Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Now that MS is making the Office 2007 beta2 available (http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev.../overview.mspx), does anyone know if Hotsync on the 700p works with office 12?
    Quote Originally Posted by opensecret
    Now that MS is making the Office 2007 beta2 available (http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev.../overview.mspx), does anyone know if Hotsync on the 700p works with office 12?
    Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you I have been waiting for this, I am downloading now and I will let you know what happens
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    You're welcome, you're welcome...

When you install the beta, if you choose the custom rather than the upgrade install, you can put the beta right alongside your existing Office applications. That seems like the safer choice, and so far Office 2003 and 2007 seem to coexist fine.

Except for Outlook. The instructions say that you can only install Outlook 12 as a replacement for the existing version of Outlook. I don't want to lose the ability to sync Outlook to my 700p, so for the moment I'm passing on Outlook 12.
    Thanks for the advice I am going to install outlook12 and if i run into problem I will revert back
    Treoing & Loving it
    this will work with office12

http://www.chapura.com/pm_standard_xt.php
    I have pocket mirro pro XT 4.0
    Treoing & Loving it
    i cannot seem to get a full download it stops at 436 mb? did you have any difficulty downloading the beta?
    Treoing & Loving it
    I have been running this for about two weeks... Sync works fine using the pocket mirror pro latest version... old version will not work and its $15 to upgrade... new outlook is sweet, but it crashes all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    I have been running this for about two weeks... Sync works fine using the pocket mirror pro latest version... old version will not work and its $15 to upgrade... new outlook is sweet, but it crashes all the time...
    Whic version did not work <v4, I have 4.0 and I don't want to have to install 4.1.1, their version history states that they started supporting Outlook 2007 in ver 4
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    The download went off without a hitch for me -- file size is 440MB, so you should be close. Word version is 12.0.4007.1006.

It turns out that even though I chose not to install Outlook 12, Outlook 2003 was knocked out of action. Co-existence may be tougher than I thought at first.
    it finally worked when i used IE instead of FireFox to download it. I isntalled (customized per your advice). It synced fine with Outlook 2007, I have Pocket mirror Pro XT 4.0.0 installed (reinstalled it after outlook just in case). Thanks again for bringing this to my attention, I like what i see so far in outlook (RSS feeds, better UI for Cal and contacts). I Haven't tried the rest of the apps yet, but soon i will.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    You might Try IE7 Beta Also, It's very Good
    been using IE7 for a while firefox is a tad bit faster though. I've done at least 10 syncs with outlook 07 (using pocket mirror pro xt ver 4.0.0) without any problem, it won't work without pocket mirror
    Treoing & Loving it
    Well outlook syncs but docs to go is broken, I guess i don't need it that much, here is the official word from dataviz
    "10. When will Documents To Go Support Office 2007 Formats?
    The 2007 Microsoft Office system Beta is released for evaluation and planning purposes only. Microsoft states this beta release is not appropriate for production use. While we do not know exactly when Microsoft will officially release Office 2007, we will do our best to offer Office 2007 support within Documents To Go when Microsoft does release Office 2007 or shortly thereafter. If you would like to be contacted once Documents To Go supports the 2007 formats please request "Office 2007 Support" on our feedback form."
    Treoing & Loving it