Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ok... HOTSYNC via Bluetooth works flawlessly. For this I'm glad.
    But now, utilizing the same Belkin Bluetooth Adapter on my Laptop, I want to be able to send pictures or video via the MENU/SEND option in Pics&Videos app. Or via FileZ's "SEND" option.
    When I click on SEND, it asks "Send With:" and I choose "BLUETOOTH" and it brings up my TRUSTED DEVICES list, of which my laptop's name is listed with the key icon next to it. I choose it "checkbox" and click OK.
    It says "Preparing file...."
    My Belkin laptop adapter then Lights up as if it sees the Treo trying to connect to it.
    But then the Treo says "UNABLE TO SEND TO:" And it lists the laptop's name.
    Same thing happens when I try to use FileZ.

It appears I'm missing something. I just dont know what. I feel like someone's going to respond and say "Hey newbie! You forgot to enable the _______". I hope so.

Just fyi... when I do a VIEW DEVICES IN RANGE from the laptop bluetooth app. and Right click the Treo icon, and click DISCOVER AVAILABLE SERVICES. My treo lights up as if it's being contacted, and the laptop lists out:
    DIAL UP NETWORKING
    VOICE GATEWAY

Hope that is enough info. ugh. I feel I'm close.... but no cigar.

thanks!
    What profiles does your BT adaptor support?

And look here http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

Perhaps your BT adadptor on your laptop is incompatible with the 700p.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Well, the PALM website says that the "belkin adapter" is supported. I checked before i went out and bought it. I have to think that if the Hotsync works flawless with bluetooth, that the file xfer should be supported to? It just seems like there is something not enabled.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Sorry, forgot to answer you first question.
    The belkin supports:

My Activsync
    Dial up Networking
    My FileZ (Used to say My File Transfer but I changed it during trying to figure out the problem)
    My Network Access
    My PIM Synchronization
    My Audio Gateway
    My Fax
    My Headset
    My PIM Item Transfer
    DISCOVER AVAILABLE SERVICES. My treo lights up as if it's being contacted, and the laptop lists out:
    DIAL UP NETWORKING
    VOICE GATEWAY
    I didn't read this part of your post before.... it seems your BT adaptor is not recognizing your Treo's OBEX profile (that's what is used to send files).

First I suggest restarting both the Treo and the laptop, then re-pair the two to each other and try again. If it doesn't work, try uninstalling your BT device and software, restarting, and then re-installing it.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ok... Just so you know where I am... I re-config'd the BT on laptop & treo... it has the OBEX in the list of services now. However, still same problem "Unable to send to:" TREO. Hotsync still works like a charm. My BT adapter is a F8T103v. Hate to uninstall but if thats the only option, i'll go there.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Another bit of info. If i right-click Bluetooth icon on laptop, then click QUICK CONNECT and click FILE TRANSFER, FIND DEVICES... it finds my TREO, i highlight it and click OPEN. And it tries, (Belkin BT adapter lights blinking) and pops up a message: "SERVICE FILE TRANSFER IS NOT FOUND ON DEVICE TREO"
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    FYI.... I am able to xfer from TREO to PC via Infrared. Dont know if that makes any difference, doubt it, but i figure the more info the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray
    Another bit of info. If i right-click Bluetooth icon on laptop, then click QUICK CONNECT and click FILE TRANSFER, FIND DEVICES... it finds my TREO, i highlight it and click OPEN. And it tries, (Belkin BT adapter lights blinking) and pops up a message: "SERVICE FILE TRANSFER IS NOT FOUND ON DEVICE TREO"
    I have a knockoff I got on eBay, but I have the same exact issue that you are describing. I can hotsync and beam business cards, but not pictures.

I also tried to send a photo to my 700p from windows "Send To -> Bluetooth ->Treo". The treo acknowledged that the PC was connecting to it, but never made the connection.

EDIT: From my PC, I opened "My Bluetooth Places" where it displayed my Treo in the devices list. I dragged a photo on my treo's device icon and the photo transferred over. Now I just need to figure out how to send from the Treo to the PC.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/10/2006 at 11:47 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    It's saying that because the Treo does not support the FTP profile.

The only thing I can think of at this point would be to try a different BT adaptor, and if possible, try and find a different BT device (like someone else's phone) and try sending stuff to that device.
    Hmmm...just a shot in the dark here, but are you sure the OBEX services is enabled on your desktop for the Treo?

If that doesn't work, then as last resort you can checkout BlueFiles and Bluetooth Commander from softick which should support this on the Treo...

http://www.softick.com/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hmmm...just a shot in the dark here, but are you sure the OBEX services is enabled on your desktop for the Treo?

If that doesn't work, then as last resort you can checkout BlueFiles and Bluetooth Commander from softick which should support this on the Treo...

http://www.softick.com/
    Trevante: I was thinking that since the previous version of the Belkin was supported (per the TREO PALM website for supported bluetooth adapters), it would mean that the version after that one, would also be supported. I guess I could be wrong ofcourse, I guess they could have changed something.

GfunkMagic: Sorry if this is a newbie question... but how does one check to see if the OBEX services is enabled on the "desktop" for the treo? (The FILE TRANSFER Service is indeed enabled. Not sure if thats what you mean).

Stroths: Btw... same thing for me. I just tried dropping a *.txt file on my bluetooth places in the laptop, and bingbangboom, the file xferred from laptop to Treo. As you... my problem seems to be, how to xfer TREO to LAPTOP.

I appreciate everyones continued assistance.
    Last edited by jmeray; 06/10/2006 at 10:54 PM.
    In my Bluetooth setup with my laptop, the services have to be enabled. After that, I can most or do whatever I need to do. Ben
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I've attached a screenshot of my Bluetooth LOCAL SERVICES. If I am understanding correctly, I do have FILE TRANSFER setup correctly on the laptop.
    And just a reminder... I can click on a file on the laptop, click SEND TO, click BLUETOOTH, click TREO, and it will send the file to my treo (although I'd love to be able to tell it WHERE to put the file on my treo instead of where it's putting it, it does xfer successfully).

So it seems PC to TREO file xfer works great.
    Hotsync works great.
    TREO to LAPTOP File xfer does not work. Since the treo is made to xfer pics & videos via SEND on BLUETOOTH, I have to think it's not the TREO itself.
    But since the Bluetooth adapter has a service for FILE TRANSFER, it also makes me think its not the laptop.

Remaining calm. Any additional assistance is welcomed!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GfunkMagic: Sorry if this is a newbie question... but how does one check to see if the OBEX services is enabled on the "desktop" for the treo? (The FILE TRANSFER Service is indeed enabled. Not sure if thats what you mean).

To check if OBEX is enabled: right click on the BT icon in the right corner of the task bar on XP > show bluetooth devices > select Treo > properties > services.

That should show all the services enabled for the BT device...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've attached a screenshot of my Bluetooth LOCAL SERVICES. If I am understanding correctly, I do have FILE TRANSFER setup correctly on the laptop.
    And just a reminder... I can click on a file on the laptop, click SEND TO, click BLUETOOTH, click TREO, and it will send the file to my treo (although I'd love to be able to tell it WHERE to put the file on my treo instead of where it's putting it, it does xfer successfully).

So it seems PC to TREO file xfer works great.
    Hotsync works great.
    TREO to LAPTOP File xfer does not work. Since the treo is made to xfer pics & videos via SEND on BLUETOOTH, I have to think it's not the TREO itself.
    But since the Bluetooth adapter has a service for FILE TRANSFER, it also makes me think its not the laptop.

Remaining calm. Any additional assistance is welcomed!
    Actually, it's not necessarily your Treo specifically, but rather the way Palm designed the Treo's BT file sending function. Most devices that send files via BT use the FTP profile. The Treo however, uses OBEX (Object Exchange), from which the FTP profile is based. Your BT adaptor is expecting your Treo to send files using BT FTP standards, but instead it's using OBEX standards, which is probably why you're having trouble sending files from the Treo to the laptop. I had similar troubles when trying to send a file from my friend's 650 to my A900. The A900 wanted to use FTP, but the Treo wanted to use OBEX.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what you can do, except to try a different BT adaptor.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses.
    The services i had were headset gateway, obex, and phone/modem.

Can anyone recommend a Blue Tooth Adapter for the laptop that definitely works with the Treo 700P for file xfer? I picked the belkin because te belkin is on the accepted palm list. I'd rather go buy one that someone else is able to use all of the features with.
    Hotsync works with the belkin.
    File xfer does not.
    Does anyone use a BT adapter where BOTH are working?
    If so... manufacturer and model please?

tks!!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ok... so i went out and bought a kensington BT adapter. Installed. Transfers files just fine. The big ticket here is that..... it uses the PIM ITEM TRANSFER service from the PC to accept the incoming file xfer. Kensington works great. Even as a modem and hotsync. I thought about trying the Belkin again, now that i know it uses the PIM. But after seeing everything work great, especially from 30ft... I think I'll just bring the Belkin back. tks for all the help!
    I am not sure how it is with a bluetooth adapter because I have bluetooth already on myaptop (SP2). But I have to right click on the bluetooth icon in the tray & select "receive file". It will not receive anything unless I clikc that first. I hope that helps.
    I also have a Kensington and it works flawlessly. From the Treo, enable Bluetooth, go to the file management program, tap send or whatever, select Bluetooth from the options and away it goes. It sure beats the heck out of the CompUSA one I purchased - it's the model with the antenna. Could not get it to do anything other than to recognize the Treo. Ben
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast