Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just put on the screen protector that came with my 700p...and its terrible. It looks like my screen is dirty, especially when the screen is off. It just...looks...BAD. Especially for such a classy, high priced item.

Are there any screen protectors that don't suck as much as this one?
    yes...I like the no glare ones.

check the treocentral store or boxwave.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy
    I just put on the screen protector that came with my 700p...and its terrible. It looks like my screen is dirty, especially when the screen is off. It just...looks...BAD. Especially for such a classy, high priced item.

Are there any screen protectors that don't suck as much as this one?
    if applied carefully it is great, i actually bought more from palm
    Treoing & Loving it
  4.    #4  
    do they bubble up like this one? I have a few bubles and I have no idea how the heck they got in there.

And I remember reading about some dude getting pissed because he always got ONE FREAKING PIECE of lint stuck on it...yeah...I feel ya man. I laughed when I saw it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    if applied carefully it is great, i actually bought more from palm

How do you apply it "carefully?" Because I was taking my sweet time with it making sure its all aligned and all that jazz...It makes me want to take it off right now...and I might...but I can't get my finger underneath it! AUGHH!
    I hated those, I ended up buying the 3-pack from treocentral and love it, I have only used one per palm it never seems to scratch where the one that came with the 650 and the 700 scratched and got lint under them. The bubbles, from my experience, will go away after a couple days, mine did.
    Get some Fellow protectors for $1.99 per pack!!

http://slickdeals.net/?sduid=49308&t...arriage=befree
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I use Martin Fields Overlay Plus screen protectors. I believe they have the best clarity/durability/bang for your buck. Sure, they are a little more, but when was the last time you got something really good for cheap? That's right - never.

It looks like they are out of stock right now but keep checking back because these are the best. (IMHO)

http://www.overlayplus.com/US/dis_pr...ln=Treo%20700p

SMEGGIE
  9.    #9  
    thanks guys!
    the one that came with the phone is AWEFUL! i can barely see through it. Boxwave is getting more business from me today.
  11.    #11  
    the one on treocentral looks like the best one to get. I like how it works and everything else. I think I'll get a pack of those whenever i decide to get the extended batter or case or osmething...

I removed it and reapplyed it with a card, and its better...still crappy.
    Yeah, those Palm branded protectors are crap. Buy some Boxwaves or Martin Fields.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hmm, I thought it was just me. I agree that the supplied screen saver with my new 700p is junk. And I already have a tiny pit in the sheet that attracts dirt, and all of the wrinkles from trying to remove the bubbles are all showing.
    if you have the brownish 700 screen then you should get clear protectors. I have both phones and the brownish screen is very grainy compaired to the blueish screen with the palm or fellows anti glare protectors. without the screen protectors then its fine. I put boxwave clear protectors and its looks very clean as if I don't have anything on it at all.
  15.    #15  
    mine does have somewhat of a brownish tint...I dont know if it bothers me...

I dont think it would if I hadn't of read it here. I might get it replaced since it does have a ringing hiss when the backlight is on. But I only hear it when the phone is up to my ear.
    Guys.... go REAL cheap.. I have been doing this for years all the way back to my Handspring Prism. I have tried multiple different screen protectors and IMHO none have compared to the clarity of this:

1) Go to Walmart fabric section. They usually have rolls of plastic. Get the thinnest kind (used to be 79 cents per square yard).

2) Make a template the size of your screen with cardboard or whatever.

3) Using an exacto (or just really sharp) knife, cut out a piece of plastic from your sheet to match your screen.

4) Apply to screen (adheres via static, but REALLY WELL). NEVER had one come off. You have to peel it off. NO ADHESIVE TO GUM THE THING UP. You WILL have to work it a bit to get the bubbles out, but it is worth it. Use a credit card or something to squeegie it on...

You will end up with a screen protector that is basically invisible.

Some added tweaks:

1) If you want to make sure you get no dust underneath, do all the steps above in a bathroom near a sinking running steamy hot water. Weighs down dust in the air and you'll get none on your screen or under the plastic.

2) If you want the plastic to feel as smooth as glass, get some spray silicon and a soft cloth (I use an old t-shirt). Spray some on the cloth, then rub vigorously on the screen protector after it has been applied. Will be indistinguishable from glass for a long time. Periodically re-apply to keep it silky smooth!

The cool thing about it? If you don't like how it turned out? Just cut out another one and start over! It's only 79 cents PER SQUARE YARD, remember? LOL

Sounds crazy, but dang it, it works and like I said after trying about 5 different screen protectors over the years, I always end up back at this procedure.

I have had my current protector on my Zodiac for about a year now, and it is JUST NOW starting to show some wear and tear. A year for about 2 cents. Not bad.
    I have used the ones at the Treocentral store. They are the non-glare ones. However, I have been using the ones that came with the Treo lately. They are a pain in the rear to install. I went through 3 before I got a good one on. Once they are install correctly, they look really good. What I like the most about them over the non-glare ones are the clarity. The non-glare ones looks a little fuzzy. Which I never minded.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I was very pleased with WriteShields from PocketPCTechs a couple of years ago for my Dell Axim. Those were the anti-glare AG models.

I'm looking to get their new glossy C2 version for my 700p. These are supposed to essentially be invisible on the screen.
    Smeggie is right...Martin Fields all the way. The best there is.

The Wal-Mart approach is novel and cheap, but a bit time intensive. A properly put on screen cover should last a year or two easy, so it's not like they need constant replacing.
  20.    #20  
    I actually took it off and put it back on with a card this time...duh. It took awhile for the bubbles to go away, but its looking decent now. Looks kind of dirty still but I can manage.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast