Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone point me to a Y adapter with a male 2.5mm connector on one end and two female 2.5mm connectors on the other end? It needs to be 3 connector/stero to work with the Treo. I got one from Radio Shack, but it is kind of bulky/heavy. I was looking for Y cable vs. a plastic block.

    There are tons of these adapters for 3.5mm, but I can't find much for stero 2.5mm.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Can anyone point me to a Y adapter with a male 2.5mm connector on one end and two female 2.5mm connectors on the other end? It needs to be 3 connector/stero to work with the Treo. I got one from Radio Shack, but it is kind of bulky/heavy. I was looking for Y cable vs. a plastic block.

    There are tons of these adapters for 3.5mm, but I can't find much for stero 2.5mm.
    What is the application for ?

    Seidio will consider doing this if there is a good application.

    David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  3.    #3  
    The application is for the car so that I can play Aeroplayer through my car speakers and have a wired headset attached at the same time. This would be a great Seidio product. From what I read other people have a similar need.

    Let me know if you need any more explaination.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4.    #4  
    The is functionally what I need
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

    But a Y cable would work better. Plus the male connector on the RS adapter does not fit securely on the Treo.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    The is functionally what I need
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

    But a Y cable would work better. Plus the male connector on the RS adapter does not fit securely on the Treo.
    Will this require one 2.5 mm female and one 3.5 mm female instead of both 2.5 mm female ?

    Seidio plans to take on this project, but I need the clarification.


    David Chang
    Seidio
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Will this require one 2.5 mm female and one 3.5 mm female instead of both 2.5 mm female ?

    Seidio plans to take on this project, but I need the clarification.


    David Chang
    Seidio
    One 2.5mm female and one 3.5mm female connector would be perfect. Then I can attached my headet with 2.5mm and car connector with 3.5mm directly. That is the perfect set up for my needs.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    One 2.5mm female and one 3.5mm female connector would be perfect. Then I can attached my headet with 2.5mm and car connector with 3.5mm directly. That is the perfect set up for my needs.
    The one you are looking for is similar like this ?

    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=349

    But do not buy this one, this one is for PPC 6700 not for Treo .

    David Chang
  8. #8  
    If you are interested in this Y adaptor, please post here so I know how popular this item is going to be .


    David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  9. #9  
    I would definitely buy a product like this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    The one you are looking for is similar like this ?

    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=349

    But do not buy this one, this one is for PPC 6700 not for Treo .

    David Chang
    The link above is close to the product that I want. However, instead of a MIC input I want a 2.5mm headset input/out. The other jack is for 3.5mm output only.

    Let me know when I can beta test a product like this for you.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  11.    #11  
    David from Seidio: Any esitimate time of arrival for this new Y adapter cable? Will it be 2.5mm female for the headset and 3.5mm for the audio output?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  12. #12  
    Seidio does not plan to produce this product until we know the good demand is there.


    Seidio
  13.    #13  
    If you look at all the people who talk about hooking up their Treo to their car's audio system through a cassette adapter, FM modulator or directly wired than I think you will see a good market for this type of cable.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)

Posting Permissions