Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    The sero website is now offering the phone for $349.99. Since I was still within my 14-day return period, I called Sprint and requested a $50 credit to my account. After wasting 45 mins being transferred back and forth from different departments and speaking to people who had no clue, I eventually hung up and dialed *2 from my phone. This time, I said "Cancel" when the automated system asked "how can I help you." After explaining that I wanted to cancel my new account because of the hassle I have been through for this $50 credit, the representative said she would be able to make a "one-time exception" and added the credit to my account.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I recently checked and the 700p is now at $350 on the sero page. I payed $400. I will be calling sprint to try to get that $50 difference.
    Last edited by json; 07/04/2006 at 04:20 PM.
  3. tryfe
    I actually got mine yesterday...it was shipped on 6/30. But those bastards...I can't even make any calls it says that I don't have access to call any numbers and if I want to add service to my plan. And of course they are closed today..grrr.
    I have Verizon now and I am looking at getting into Sprint. The Sero plan sounds really nice and I would really like a 700p - it would be very useful to me. However, if I sign up for a Sero plan with a 700p I cannot get a "phone as modem" plan with it.

If at some point, before the 2 yr contract is up, I want to add the PAM, is it possible to switch out of Sero and into a regular Fair and Flexible plan that allows the PAM upgrade?

Thank you,
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by tryfe
    I actually got mine yesterday...it was shipped on 6/30. But those bastards...I can't even make any calls it says that I don't have access to call any numbers and if I want to add service to my plan. And of course they are closed today..grrr.

Just called Sprint regarding the same thing and had a $50 credit added to my account. No questions asked!
    Anyone who paid 399.99 off the SERO site for the 700p, call 1-800-658-7564 and get them to pricematch the new price of 349.99. This number is retentions. They did it fairly quickly and the $50 covered my first bill and some of my next one.
    Brilliant mate! I just got it too! The rep didnt see the cheaper price listed but I told her on the sero site it was discounted and she believed me and did it right away! Wonder what would have happened if I said a number larger than 50?

Thanks lads
    No problem dude, glad I was able to help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by tryfe
    Actually this is how my phone came... I could only call *2 (even though I was assuming it would be fully active). I called up Sprint and they walked me through programming the phone, after that no problems.
    Well, I actually ended up following SlickDeals' advice and went into a Sprint store, got on the base 29.99 a month plan with Vision and insurance, and then called up retentions and switched to SERO! No BS with InPhonic, AND I got $299 out the door for the 700p with a pricematch to CompUSA (it's in the flier on their website so you can show the reps, or just come with it already printed out... the $299 price on the 700p notes mail-in rebate but they should give you it instantly anyways without a problem, if they don't, note that CompUSA is automatically comp'ing the rebate in store. This is true, I checked it out today. Their price ends July 8 though!)

It took only two calls to retentions to get me on the SERO plan (if they try to transfer you to Employee Accounts, they usually won't do it. If they say to use sprint.com, just tell them you already have the phone and it would be awesome if they could just get you on a new plan. If they still won't do it, just tell them you're going to cancel the phone and buy it again on the SERO site, that will do it! Remember to be nice though!)

I tried a few times to really work the retentions reps over SlickDeals style (all kinds of freebies) but they weren't having it. Perhaps they're getting wise since SO many people are on this plan now. Can't complain about getting the phone right away and on a good plan though!
  11. tryfe
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Anyone who paid 399.99 off the SERO site for the 700p, call 1-800-658-7564 and get them to pricematch the new price of 349.99. This number is retentions. They did it fairly quickly and the $50 covered my first bill and some of my next one.
    Fricking awesome man...that was easy! Thanks!
    I ordered my 700p from the sero site last week - when I called up retentions last night to ask for some sort of credit, they redirected me to the employee plans department who denied me.

I'll try again but this is a pretty bad introduction to Sprint's customer service..
    Quote Originally Posted by kmudrick
    I ordered my 700p from the sero site last week - when I called up retentions last night to ask for some sort of credit, they redirected me to the employee plans department who denied me.

I'll try again but this is a pretty bad introduction to Sprint's customer service..
    Just try again. They were giving my bf a hard time too but he had just seen that I got the $50 credit so he kept pushing the guy. Worse case, you can tell them that you will return the phone and order a new one which will just waste everyone's time.
    Just thought of something that sweetens the deal...if you know someone who is a current Sprint customer and you just signed up on SERO as a new customer, you can both get a $25 debit card from Sprint. All you have to do is dial #REF and enter in your buddy's phone number. This has to be done from the new phone and within 15 days of activation. Each customer can get up to 12 referral rewards a year.

I'm kind of a noob to posting on forums so let me know if this isn't kosher, but I'll be happy to help with the referral if anyone wants to do this and doesn't already know an existing Sprint customer...just PM me.
    Yeah, why not start a referral chain so we can all get at least $50?
    I have SERO plan but my EVDO speed is slow. It only goes 100K. When I do ORB video on 700p, it is not watch-able at all. I checked my SPrint on-line account and it says I have "Vison". It does not say I have "Power Vision". Does this mean I am not getting the Power Vision? ARen't we suppose to get Power Vision with SERO plan?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599

Thanks for the tip stringy:
    I just called and within 4 minutes i had a $50 credit applied to account for the difference
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon
    I have SERO plan but my EVDO speed is slow. It only goes 100K. When I do ORB video on 700p, it is not watch-able at all. I checked my SPrint on-line account and it says I have "Vison". It does not say I have "Power Vision". Does this mean I am not getting the Power Vision? ARen't we suppose to get Power Vision with SERO plan?

I had phone reps tell me that i had power vision even though my bill say's regular vision. Double check 3 times with diferent CS peeps to make sure it's on ur account. Don't take "you have a power vision phone so you automatically get power vision" as an answer from them alone
    I have called about 4 times, still nothing on the $50 credit

other than that I am happy they were able to port my number fairly quickly. saved me ~$90 in phone bills this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by seru
    I have called about 4 times, still nothing on the $50 credit

other than that I am happy they were able to port my number fairly quickly. saved me ~$90 in phone bills this month.

So what is the reason that they say that they will not do it?