Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Did you guys mention a sprint employee name or not? Did you guys have to threaten to cancel or were they pretty nice about?
    "Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay."
    Quote Originally Posted by rvr2k3
    Did you guys mention a sprint employee name or not? Did you guys have to threaten to cancel or were they pretty nice about?

Never had to mention a Sprint Employee name. I never threatened to cancel. I told them I wanted the plan originally when I purchased the phone but none of the reps I spoke with knew what I was talking about (which is true.) I reiterated the fact that I was not even passed my 14 day mark. The retentions rep was "happy and overjoyed" to assist me. She remarked how good the deal was and thanked me for making Sprint my wireless choice.
    I haven't called yet but plan to try to get SERO and a discounted 700p tonight. I just plan on being upfront with them. I do know a Sprint employee though. I am under contract but willing to reup for another 2 years, I don't see why they wouldn't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by javylsu
    888-274-9478
    Is this the right number. I am getting a disconnected message.
    Ok .. I be gettin confused on this SERO stuff. Talking to a friend today that has a 650. Been with Sprint for about 6-7 months. Would he be eligible or qualify to get switched over to a SERO plan?

And as rvr2k3 mentioned - anyone have a better phone number for SERO? 888-274-9478 doesn't work.
    technically any current customer is not eligible. Retentions may do it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    technically any current customer is not eligible. Retentions may do it though.
    Technically, that is not correct. As a current customer, but out of (and in cases of many others, nearly out of) contract, I did qualify for SERO.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    replace 888 with 866.
    Sero dos not have a family plan. (sniff)
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by rvr2k3
    What kind of approach did you use? Were you polite about it or did you basically say you were going to cancel outright? Did they hesitate at first request? Was this a new line of service you had or a new two year agreement?

I just reupped my 2 year contract and am paying about $45/mo after my corporate and $5 discount. The same price I paid before on my Treo 600.
    I was very friendly and polite, and I started the conversation by saying, "I know I can return and get a new one..." and my rep understood completely, and was also very friendly - although I did say that I would much rather not have to return and order the same exact device... FYI, I am a new Sprint customer that had just signed a contract for 2 years 5 days before, so I was still in the 14 day "try-out" period.
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    Wait a sec, is everyone here calling the SERO number without a sprint employee's e-mail address at hand?
    Yup. I was never asked for the employee's name or email address (although I did have one ready just in case).
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    to those who have gotten it, were you able to get PAM as well or just unlimited power vision? Also, is roaming free like it is on the new standard sprint plans?
    The SERO plan does not include PAM, but it does include unlimited power vision and free roaming. Remember, SERO is the pricing package, but it is a "Fair and Flexible" plan, only that nights and weekends start at 9 instead of 7pm. Now if you're able to negotiate free PAM out of them, more power to you!

Javier
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    Sero dos not have a family plan. (sniff)
    Yep, that's what's keeping me and my five lines off SERO.
    Well... my plan was just approved... now I just have to hope that the phone ships in time for me to get it before I have to leave to go out of town Friday morning. The thought of having my Treo floating around in undeliverable UPS purgatory over the weekend is almost unbearable.

Anyone here know where these things are shipping out of (or are there multiple warehouses?)?
    Treo 700P is now availible on sero.... is that old news?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    It's old news, but I am sure its new to some, so its still good info.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    OK, Currently I get my plan for $44(with taxes) after my corporate discount and $5 loyalty. Plus free text messaging for 2 years and insurance. Will SERO be cheaper than this?

I assume $30/month plus $6 for ins, plus tax, plus text mesaaging will be about the same. I am worried I will not get my corporate and loyalty discounts if I switch over. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I was set up with SERO on a PPC6700 in a store (with some effort) and then called to get a state employee discount. That made my plan $23.10/mo + tax.

I went to a store to purchase the 700p on a new line of service for $400 and the person who signed me up noted that I had SERO and asked if I wanted to keep it. I said yes and he activated the 700p on SERO as well. My receipt shows an estimated monthly of $60 instead of $46.20 but my experience is that the estimate is never right anyway. I fully expect that the discount is still in place.

-darren
    FWIW, I was told that corporate discounts do not apply to the SERO plan itself, only the add-ons (N&W's starting at 6pm, text messaging, etc.) I hope that's not true, because I get a t 25% monthly discount through my company. We'll see how it appears on the bill though - I should know better than to believe customer service reps at this point...

Javier
    Question ..... would someone with a Nextel account be excluded from getting a SERO plan?
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    they're asking for an email address!!! ahhhh!
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    they won't let me switch my plan even though I am within my 14 day period. Do I hang up and call again?!
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast