Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    How much do you pay?
    $30, plus $6 for ins, & $9.95 for Sprint TV.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari
    How does this work though? My impression was that when you sign a contract with a wireless provider your are signing for that number. If I was to order this thing today for example, I would not be within 14 day on 7/7 when I go to swap my number from Cingular. Sprint can just port a number into an existing contract at any time? Would the contract then be considered 2yrs from 7/8 or would it still be my original contract start date?

Also, back to my other question. Would I be able to just do this online and port the number over later, or do I have to give them a heads up about the planned number change (order by phone)? Obviously I'm thinking it would be much easier to do online than trying to negotiate a SERO deal over the phone.
    I got mine through telesales and the rep assigned me a temporary number. She checked my Cingular mobile # to see if it was port-able. Your 2 year contract starts on your 1st day of service w/sprint, it doesn't take into account the number porting.
    hmmmm ... ok .... understanding a little more about SERO ..... but is it necessary you transfer a number from another service? I currently have 2 phones with Cingular (wifey), so I would be required to cancel one of the phones? Would that jeopardize anything with Cingular as long as this is done after my contract is up? .. on 6/14/06
    Okay - I have tried to order twice, once porting my number, the other opening a new line of service. Problem - I have a Nextel phone (not under contract) so they say I already have Sprint service and can not add another line. Here is my question - If I buy it under my wifes name, will I be able to port my number over from Nextel at a later time? I was just curious if anyone had done anything like that before.
    i have a friend trying to do the same thing, he has nextel but not in his name-i'll let u know what happens, but basically, a new social security number is a new customer so i think you'll be fine if you don't use yours
    Quote Originally Posted by javylsu
    I called Sprint this morning using the SERO number above, and got changed over to the SERO plan.

Sorry, what is the SERO Number?
    888-274-9478

EDIT: Sorry, the correct number is 866-274-9478.

Javier
    Last edited by javylsu; 06/14/2006 at 02:01 PM.
    I have a phone with Sprint (that got changed to a SERO account 4 months back). I want a new line of service - The Treo 700p off the SERO website.

Am I to understand that because I am an existing customer that I can't get another line off the SERO website? Somebody please say it aint so. If it is please give me some suggestions on how to get around it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by javylsu
    I called Sprint this morning using the SERO number above, and got changed over to the SERO plan. I bought my 700p through a "regular" fair and flexible plan about 10 days ago, so I am still in the tryout period. I politely explained to the rep that I knew I could return my current handset and order a new one through the SERO website, but that would not only be inconvenient for me, but also cost sprint more money - so I asked if there was any way I could just keep my Treo and simply change plans to SERO. It took about 20 minutes for the whole process, but she was very helpful and signed me up for SERO - and never asked me for a name or email address - Oh, and she specifically mentioned that the plan comes with "free vision or power vision," just to put that point to rest.

Javier
    What kind of approach did you use? Were you polite about it or did you basically say you were going to cancel outright? Did they hesitate at first request? Was this a new line of service you had or a new two year agreement?

I just reupped my 2 year contract and am paying about $45/mo after my corporate and $5 discount. The same price I paid before on my Treo 600.
    "Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay."
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg
    I have a phone with Sprint (that got changed to a SERO account 4 months back). I want a new line of service - The Treo 700p off the SERO website.

Am I to understand that because I am an existing customer that I can't get another line off the SERO website? Somebody please say it aint so. If it is please give me some suggestions on how to get around it.

Thanks
    That is what they told me. (inphonic.com - the company your order goes to when you order at www.sprint.com/sero) They did not approve my order online so I called them and told them I wanted a new line of service. They said that I already had service with Sprint (I have Nextel - no longer under contract) and do not qualify for the offer.
    Well I've tried calling the SERO number twice... the good news is that in theory, yes I could get a 700p with SERO fairly easily... the bad news is that no one can give me a firm answer as to whether they can or will assign a temp number and then port my number over later. One person said maybe, but I'd need to talk to the porting dept (which is closed till monday), and the other person said no.

Basically, it looks like to get in on the deal I'd have to at least entertain the possibility of losing my current phone number since it seems that no one will give me any assurances or guarantees that they will actually do this for me a month from now. Problem is that I've had this number for at least 4 years now, and a lot of people have it (not just friends but also some important contacts, not all of which I would remember to notify) so I really don't know if its worth it to me to risk loosing this number to do the SERO thing.

One thing I'm thinking about doing is waiting till the very last week of June so that July 8th ends up in my 14 day window and then trying to sign up for SERO. At least that way if someone was to tell me that they can't port my number over from Cingular then I'd have the option of cancelling the Sprint SERO plan and just getting a normal one with my number. Of course, the problem with this is that there are no guarantees that they will still be selling 700p's with SERO at that time, but I guess that's a risk I'd be willing to take.
    I signed my wife up on sero on May 17th with the A900 phone and ported her number over from Qwest last week with no problem. We called customer service and got it ported in a few minutes time.
    Palm 500 > Palm 505 > Palm 550 > Tungsten C > Sony Clie UX50 + several Qwest phones Sprint Sero 700p> Treo 800w
    I just ordered too! Glad I waited...
    I have a question, as the SERO deal looks great... but I have a question about my current plan and cancellation fees:

If I already have a contract with Sprint, and I go to SERO and order the 700p with Sero plan (new 2 year plan) and choose to port my current phone number on the SERO site (using Sprint PCS from the dropdown), will I get charged a $200 termnination fee since my "old" contract will be discontinued? Or will that not happen since I am going Sprint to Sprint?

If you know the answer, it would be a great help..

Mike
    Wait a sec, is everyone here calling the SERO number without a sprint employee's e-mail address at hand?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    If I already have a contract with Sprint, and I go to SERO and order the 700p with Sero plan (new 2 year plan) and choose to port my current phone number on the SERO site (using Sprint PCS from the dropdown), will I get charged a $200 termnination fee since my "old" contract will be discontinued? Or will that not happen since I am going Sprint to Sprint?
    In general you'll have to pay the termination fee to get out of your existing contract. You may also have to get a new phone number when you go SERO, technically SERO is for new accounts/lines of service only. But all that is "in general". Like anything with Sprint customer service: your mileage may vary. Lots of people have reported success calling the retention department and simply having their account switched over to SERO.

Check out theses posts over on slickdeals.net:
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpos...70&postcount=1
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpos...postcount=1396

Hope this helps.

ERic
    A friend of mine has only been with sprint for a year or so and called customer service until he found a rep that would switch his plan over to SERO (5 calls). He then said he wanted to upgrade his phone and she gave him $150.00 credit (he was only eligable for $75.00). He said he was well pleased and got a free upgrade! I would just call a rep til you get one that is friendly. There has also been quite a few people who have threatened nicely to quite and get the Verizon 700p if sprint didn't give them a good price. It never hurts to ask, you just might get what you are looking for.
    Palm 500 > Palm 505 > Palm 550 > Tungsten C > Sony Clie UX50 + several Qwest phones Sprint Sero 700p> Treo 800w
    Well... I called again today about getting the phone with a temp number and then porting over later. Basically this person (who was really nice about the whole thing) checked with her supervisor who said that they can't do it if the porting falls outside of the 14 day window because then they'd have to charge the 250 fee they charge if the contract is modified in the first 6 months.

I know there are people here who claimed they were actually able to do this but given that I'd have to wait a month to find out and that the "offical" response seemed to be that you are not supposed to be able to do it (which means there would be no guarantees), I decided to ditch the whole porting idea.

Instead I ordered the 700p with a new number and SERO. I came to the conclusion that in reality I was assigning too much value to porting my old number in the first place. It just is not worth $600+ dollars to me over two years ($30 a month vs $55 a month with the standard plan) to keep it, it's inconvenient but not THAT big of a deal to notify people of a new number. It also makes the whole thing very simple now. When my Cingular contract ends I'll just cancel the number, in the meantime I'll update my Cingular voicemail to notify callers of the new Sprint number.

My 700p should get here by Wednesday (according to the rep).
    Just called and got the 700p placed on SERO! Thanks to every one who has contributed information about this procedure. It's great that you guys use your powers for good instead of evil.
    to those who have gotten it, were you able to get PAM as well or just unlimited power vision? Also, is roaming free like it is on the new standard sprint plans?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast