Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I searched for a 'best launcher for the 700P' thread but came up empty...so please call off the 'Search-First' tyrants!!

So, what do you guys think is the best, least-problematic, least buggy, most-compatible-with 3rd party launcher for the 700P? I am trying very hard to keep the 700P as vanilla as possible however I do like some bells and whistles.

Thanks for any positive input!!

SMEGGIE
    Last edited by SMEGGIE; 06/09/2006 at 01:10 PM.
    Ispin
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I vote ispin 1.8 too anyday they will be releasing a new version
    No question about it "Initiate"
    Any problems using ispin with the 700p and does the home only work with LudusP?
    Zlauncher
    silverscreen
    Jimmie Geddes
    ispin does work on the 700, I'm using ludusp for the home button issue. ispin gives a real win xp look and folder structure that is simple and powerful. it took a little studying to use all the features, but I like it more than zlauncher, launcherx, or any of the others that have been out there for years. price is right too.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Kind of a broad spectrum question, very subjective. That is why they call it a Personal Digital Assistant. You have to try everything for yourself before you make the decision.
    maybe i'll try other launchers later, but for now hi-launcher gets exclusive use on my 700p.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Stock launcher + hi-launcher for now. After being a long time LauncherX user, I got tired of the lag when hitting the home button. Now with the 700p, a lot of my mostly used apps sit in RAM (and I still have 45+MBs free).

Dunno, like jayzee says, it's a personal choice.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Stock launcher + hi-launcher for now. After being a long time LauncherX user, I got tired of the lag when hitting the home button. Now with the 700p, a lot of my mostly used apps sit in RAM (and I still have 45+MBs free).

Dunno, like jayzee says, it's a personal choice.
    LauncherX will be re-released on officially on Monday.

The performance has been improved by orders of magnitude and support for the Treo line has been added.

Download it Here

Jeff
    ZLauncher + Hi-Launcher have been very good to me on my Treos. I don't use ZLauncher's QuickLaunch because it's not as customizable as Hi-Launcher. Once all ZLauncher issues are addressed (speed and performance-wise), it will be great again.
    Resco Explorer and Hi Launcher for me. You really need to demo everything people are recommending and see what works for you. They are all good launchers, it all depends on your needs.
    Launcher X. Its in beta for the 700p and a much faster version will be released Monday (or sooner)
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    but doesn't launcherx reset then phone
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Zlauncher, hands down.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Launcher X. Its in beta for the 700p and a much faster version will be released Monday (or sooner)
    Thanks for all of your posts! Keep 'em coming, please!!

I have now tried most of the aforementioned launchers (thanks again!) and have - at least temporarily - settled on an old favorite of mine: LauncherX. (No resets thus far, BTW)

The current release is LauncherX v1.2.11 and it appears to work everywhere I have tried EXCEPT the 'hide categories' functionality. Other than that, it is aesthetically pleasing and is worlds better than the inherent POS that Palm still bundles with their units. And, at 458KB, it is much smaller than say, the overbloated ZLauncher.

Thanks again!!

SMEGGIE
    Launcher X is still the "Platinum" choice for me... no resets on my 700p and just looks great!

Jeff G and his team did a great job and I'm betting v2.0 is a couple months will be even better.
    -jscott
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    The current release is LauncherX v1.2.11 and it appears to work everywhere I have tried EXCEPT the 'hide categories' functionality. Other than that, it is aesthetically pleasing and is worlds better than the inherent POS that Palm still bundles with their units. And, at 458KB, it is much smaller than say, the overbloated ZLauncher.

Thanks again!!

SMEGGIE
    What issues are you having with the Hide Categories? It is working on all of my test devices.

Jeff
    support @ GoTreoSoftware.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast