Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #21  
    ZLauncher for me.
  2. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    What issues are you having with the Hide Categories? It is working on all of my test devices.

    Jeff
    support @ GoTreoSoftware.com
    I was just about to post about the hide categories (which are in fact working as advertised, BTW (I hadn't seen the Hide Categories Menu)) when I hit my Home button to go back to the launcher and...I white-screened - twice - both when using the Home button to go back to LauncherX from an app launch within LX.

    Any ideas?


    SMEGGIE
  3. #23  
    Jeff, if you're in charge of launcherX, I had an issue (haven't tried 1.2, so I don't know if it's been resolved) where if you had a directory that was too long on the SD card, when you dragged an icon to the SD card to move it, the Treo would crash. Directory in question is "TomTom New_England_And_Mid-Atlantic Map". TomTom doesn't work if you change its name. Anyhoo, should be an easy fix.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  4. #24  
    Zlauncher is great, if a little to complicated. I was never a big fan of silver screen, it always left that little white halo around your background pic's.
  5. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #25  
    Zlauncher is complicated. I installed it on PDA's three or four times before I finally kept it.

    You just have to keep at it until you get it customized and working the way you like.

    My adivice to soemone who wants to try it; download the trial version and get theme, icons, and background from the 1src freeware section. Here's the links:

    http://www.1src.com/freeware/index.php?cid=83

    http://www.1src.com/freeware/index.php?cid=95
  6. #26  
    LaucherX definitely. Does everything you could want yet isn't bloatware, looks good and stays out of your way.
  7. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    I was just about to post about the hide categories (which are in fact working as advertised, BTW (I hadn't seen the Hide Categories Menu)) when I hit my Home button to go back to the launcher and...I white-screened - twice - both when using the Home button to go back to LauncherX from an app launch within LX.

    Any ideas?


    SMEGGIE
    I know this isn't a bug posting thread but here's another challenge I am having with LauncherX:

    When I first loaded it, I added some tabs and moved the corresponding software into the corresponding tab. Since the WhiteScreen episode, none of the apps I am moving to now, just the standard tabs are staying there. Everything falls back to the Apps tab. I've tried to use the inherent tabs without adding any and the problem remains the same.


    SMEGGIE
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    I know this isn't a bug posting thread but here's another challenge I am having with LauncherX:

    When I first loaded it, I added some tabs and moved the corresponding software into the corresponding tab. Since the WhiteScreen episode, none of the apps I am moving to now, just the standard tabs are staying there. Everything falls back to the Apps tab. I've tried to use the inherent tabs without adding any and the problem remains the same.


    SMEGGIE
    When on the APPS tab, press Menu then select "Edit this Category". Click the Advanced tab and remove the check mark from "Show All Apps".
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  9. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    When on the APPS tab, press Menu then select "Edit this Category". Click the Advanced tab and remove the check mark from "Show All Apps".
    Thanks, but it's not checked on any of the tabs.


    SMEGGIE
  10. #30  
    Z launcher.
  11. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #31  
    I just spent a great deal of time installing the latest version of LauncherX (LauncherXv1.2.14.prc) and I still can't get my apps to stay with their corresponding tabs as they all default back to the Apps tab whenever I leave LauncherX to go into an app.

    Where I wish I could get paid for Beta'ing full time, I am out of time and patience today - so it's coming off for now...

    Let me know when it's ready for Primetime.


    SMEGGIE
  12. #32  
    Launcher X; works great on my 700p, and no, it doesn't cause any restarts.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    I just spent a great deal of time installing the latest version of LauncherX (LauncherXv1.2.14.prc) and I still can't get my apps to stay with their corresponding tabs as they all default back to the Apps tab whenever I leave LauncherX to go into an app.

    Where I wish I could get paid for Beta'ing full time, I am out of time and patience today - so it's coming off for now...

    Let me know when it's ready for Primetime.

    SMEGGIE
    Hmm... That aspect of LauncherX has worked for years with no problem. I personally have lots of apps categorized in multiple tabs and they stay where I put them. And, yes, I am running 1.2.14 on a Treo 700p too.

    By default the 'Apps' tab has the 'Show All Apps' setting turned on in its advanced properties and it sounds like you still have it turned on. I know you already checked but I would suggest that you check again. Remember, you need to select 'Edit This Category' while on the Apps tab itself.

    If that still doesn't work then you could always simply hide the Apps tab.
  14. #34  
    I had LauncherXv1.2.9.prc installed and was testing. Started trying out ZLauncher. Was just getting used to it when I decided to try LauncherXv1.2.14.prc. It caused same problem Smeggie described. Guess I'll try LauncherXv1.2.9.prc again.
  15. #35  
    I am having the same problem Smeggie and todivefor are experiencing.... All changes get lost and everything falls back to teh Apps category.
  16. #36  
    I tried Launcher X but my 700 seemed to have a lot of lag. I did not attribute this to the Launcher but wasn't sure. I decided to do a hard reset and try the 700 with nothing installed, just the stock programs. Well, all the lag went away and seems to be very fast. I am afraid to install the launcher as this may bring back the lag. Any comments in this area?
  17. #37  
    Same problem here, I will wait a little longer and then reinstall.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane
    I tried Launcher X but my 700 seemed to have a lot of lag. I did not attribute this to the Launcher but wasn't sure. I decided to do a hard reset and try the 700 with nothing installed, just the stock programs. Well, all the lag went away and seems to be very fast. I am afraid to install the launcher as this may bring back the lag. Any comments in this area?
    Install version 1.2.14 and you will see a very nice improvement in speed! Especially if you select the "manual" update preferences option in Launcher X.

    Jeff
  19. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Install version 1.2.14 and you will see a very nice improvement in speed! Especially if you select the "manual" update preferences option in Launcher X.

    Jeff
    Install version 1.2.15 and it corrects most-if-not-all issues.

    (YAY!)


    SMEGGIE
  20. #40  
    Again, great job with LX Jeff... thx a bunch!
    -jscott
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions