to be approved by sprint
    Mine took a little more than 24 hours. The way this SERO/Inphonics or whatever is set up, you'll prolly get approved and then the phone will show as shipped if you refresh the page. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    For what it's worth and if anyone cares or is concerned - 700p's still out of stock as of 6/16/06, 7:55 pm (EST)
    sigh.......i'll be ordering on the 19th
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast