1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to get score downloads + news updates using TinyStocks Football 2006 or SK7 World Cup 2006? NOTE: I'm using Treo 650 w/T-Mobile Web $5.99 plan thru proxy backdoor. Basically, which port does this request enter?
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Nope!
    I'm watching Germany vs Costa Rica. It's 3-1 and still no score updates available from TinyStocks.
    But don't get me wrong... it's free software that I appreciate...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Oh... I see you are not sure if you need the proxy.
    Do you get any response when trying to update?
    If you have a successful server connection you should currently get a message like "The wait is almost over... blah blah blah..."
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Resco World cup is amazing really good app, not free but very good

http://www.resco.net/palm/wmmobil/default.asp
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    Resco World cup is amazing really good app, not free but very good

http://www.resco.net/palm/wmmobil/default.asp
    I have it bookmarked but wanted to try out the free TinyStocks first.
    Are you getting score updates with Resco's right now as the game is on? That would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroTreo
    Has anyone been able to get score downloads + news updates using TinyStocks Football 2006 or SK7 World Cup 2006? NOTE: I'm using Treo 650 w/T-Mobile Web $5.99 plan thru proxy backdoor. Basically, which port does this request enter?

TinyStocks worked fine!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Got the score update just after the game ended!

PS
    That was a glorious last goal!!!
    Sorry i didnt check half way through to see if it would i will on the next game and tell you my findings.

What a great opening game, and yes the last goal was fanastic
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr
    TinyStocks worked fine!
    I second that. Last goal was simply terrific.

But Germany was very strong throughout the game.

There is a new bot in Causerie being worked out which gives news about Fifa, schedules and statistics of each team.

Should see it by tomorrow.
    BTW,
    here another free WC 2006 app:

http://www.rodrigosoftware.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr
    BTW,
    here another free WC 2006 app:

http://www.rodrigosoftware.com/

Free, however it does not update at all, it expects you to input the score... which to me seems rather useless.
    Cingular 650/Sprint 650/Sprint 700p (All within one year.)
  12.    #12  
    I got it working. Used getmorespeed.t-mobile.com /8080 for proxy. Scores come in. + v1.09 is better with a better list of players.
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)
    You will only see updated scores in the Tinystocks and Resco apps *after* the game has finished. Not during the game.

Here's a neat trick though if you want to be updated during the match: fire up Blazer, use Google's Pda page (www.google.com/pda) and enter 'World Cup 2006' as your search query. The first result is the score during the match (including all statistics)
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    There's also a free Jabber bot for worldcup information here, fifaworldcup2006@swissjabber.ch.

Simply add it to your contact list, if you use a Jabber client, such as Chatopus or Causerie