1.    #1  
    Ringo is currently working perfectly except for the fact that everytime a call comes in the MP3 jumps a little bit and then continues normally. Just the first milliseconds the ringtone sounds like a skipping CD. Anybody else using Ringo having this issues? I am currently using v4.452.

Thank You.
    it's a firmware problem I was told because I am getting my ringtones through sprintusers and they still jump. When palm come out with the update this should be corrected.
    I keep hearing RINGO has massive problems with 700P.....anyone using the LATEST RINGO with 700P?

SB
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am using the latest ringo with my 700p and I haven't had a problem yet, except when I am playing Ptunes and I get a call it says, plugin not installed.

Other than that, things are going great.
    I am using Ringo V4.452, and everything seems to work fine. I had a skipping problem that only occured with a 192kbps bit rate mp3 file I had. I changed that to a 128kbps file, and the skipping went away. I don't believe the size matters, as I can use a small 100k file or a regular sized 5MB file and both played fine, as long as they were ≤128kbps. Now if only I could figure out how to use mp3s stored on the internal memory as ringers in Ringo - see this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil
    I am using Ringo V4.452, and everything seems to work fine. I had a skipping problem that only occured with a 192kbps bit rate mp3 file I had. I changed that to a 128kbps file, and the skipping went away. I don't believe the size matters, as I can use a small 100k file or a regular sized 5MB file and both played fine, as long as they were ≤128kbps. Now if only I could figure out how to use mp3s stored on the internal memory as ringers in Ringo - see this post.

You can use the built in converter in ringo to save an mp3 to internal memory.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I had an issue with Ringo where I would answer the call, and when I hung up the mp3 would start playing again for a few seconds. I reinstalled and updated and so far, so good.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon
    I had an issue with Ringo where I would answer the call, and when I hung up the mp3 would start playing again for a few seconds. I reinstalled and updated and so far, so good.

Hmm that happens to me sometimes too, I will have to pay with that.
    You can use the built in converter in ringo to save an mp3 to internal memory.
    Yes, it will import it into the "Tones Library" but it will not play.
    Hmmm, most of my ringtones I do this way. Thats odd.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I downloaded the latest version...and major problems. I started getting soft resets constantly...and ended up having to reinstall some of the other programs, including snappermail. Personally...to me it's not worth it
    I have installed Ringo Pro (latest version from their site) three times and I get the same behavior. Ringing goes into loop and I can't answer call or phone reboots when call received.

Treo 650 running latest firmware from Sprint
    Ringtone is a MP3 on SD card
    Ringo Pro is installed in main memory.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    I never had a proble. Did you install it directly from the ringo website? http://electricpocket.com/products/ringo.html

What other software do you have on the Palm?
    I had the lastest and everytime I received an sms the phone would reboot. Itook it out did a hardreset left it out and everything is fine.
    Forget about Ringo, I paid for it and I regret it. I now use mRing and it is way more stable than ringo.

Al
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    any other ringer program work well with the 700p?
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    A matter of fact any 3rd party app for Ringtones will either work or it won't obviously some people are having problems and some are not. As for my Ringo didnt work most of the time my phone would reset itself in the middle of a call or when an incoming call came in.
    So I called the manufacture and they gave me refund with out any questions The rep didnt know why it would work on some phones and not others. I have checked around with palm even tho they sell ringo on their website and they tell me the dont recommend any 3rd party software for the treo 650. It's a crap shoot!

If anyone out there has used any other program as a ringtone manager Please let me know Im willing to try em all till i find one that works.....

Terry
    I guess I said it already. DO NOT USE RINGO ON A 700P..!!!! It has lots of issues and it resets your Treo. Use mRing, it is the best solution for ringtones.

Al