1.    #1  
    Just got my 700p last week. For the first week, I have been getting between 300k - 378k (benchmarked on http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed). Starting last night after I added the BroadbandConnect Plan so I can tether my treo to my laptop, I am starting to get 88k - 190k.

I have tried:
    - soft reset
    -hard reset
    - updated roaming list
    - set the blazer browser to clear cache on close

I did the speed tests at night, morning and day, still with no differences. What gives?? Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Are you tethering via BT or USB?
    Quote Originally Posted by GameFace02
    Just got my 700p last week. For the first week, I have been getting between 300k - 378k (benchmarked on http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed). Starting last night after I added the BroadbandConnect Plan so I can tether my treo to my laptop, I am starting to get 88k - 190k....I did the speed tests at night, morning and day, still with no differences. What gives?? Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    I think people are putting way too much value into dslreport speedtests.

There are simply too many variables like server load, your location, network congestion, etc. to be of any value other than rough guaging your average speed.

Having said that, as previous poster said, Treo BT stack is not well equipped to keep up with EVDO speed. Try the USB and let us know what kind of speed you get?
  4.    #4  
    I meant, I thought maybe after adding the broadband connect, the rep did something wrong on my account.. Maybe not..

I am benchmarking speed on my 700p it self, without BT or USB to my laptop.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GameFace02
    I meant, I thought maybe after adding the broadband connect, the rep did something wrong on my account.. Maybe not..

I am benchmarking speed on my 700p it self, without BT or USB to my laptop.
    Ah. I would definitely call Verizon and have them reset your account. Try it again. If you are still getting slower speeds on the 700p (remember to clear the cache before every test and click the "click now" link as soon as it appears), try cancelling the extra $15 tether plan to see if your speed returns.

I wouldn't put it past Verizon to cap your EVDO speed if you plan to tether your 700p, since USB tethering speeds can be much higher than the 300-700kbps they promise.

P.S. I noticed that I'm getting slower EVDO speeds today than normal.....maybe it's a system thing, and your adding the additional plan is just a coincidence......
    If your problem is today, I'm noticing much much slower speeds today than yesterday.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680