Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have the $25/month power vision ultimate pack, which says it includes

sprint tv ultimate, sprint tv plus, and sprint live channels....

I get my bill, and I was charged the $25 for the ultimate pack... then another $7.95, $9.99, and $4.95 for the sprint tv ultimate, live, plus....

After 30 minutes on the phone with them, the billing guy still wouldn't give me any credits, he kept saying those were downloads, and not part of my plan....

finally I get a supervisor on the phone to give me the credits..... Sprint REALLY needs to get their act together, this level of disorganization and cluelessnes is not acceptable.....

if this is how its going to be, I would rather bump my power vision down to just web/data, and go for the $9.99 mobitv....

have fun on the phone with sprint billing!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    same here, wheeeeeee...what do you expect from a telco?
    Yeah...

I have the Ultimate Power Vision pack on my T700p also.

It suppose to include unlimited data to phone only. No tethering unless you want to pay .02 cents per kilobyte while tethered to your computer....OUCH

Unlimited picture mail and unlimited video mail.

Suppose to include Sprint TV. Only suppose to charge you a one time download fee.

Suppose to include some On Demand services for a 1 time download fee.

Does not include sms text messaging. If you want unlimited text messaging it will be a $15.00 fee. If you want limited text messaging it will be $5.00 fee per month.

On my still active T650 I have the Vision plan for $15.00 a month which I tether to my lappy, although not that much lately. I have unlimited picture mail, 100 text messages a month included. No Sprint TV or On Demand available.

I have had two Sprint Reps tell me that I cannot get the same T650 data plan on my T700p because the devises are different and the data plans are designed for each devise. Me thinks I smell a rat here. Although Power Vision has been very reliable and fast. No trouble connecting and no dropped connections between San Diego, CA and Puyallup, WA.

Maybe at the end of the month I'll be negotiating with Sprint for a better data plan.

Chuck
    Yeah the rollout of the Treo 700p is the biggest cluster *BLEEP* I've ever seen. I had a lot of problems with them as well. Something horribly wrong is going on at Sprint right now.
    1) It took two phone calls to activate my Treo.
    2) It took nearly as week to get my acconunt situated.
    3) When I threatened to sue regarding some of the "advertised" specials they discounted my entire bill by a wide margin for the life time of my contract.

Don't give in!! Ask for a manager and give'em H*ll!!!

Like others on here I'm waiting to see what falls out when I get my first invoice under the plan they signed me up for.

I'll tell you this I will not go thru another week of crap with with them again.
    Yeah what the *BLEEP* is up with all these extra charges @%$#^*!

I went from a 650 to the 700p recently and checked out my SMS plan online

----------------------------------Incl--------Used-----Remain--Additl Used
    WIRELESS WEB MESSAGES------UNLIMITED----157-------0-------17
    CASUAL SMS TEXT MESSAGING------0---------185-------0-------185

Little did I realize that all the "Unlimited" text messaging I did on my 650 is not the same as on the 700p. The Sprint Rep says "New Technology... blah blah blah" EXTRA COST for text messaging. I was almost going to get charged .10 for each Casual SMS Text Messaging. I had to add on the additional plan for SMS.

Check it out online folks... if you have upgraded from the other Treo's... SMS is now an additional cost!
    I was able to get unlimited text messaging for $5, its worth a try for those that text a lot.
    I've been going 'round and 'round with Sprint, too over this Sprint TV BS. NO ONE knows exactly which channels you're supposed to get with the Ultimate Pack. I called three times and the problem was bumped up to the engineering dept. which called back and said my problem was fixed. They changed nothing. I still don't know exactly which channels I'm supoosed to get. Arrrggghh.
    We're in the same position, sndtubes. We called and emailed last night, and obviously, got 2 different answers. Right now, we're just going to wait until the bill comes next month and argue with them on it.
    i was able to get unlimited text messaging free for two year after that i would have to pay $8.

but,

At first I was able to get 500 text messaging for free a month but told them it would not be enough i am doing over 800 a month
    First They didnt give me the Power Vision unlimited for $15 ( VS $25) after a long discusion and put on hold to talk to a manager they gave it to me . ( I was told by retentions that was what I was getting and the Service Rep even said it was in the notes. But she kept saying you cant get The Unlimited Power vision for $15 "We just dont do that")

Then I had no access to the Sprint TV Unlimited 50 package. After a few calls it is now on my Treo and its free.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    I've been going 'round and 'round with Sprint, too over this Sprint TV BS. NO ONE knows exactly which channels you're supposed to get with the Ultimate Pack. I called three times and the problem was bumped up to the engineering dept. which called back and said my problem was fixed. They changed nothing. I still don't know exactly which channels I'm supoosed to get. Arrrggghh.
    Go to http://powervision.sprint.com/home.html

Under “How do I get Sprint Power Vision” you can see the channel lineup for each pack.

Ultimate includes Abc News Now, Sirius Hits, NFL, Fox Sports. Fuel TV, Fuse, Fashion TV, Fox News, Weather Channel, NBC, Discovery, ESPN, Comedy Time, Music Choice, TLC, Toon World, and Animal Planet.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...=multimedia192

says it includes Looney Tunes as well. I too "purchased" Ultimate (and later Looney Tunes) and have charges for $7.95 on each phone (have 2 phones.) Sprint removed those charges and I'm currently sitting on a tech support ticket to "fix" the problem so I am not billed.

My bill actually says Sprint Vision Plus (but is charged for Ultimate which CS said I had.) Checked my wife's phone today and saw somehow she now has Ultimate AND Plus (I still have Ultimate.) Sigh. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of this.

Both CS and TS have been very nice and apologetic. Now if only they could get their act together...

Oh, they also owe me the $300 service credit for the 2 phones. That is currently escalated as well.
    It seems that they don't have the Sprint TV service really working properly yet. My Sprint TV is all screwed up as well. I am missing several channels that are supposed to be included. Their solution? Turn the phone off and turn it back on again. After that didn't work I spent 30 minutes on hold while being transfered to a "Treo expert" and I finally hung up. I'll try back again on Monday. It's not that I care so much about those channels, but if they are included in the plan I am paying for, then I should have them, end of story.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    It seems that they don't have the Sprint TV service really working properly yet. My Sprint TV is all screwed up as well. I am missing several channels that are supposed to be included. Their solution? Turn the phone off and turn it back on again. After that didn't work I spent 30 minutes on hold while being transfered to a "Treo expert" and I finally hung up. I'll try back again on Monday. It's not that I care so much about those channels, but if they are included in the plan I am paying for, then I should have them, end of story.
    All this $^&% people are enduring regarding the EVDO "upgrade" in the 700p is the first time I've actually been happy I don't have a 700p yet. "Power Vision" has some advantages, but on phones it seems like such a minor upgrade but a majorly expensive P.I.T.A. for such a seemingly small improvement.

Hell, give me the 700p *WITHOUT* EVDO - no service changes, gimme the RAM necessary to function without locks and crashes, the improved browser and a few decent extra applications (albeit crippled). Leave it to Sprint to take an opportunity like people pounding down their glass doors to buy this phone on their service and turn it into confusing contracts and trying to sell unnecessary services because it's "new technology."

In the overall scheme of things, the Power Vision adds very little to the functionality of most phones. If the technology is so "new" then find a way to just connect at the straight "Vision" speeds and leave us on the old understandable and affordable plans.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Welcome to life on the bleeding edge!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by gilroykilroy
    http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...=multimedia192

says it includes Looney Tunes as well. I too "purchased" Ultimate (and later Looney Tunes) and have charges for $7.95 on each phone (have 2 phones.) Sprint removed those charges and I'm currently sitting on a tech support ticket to "fix" the problem so I am not billed.

I had this issue. Found out Ultimate has toon world not looney toones. That is a misprint . Looney toones is a pay channel. If you go to the Ultimate page as above you will see it does not list Looney Toones but Toon World ( Which sux) . After a long discusion with them they figured out that that was misprint and you cant get looney toones for free.

Here is the list for Ultimate.

Ultimate includes Abc News Now, Sirius Hits, NFL, Fox Sports. Fuel TV, Fuse, Fashion TV, Fox News, Weather Channel, NBC, Discovery, ESPN, Comedy Time, Music Choice, TLC, Toon World, and Animal Planet.
    Ah, but they don't have Animal Planet (they told me that was a misprint.)
  18.    #18  
    no way.... EVDO is awesome.....

Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    Hell, give me the 700p *WITHOUT* EVDO - no service changes, gimme the RAM necessary to function without locks and crashes, the improved browser and a few decent extra applications (albeit crippled). Leave it to Sprint to take an opportunity like people pounding down their glass doors to buy this phone on their service and turn it into confusing contracts and trying to sell unnecessary services because it's "new technology."

In the overall scheme of things, the Power Vision adds very little to the functionality of most phones. If the technology is so "new" then find a way to just connect at the straight "Vision" speeds and leave us on the old understandable and affordable plans.
  19.    #19  
    another update.... of course, they screwed up my bill again.... this time, they billed me again for the sprint tv ultimate, plus, and live for $22.89, on top of the $25 sprint ultimate vision pack.... got into another arguement with the CS rep, who got me to a manager, then the manager wouldn't do anything....

I told them just to cancel all my 3 lines with them, so I was transferred to retentions... I have to say, the ONLY way to talk to anyone with over half a brain over there at sprint is to just get to retentions....

the person was very nice and understading, gave me a few credits and took care of everything... even got a permanent "forever" monthly credit....

BTW, I have given up on sprint TV, I lowered my service plan from ultimate to regular power vision and just subscribted to MobiTV...

I know that MobiTV provides the services to sprint, buy using MobiTV is actually MUCH better than sprint tv in terms of quality.... less pixelation and dropouts and easier to navigate the interafce/channels....
    After reading the posts on this thread, I'm glad I'm sticking with my T650 for another year and waiting 'till Sprint gets its act together. By then, everything should be refined and the deals will hopefully be of better quality.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast