Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all, I just got a 700p and it's been awhile since I used my 650.

Can someone recommend a password program that works well with the 700p? Specifically, I'm looking at not installing the Palm Desktop software (although I will if I have to) since I'm using GoodLink.

I want to input my information on the desktop and then put the database file on my SD card so I can pull up the records on my Treo.

I'm looking at eWallet and SplashID. I don't think SplashID can do this and not sure about eWallet.

Thanks!
    SplashID can be run from the treo only - although you have to install the desktop app if you want to type in the user names and passwords to be stored on the PC. You do need the palm client for security, otherwise if you saved someting on the SD card which the Treo can open with native applications, anyone who finds or touches or steals your treo has access to all of them.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I use Datashield.
    access from desktop and treo.
    customizable
    good for paswwords Credit card info etc
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    eWallet. I've used this for years. Very useful with the desktop application. Not free though.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    SplashID from www.splashdata.com

The Best!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Anybody use PasswordsPlus? I have a registered copy but never used it. Is it a good program? Thinking about switching from SplashID since my bundled copy on the 600 will need to be registered for the 700P.

Anyone?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    SplashID can be run from the treo only - although you have to install the desktop app if you want to type in the user names and passwords to be stored on the PC. You do need the palm client for security, otherwise if you saved someting on the SD card which the Treo can open with native applications, anyone who finds or touches or steals your treo has access to all of them.
    ??Maybe I'm misreading this, but SplashID has fully functional Palm and Desktop versions. As far as I know, the db is encrypted and not casually readible on either platform. They syncing is very robust and I use the program on both platforms daily.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Love passwords plus... never has let me down and use to this day since my 600 on my 700p! On plam entry and PC or Mac entry.
    I use SplashID.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I use eWallet
    another for SplashID here..
    Quote Originally Posted by ckonkel
    Love passwords plus... never has let me down and use to this day since my 600 on my 700p! On plam entry and PC or Mac entry.
    Thanks. I'll try it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I was an eWallet user for years. But a few years back I went all Mac and didn't want to lose the desktop half of the application so I found Passwords Plus.

Outstanding application that I happen to like much better than eWallet.
    Which one let's you send an SMS that not only locks the Treo completely, but renders ALL data useless a pre-specified amount of time after said SMS is sent?

Because THAT'S the one I'm gonna buy!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I use Cryptinfo by Normsoft. Works great although it's no longer supported. The only negative is no 5-way support.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Which one let's you send an SMS that not only locks the Treo completely, but renders ALL data useless a pre-specified amount of time after said SMS is sent?

Because THAT'S the one I'm gonna buy!!!
    It's not a security/password app per se, but recent versions of Butler from Hobbyist Software include this kind of SMS-based "remote lock" functionality, with the ability to wipe all data from RAM and SD card if so desired.

--John

P.S. Of course, it'd be even cooler if you could make it play, "This Treo will self-destruct in 5... 4... 3..." and make smoke come out of the SD slot, but we can't have everything.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Cast another vote for SplashID.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett
    It's not a security/password app per se, but recent versions of Butler from Hobbyist Software include this kind of SMS-based "remote lock" functionality, with the ability to wipe all data from RAM and SD card if so desired.
    Anyone know anything about Butler's 700p update? I've heard it's not compatible with the 700p so I haven't put it on. I checked out their site but there was no beta or any info about update/release.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    ...yet another for Splash ID... never failed me
    -jscott
    I use SplashID and am relatively happy. I am disappointed that when I get a warning after Hotsync that a record was duplicated and I should delete one copy of it, it doesn't tell me which record and there is no easy way to search. I e-mailed the company and they couldn't help me.

Also, I had to reformat my desktop hard drive recently so, as a precaution, I exported my SplashID database to a csv file. It had a newer version than what was on my Treo and I didn't want to lose the info. When I restored that csv file, all my custom headings and icons were gone. It has been a pain recreating them.

That are my only gripes - otherwise I am satisfied with it.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast