Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Question please...sorry if asked before.

How do I change my HA address from 76 to 77 ? This setting is locked and is asking for a password. I too want faster speed! Thanks! Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Question please...sorry if asked before.

How do I change my HA address from 76 to 77 ? This setting is locked and is asking for a password. I too want faster speed! Thanks! Casey
    You need to call Sprint to get your MSL Unlock code, info is posted in one of these threads..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I'm sitting at the vets office about 1-2 miles from my apartment with full reception and am now getting speeds of 300kb and up. averaging around 310. this is in the orlando area right by full sail for those who know
    68.28.153.76 - 68.28.145.76 these are my HA by the way
    Folks,

In don't think the HA thing has anything to do with speeds. I tested a 6700 4 months ago and found it to be faster, but there were probably a lot less people using PV back then. With the 700P tethered with PDANet I have gotten anywhere between 250 and 1.1 around the country on DSL reports.

It is always fast enough for me to get e-mails and surf. These speed tests don't measure everything. Latency is bad with PV but speed is good.

YMMV -- enjoy what you have: $15 for this type of speed and a 700P is really great. Speeds vary greatly during every test. It always works...

Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri
    I am in Miami Beach. I called the Sprint Treo hotline (direct access to people who have some clue) 877 573-8143 this morning and complained about my speed. I said I was getting 175k when I was in fact getting about 300k speeds. The gentleman walked me through a simple process whereby he updated my unit remotely (about 10 minutes).

Since that remote update, my speeds have run at 406/354/396/434/365/359 (using DSL reports mspeed @600k file). the IP's are: 68.28.145.77 and 68.28.153.77

I don't know what they did, but it worked for me. My experience in the past with my 650 was that other markets (e.g. Las Vegas) were noticable faster than the Miami area.

Hope this helps some of you...
    I might have to call them and see. I'm in Miami as well and average anywhere between 200 & 300 kbps. My HAs are 113.76 and 121.76, prolly cuz I have a DC number.

What I would like to know is if VZW 700ps are also having this problem. The speed tests done on my friend's 700w are usually in the 600 range so looking at that test right there it's either the network or the phone's OS.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    These people better help/call me soon
    Have they called you back yet? Any improvement?
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    I started playing around with this because Orb was just not working. I would get insufficent bandwidth errors all of the time and get 1 frame every 5 seconds. Ridiculous. After doing speed tests, I was getting around 200 kbps which in my opinion is terrible and is not what is advertised. I'm not happy. So far, every HA I've tried gives about the same results. I've tried different HA's with worse results. There is apparently either something wrong with our Treo's or with the Sprint network or both. This just isn't right.
    Have you found anything out ?
    I have the same problem as you, I was trying orb with my treo 700p on sprint and my friend just purchased a 700w on verizon and I connected to my orb site and tried to play some videos and it was terriable !!! I than got on my friends 700w and connected to my orb and the same video and it was perfect !! the show never skipped once . there is something wrong with the sprint evdo network unless its the phone ? I would be good if some one on the verizon network with a 700p is having the same problems
    I would really like this to be fixed it should not be this slow...
    What is the speed soposta be ?
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Have they called you back yet? Any improvement?
    NO, not at all. I'll give 'em until Wed, then I'll call back

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    i think i am going to go back to the 700w!!
    Really what we need to do is to try checking the speeds on a VZW 700p. If those are faster then it's something with Sprint. If they're about the same then it's something with Palm OS. If that's the case then switching HAs all night long won't change anything.
    You know what the problem could be? DSL reports. I've noticed when doing a speed test, say the 600KB one, it will download 600.5 KB and sit there for a few seconds, then when it says 600.7 KB the "finished page load!" thing will pop up. Those couple of seconds its sitting there counts against us in our speed tests.

I did the test at www.easynews.com/trace and got between 1Mbit and 2Mbit, which would be on par with what other Sprint phones are getting when tethered to computers or PDAs. Right after I did the 600KB test at DSL Reports and it sat at 600.5 KB before finally going to 600.7 KB and saying the test was finished. As a result I got 200 kb/sec. Now a test I want to do to verify is to try this website on a 700w and a vzw 700p (as well as the dslreports test on a vzw 700p).

This is all just a guess. Did I read somewhere that even when tethered to the Treo people were still getting the slower speeds?
    I disagree,
    why would my friends verizon 700w work so well with my orb than my 70p on sprint
    and I am sick over my wifes 650 being faster than my 700p
    I wounder if its possable that i'm connecting on the vision network instead of the powervision ?
    could that bee...

and I agree with you
    we really need someone with a 700p on verizon to post some results on this page
    I also get the same speeds on the tests on other websites like
    www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest
    so I think the results are true
    could it possaby be SPRINTS netwrok that is much slower than verizons ??
    When the Verizon 700W first came out, a friend bought one, and I had a chance to check out the speed using DSL Reports. The Verizon 700w got something in the range of 300 Kbit/sec, which was blazing fast compared to my old Sprint Treo 650, which was averaging between 75-90 Kbit/sec. Even a friend's Cingular brand Treo 650 was averaging nearly 2x faster than my Sprint Treo 650.

Now that I have a Sprint 700p, I'm only getting around 150+ Kbit/sec, which although faster than my Sprint Treo 650, it doesn't seem to live up to the promise land ads of DSL/broadband speeds. Is the HA address really the determining factor? HA 76 means slow, and HA 77 means fast?? I seem to be reading different opinions on this.

I haven't gotten around to calling Sprint yet to try to change my HA number, but I will soon. I always dread calling Sprint, because it takes awhile to connect to a "real" person, and it's always a hit or miss deal. In my mind, I always have to allot at least a half hour to do any problem solving with any Sprint rep!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    When the Verizon 700W first came out, a friend bought one, and I had a chance to check out the speed using DSL Reports. The Verizon 700w got something in the range of 300 Kbit/sec, which was blazing fast compared to my old Sprint Treo 650, which was averaging between 75-90 Kbit/sec. Even a friend's Cingular brand Treo 650 was averaging nearly 2x faster than my Sprint Treo 650.

Now that I have a Sprint 700p, I'm only getting around 150+ Kbit/sec, which although faster than my Sprint Treo 650, it doesn't seem to live up to the promise land ads of DSL/broadband speeds. Is the HA address really the determining factor? HA 76 means slow, and HA 77 means fast?? I seem to be reading different opinions on this.

I haven't gotten around to calling Sprint yet to try to change my HA number, but I will soon. I always dread calling Sprint, because it takes awhile to connect to a "real" person, and it's always a hit or miss deal. In my mind, I always have to allot at least a half hour to do any problem solving with any Sprint rep!
    EVERYBODY REPEAT AFTER ME: DSL REPORTS IS NOT AN ACCURATE MEASURE OF SPEED TESTING ON THE TREO BECAUSE OF THE WAY BLAZER LOADS WEB PAGES. I guarantee your speeds are something more like 400-500 kbit/sec but because blazer sits and farts there for a while after loading the page the average speed is slowed down.
    700p on VZW, and I was getting anywhere between 111 to 168 kbps using dslreports.com/mspeed and downloadplace.com/speedtest.

I contacted VZW today and they said to use http://www.2wire.com.

I tried it and read 912.8, 761.2, 762.6, and 983.1 kbps.
    NOTE: I cleared cookies and cache after each attempt.

Please see this other thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=1&pp=20

I just checked there and BeantownTreo600 seems to have done the same upon Sprint's advise. Comment #32 has a good explanation from the site.
    Last edited by fixit2new; 07/05/2006 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    OK I called sprint and they told be it was becasue I am on pcs vision not the power vision
    So I told them to change, they said it will take up to 4 hrs to provision the phone, I said ok and 4 hrs later I'm getting 850k from my phone WHHHHHHHHHhhhhhOOOOoooooo!!! I'm so happy now...
    I can't beleave that I was connecting to the vision network and now power vision
    I wounder if anyone that has slow speeds knows to check on their website and look at what plan they are useing ?
    I know I didn't look
    O.K., just got off the phone with the Sprint tech, VERY helpfull I may add. Looks like I'm running off a tower that is 3g and NOT updated to EvDO yet. So I have to wait for them to call me back within 48hrs. I mentioned to him about the HA #'s/code, he stated that was the SERVER # that we use to surf with Blazer/EvDO. He also said to many people on the same server CAN back it up, but he gave me my MSL code in case I wanted/needed it. This was best SPRINT tech I have ever spoken to in 9 years, I just hope the one who calls me back to fix it, is the same

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast