Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 319
  1. #221  
    So what's the verdict with using your 700p as a Bluetooth (or USB) modem with your laptop with just the regular $30/month SERO plan? Has anyone received a bill yet, and is the functionality similar to the 650?
  2. #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by avidal
    Awesome! Thank you. I will look into it this weekend. I am still looking into whether or not Sprint has good coverage in Denver - where I live. My company has a deal with Verizon - but I can't imagine it will match this!

    -AV
    The coverage is good in Denver. I work and drive all around Denver.
    Palm 500 > Palm 505 > Palm 550 > Tungsten C > Sony Clie UX50 + several Qwest phones Sprint Sero 700p> Treo 800w
  3. #223  
    So has anyone gotten their 700p from inphonic SERO lately?

    I'm still waiting for mine to ship. I ordered on 6/16
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by 155
    So has anyone gotten their 700p from inphonic SERO lately?

    I'm still waiting for mine to ship. I ordered on 6/16
    Not an answer to your question - but as of Monday 6/19 I was told they were still backordered. I called Sprint on the 19th at 2pm. Had a phone and the SERO plan by 10:30am the next day. (new account/user)

    (Called InPhonics at 2:10pm on the 19th and cancelled the order)
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Not an answer to your question - but as of Monday 6/19 I was told they were still backordered. I called Sprint on the 19th at 2pm. Had a phone and the SERO plan by 10:30am the next day. (new account/user)

    (Called InPhonics at 2:10pm on the 19th and cancelled the order)
    Well, you have to tell us how you retained the SERO plan!
  6. #226  
    abstraxion ..... go to page 8 of this thread and read my post #157.

    Good luck .. let us know how you do.
  7. #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Ok .... here's what I did.
    Called 1-888-431-3698 (select option 2)
    Told the rep I was potentially a brand new user to Sprint if:
    1) I could purchase a Treo 700p and have it shipped today, and
    2) I could get the Sprint Employee Referral Option plan for my rate plan

    He said ... shouldn't be a problem, let me check on a few things.
    Came back and said no problem. Took down all my info for a credit check, went over the rate plan (1250 minutes/$50/mo, includes Power Vision, blah blah blah) said the phone will ship out today, will have it tomorrow. No activation fee. Gave me my new phone number.

    Went out to whereismyorder.com and cancelled my order for the backordered Treo 700p.

    so there .... p <grin>
    I just called Sprint CS to see about getting a shipping 700p today, they did have it in stock.

    My question to the CSR was if I could port my number after my contract is up with Verizon in August, after putting me on hold for some time rep. came back and said they the number has to be ported right away BUT THAT THE SERO RATE PLAN WILL BE AVAILABLE IN AUGUST. I asked him to make sure he said for sure the SERO plan will still be available when my contract is up with Verizon.
  8. #228  
    I think I would have said "thanks", hang up, wait a few minutes and SPIN the big CSR wheel. Call back and talk to someone else.
  9. #229  
    The SERO being available in August is my best case scenario, I won't have to pay 2 bills for 2 months and can port my Verizon number over (ironically back to Sprint where it started).
  10. #230  
    Ordered 6/16 through SERO, received 6/23.
  11. #231  
    ordered 6-19, and still waiting for mine to ship
  12. #232  
    I ordered mine last friday and it still has not shipped yet.
  13. crownzeal's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #233  
    After almost an hour on the phone, I am on SERO! My situation was a little different since I'd ordered the phone a couple weeks ago and didn't know about this plan.

    They DID ask me for a referral e-mail address which I had to remember off the fly. Lo and behold, it worked! They backdated the plan for me and added the SMS option for free.

    I called Sprint direct @ 800-658-7564 and I think it's one of their retention #'s. Even if you already have a Treo, you can get this done retroactively. Good luck!
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by whodean
    I just called Sprint CS to see about getting a shipping 700p today, they did have it in stock.

    My question to the CSR was if I could port my number after my contract is up with Verizon in August, after putting me on hold for some time rep. came back and said they the number has to be ported right away BUT THAT THE SERO RATE PLAN WILL BE AVAILABLE IN AUGUST. I asked him to make sure he said for sure the SERO plan will still be available when my contract is up with Verizon.
    Though this wouldn't be the first time that the SERO program has been extended, I wouldn't exactly bank on just what one rep says in this regard. You may want to call again just to see if you can get anyone else to verify this. It's also entirely possible that while SERO will still be around the plans will change (and my experience is that usually this sort of thing doesn't get cheaper as more people sign on). It's a risk, but if you really don't have any other options then I guess this glimmer of hope is still better than nothing.

    Personally I haven't looked back since switching from Cingular. IMHO the phone itself, the signal, and the call quality are all much better than what I was getting with Cingular (and all for much cheaper). My Treo has not dropped a single call yet in this area (Orange County)... and it tends to break up much less than my Cingular did too.
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari
    Though this wouldn't be the first time that the SERO program has been extended, I wouldn't exactly bank on just what one rep says in this regard. You may want to call again just to see if you can get anyone else to verify this. It's also entirely possible that while SERO will still be around the plans will change (and my experience is that usually this sort of thing doesn't get cheaper as more people sign on). It's a risk, but if you really don't have any other options then I guess this glimmer of hope is still better than nothing.
    Called again, another rep. said the SERO plans will be available after June 30th, she said until the end of the year.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by whodean
    I just called Sprint CS to see about getting a shipping 700p today, they did have it in stock.

    My question to the CSR was if I could port my number after my contract is up with Verizon in August, after putting me on hold for some time rep. came back and said they the number has to be ported right away BUT THAT THE SERO RATE PLAN WILL BE AVAILABLE IN AUGUST. I asked him to make sure he said for sure the SERO plan will still be available when my contract is up with Verizon.

    I was glad to hear that SERO would be extended. My current contract is up in August w/ Qwest. I needed more info so I called the # from post 157 and talked to a great young lady with a wonderful sense of humor and asked her when the SERO plan was set to expire. She told me that there was no set expiration date that she could find but the new plans they were coming out with next on SERO would probably be more expensive. She added that that is usually the corse for sprint. On Mother's Day when I ordered my wife the A900 on SERO there was an expiration date of 6/30/2006 at the bottom of the website, I don't see it anymore.
    I also mentioned that I would need to port my current # over sometime in August and asked if that would be a problem. She said that it would not be a problem and I could port over anytime without it effecting my contract (this is the third rep I've talked with that has affirmed this).
    I went ahead and ordered the 700p w/ insurance and will have it by Friday. She also told me that I have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee if I didn't like anything about my purchase. I figure if the new plans are worth the price hike than I'll change to the new or cancel and reorder. Hope this helpes anyone interested.
    Palm 500 > Palm 505 > Palm 550 > Tungsten C > Sony Clie UX50 + several Qwest phones Sprint Sero 700p> Treo 800w
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davgt500
    I was glad to hear that SERO would be extended. My current contract is up in August w/ Qwest. I needed more info so I called the # from post 157 and talked to a great young lady with a wonderful sense of humor and asked her when the SERO plan was set to expire. She told me that there was no set expiration date that she could find but the new plans they were coming out with next on SERO would probably be more expensive. She added that that is usually the corse for sprint. On Mother's Day when I ordered my wife the A900 on SERO there was an expiration date of 6/30/2006 at the bottom of the website, I don't see it anymore.
    I also mentioned that I would need to port my current # over sometime in August and asked if that would be a problem. She said that it would not be a problem and I could port over anytime without it effecting my contract (this is the third rep I've talked with that has affirmed this).
    I went ahead and ordered the 700p w/ insurance and will have it by Friday. She also told me that I have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee if I didn't like anything about my purchase. I figure if the new plans are worth the price hike than I'll change to the new or cancel and reorder. Hope this helpes anyone interested.
    I took your advice and called back, the Treo700p is now out of stock at Sprint...
  18. json's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #238  
    i got my 700p yesturday. i ordered it on monday and got it on tuesday. i was straight up with the rep at sprint CS. i told him i wanted the 700p but it wasn't available thru the sero page and after he checked it out on the page he came back and told me he had it available thru sprint and that inphonic would be out of stock for a while cause they were given a limited amount of stock. he signed me up for a second line and i payed the $399.00 it was selling for on the sero page now all i have to do is cancel the second line and transfer the 700p over to my first sero line that i signed up for the "day before the 700p was posted for sale"

    i might not cancel that second line now cause my mom wants to get away from her t-mobile prepay account.
  19. #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by whodean
    I took your advice and called back, the Treo700p is now out of stock at Sprint...
    Did you place your order anyway? If not I would because of the rumored price hike on the 1st of July. Keep calling if you didn't, I would think that shipments would be pretty regular for sprint. Good luck
    Palm 500 > Palm 505 > Palm 550 > Tungsten C > Sony Clie UX50 + several Qwest phones Sprint Sero 700p> Treo 800w
  20. #240  
    Could someone be so kind as to throw a SERO referral my way. I would greatly appreciate if someone could pm one to me. Thanks. Long live SERO.

Posting Permissions