Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Are you calling 866-274-9478?
    that phone number kept coming up busy for me
    I just called it ..... 10:29 EST ..... no problem.
    Well, talked to several different people and wasn't getting very far since I was still under agreement. Ended up getting the 700p for $399 without too much of a problem but couldn't get SERO. The plan they gave me:

400 minutes N/W start at 7 - $35
    unlimited power vision $10
    500 Free Text Messages

I'll be calling back to add a corporate discount when I get the phone. I guess the deal isn't as good as some have gotten, but it saves me a lot and i didn't really have too much time to keep calling back. I'm just looking forward to getting my 700p soon. Good luck to all.
    Just noticed on the website for the SERO plan ..... 1000 minutes and free incoming ($100), but it says nothing about Sprint Vision or Power Vision. ???
    unlimited power vision is free with sero.
    For the 500 minutes, 1250 minutes and 2000 minutes it's very specific about Sprint Vision Power Vision included free. With the 1000 minutes and free incoming ...... it doesn't show up. Not mentioned.
    Last edited by gijohn; 06/14/2006 at 01:55 PM.
    I haven't gotten my phone yet (so I can't confirm the EVDO performance, or lack thereof), but I just got an email from Sprint containing my account details (this is the first email directly from sprint and not through the SERO site).

SPRINT FAIR & FLEXIBLE PLAN
    ADJUSTABLE ANYTIME MINUTES
    $30.00 MINIMUM MONTHLY CHARGE
    AMERICA - ROAMING INCLUDED
    NATIONWIDE LONG DISTANCE INCLUDED
    UNLIMITED NIGHT & WEEKEND MINS. INCLUDED
    NIGHTS: M-TH 9PM-7AM WKND: F 9PM-M 7AM
    UNLIMITED VISION ACCESS
    UNLIMITED MOBILE TO MOBILE
    CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
    THREE-WAY CALLING
    VOICEMAIL

This is a SERO plan... but note that it says UNLIMITED VISION ACCESS and not power vision. To those of you who have already gotten their SERO 700ps, is this going to be a problem? Has the plan been set up incorrectly, or does Sprint make no distinction between the two on this type of report? How do your plans show up?
  9. DJH
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I am relatively new to the forum so hopefully this doesn't come out wrong. Do ALL of you really know people that work for Sprint or is there something I am missing. The SERO plan looks good, but not sure about Sprint's coverage in the No VA area. What do I need from a person at Sprint to get this deal? Thanks.
    I may have this wrong ... but it's my understanding that Vison and Power Vision data speeds are determined if your area has access to the faster (Power Vision) speeds. In my area (south central Florida) I'll have Vision .. 10 miles up the road .. Power Vision. But I have to believe those areas will broaded out over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJH
    I am relatively new to the forum so hopefully this doesn't come out wrong. Do ALL of you really know people that work for Sprint or is there something I am missing. The SERO plan looks good, but not sure about Sprint's coverage in the No VA area. What do I need from a person at Sprint to get this deal? Thanks.
    An email address from a Sprint employee.
    Check the sprint.com site for coverage area. Just put your zip code in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari
    This is a SERO plan... but note that it says UNLIMITED VISION ACCESS and not power vision. To those of you who have already gotten their SERO 700ps, is this going to be a problem? Has the plan been set up incorrectly, or does Sprint make no distinction between the two on this type of report? How do your plans show up?
    This is what I noticed when I ordered it and it is a problem I think, because my girlfriend's A900 Samsung and a coworker's A920 receipts explicitly said Unlimited Powervision. I'm pretty sure a simple call to Sprint (not Inphonics) will get it fixed, especially if you call within the first 14 days.
  13. DJH
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Thanks gijohn!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsondogg
    This is what I noticed when I ordered it and it is a problem I think, because my girlfriend's A900 Samsung and a coworker's A920 receipts explicitly said Unlimited Powervision. I'm pretty sure a simple call to Sprint (not Inphonics) will get it fixed, especially if you call within the first 14 days.

That's my concern as well. Unsure why certain "multimedia" phones ie a900 come with options for both vision or powervision while the 700p just comes with an option for unlimited web and data; no distinction between the 2.

Wonder if I should order by phone, but doubt they will be able to clarify. I don't want be stuck on a plain vision plan and get stuck with evdo pay per kb coverage. Has anyone been able to figure all this out either by inphonics (don't trust) or Sprint??
    Well I just checked with Sprint because I also noticed unlimited text on the account for an extra $15 a month (which I did not sign up for when getting the plan). They verified that the account is Power Vision and corrected the messaging charge, I also signed up for equipment coverage. Getting a little paranoid after seeing this sort of screw up I checked again with a different rep who verified that my plan was as it should be. I guess ultimately time will tell (when the bill arrives) but for now I guess its ok. Another strange issue is that my online account isn't working yet (where I was hoping to visually verify all of this)... so I guess another call may be necessary to fix that issue.

UPDATE: Just talked to Sprint again... they fixed the login issue (whatever it was). After looking at the plan it looks like everything is ok now. The $15 SMS option isn't there and the Equipment Coverage is. Since I've been told twice now that this is a power vision plan, and information about my 700p is all over my account page, I'm assuming I won't have any problems in this regard either... *crossing my fingers*... all of this excitement and I haven't even gotten the phone yet

BTW... after this experience I would highly recommend checking your plan as soon as your first Sprint (not inPhonics SERO stuff) email comes after the plan is activated. Looks like there is a chance that the order could be incorrectly entered into their system.... even if all of the other documentation states otherwise...
    Last edited by ajabbari; 06/14/2006 at 08:37 PM.
    If someone has an email address that I can use it would be greatly appreciated.
    Check your PM's
    How long does it normally take to get the 700p after ordering it through the sero site? Ordered mine around noon on the 13th and whereismyorder is still showing 'processing'. I call and no one can tell me anything more than it is processing.
    brainodo ....... my world and welcome to it.

I ordered mine at 12:15pm on Tuesday the 13th. Just yesterday I received notification that everything is a go. Problem now is they are out of stock on the Treo 700p's. As of yesterday afternoon my "status" changed to "your order should be processed within 72 hours". ... and I paid xtra for overnight shipping - (but I THINK they are going to waive that $15 fee .... we'll see.)
    Okay, now I have the 'you will have to wait' message:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Sprint PCS has approved your order for a wireless phone.

The phone you have ordered is extremely popular and we are currently moving additional inventory into stock. Your order should be processed within 72 hours
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I have waited this long, a couple days won't kill me, right ???????
    I cant wait to get off of cingular/at&t !!!!!!!
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast