Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72
  1. #41  
    I'm telling ya... give the Walmart approach a try... I did 4 years ago and haven't gone back to any other screen protector. After 4 years I still have not even spent the cost of ONE retail screen protector... unless you count the cost of my spray silicon...LOL
  2. #42  
    I live off the land...I don't use a screen protector. I never did on the 600 and the screen looked pretty darn good when put her down.
    at&t iPhone3G
  3. richpjr's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I live off the land...I don't use a screen protector. I never did on the 600 and the screen looked pretty darn good when put her down.
    I didn't on my first two PDAs and never had any real issues. On my 3rd one (a Toshiba PPC) I developed some horrific wear spots/scratches on the screen in a couple of spots and that prompted me to start trying them. I particularly hate the anti-glare kind that degrade the screen. I eventually discovered the Boxwaves and had very good luck with them. I just put one one on my new 700p last night and am very pleased with it. I haven't experienced the problems that others have reported with theirs.
  4. #44  
    So have the Boxwave Crystal Clear's got any better? When I bought one for my 650 about 6 months ago, I had problems with them. The edges of the protecter would not stay adhered to the screen so it looked really bad and dust would get underneath the edges. I really liked how clear they were. Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved?
  5. richpjr's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #45  
    I can only speak for my own personal use on 3 devices and say I've never experienced it. It sure seems as if others have though.
  6. #46  
    I have returned the two 3 packs to Boxwave - I expect a lot of returns on their ClearTouch Crystal product. Apparently, this new version of the product (only one backing vs. 2 on previous versions) has issues. Customer service will be passing on the complaints to manufacturing/engineering.

    I placed and order from our very own Treocentral Store - we'll see how it works.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7. #47  
    Is there another company that offers a clear screen protector like boxwave, but doesn't have issues?
  8. #48  
    From what I've read here, Martin Fields are good as well. I've never had any problems with my BoxWaves though. Just bought a 3 pack of 650 ClearTouch a week or two ago and the first one I put on my 700P is excellent.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    From what I've read here, Martin Fields are good as well. I've never had any problems with my BoxWaves though. Just bought a 3 pack of 650 ClearTouch a week or two ago and the first one I put on my 700P is excellent.
    One backing or two? Just trying to isolate the problem...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    One backing or two? Just trying to isolate the problem...
    I don't understand your question. What backing?

    If you're referring to the clear plastic layer under the protector, protecting the "adhesive" side, then yes there was one of those. The top plastic layer with the tab on it (used to position the protector itself) is still there as well so it looks like this:
    ________________ >top protective plastic layer (for positioning the ClearTouch)
    ________________ > the ClearTouch itself
    ________________ > the bottom protective plastic layer keeping the adhesive side clean
  11. webdave's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    #51  
    All 3 of my Boxwave protectors have the screen edge problem.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I don't understand your question. What backing?

    If you're referring to the clear plastic layer under the protector, protecting the "adhesive" side, then yes there was one of those. The top plastic layer with the tab on it (used to position the protector itself) is still there as well so it looks like this:
    ________________ >top protective plastic layer (for positioning the ClearTouch)
    ________________ > the ClearTouch itself
    ________________ > the bottom protective plastic layer keeping the adhesive side clean
    It looks like you got some of the older ones with both backings. Those ones didn't have the problem. The new ones do not have the one that helps you position the protector. Those are the ones with the problems.
  13. richpjr's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #53  
    The one I received and installed yesterday had backings on both sides.
  14. #54  
    I bought one by PDAir... $6.95... silicone, matte non-reflective surface, and works great so far!
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I don't understand your question. What backing?

    If you're referring to the clear plastic layer under the protector, protecting the "adhesive" side, then yes there was one of those. The top plastic layer with the tab on it (used to position the protector itself) is still there as well so it looks like this:
    ________________ >top protective plastic layer (for positioning the ClearTouch)
    ________________ > the ClearTouch itself
    ________________ > the bottom protective plastic layer keeping the adhesive side clean

    Thanks. You have the two backed version. This older version does not seem to exhibit the edge lifting problem. It appears some are shipped the new (one backing) version which has problems.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    It looks like you got some of the older ones with both backings. Those ones didn't have the problem. The new ones do not have the one that helps you position the protector. Those are the ones with the problems.
    My speculation also...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  17. #57  
    Does no one else question why the hell 3 little pieces of clear plastic should cost $15 and more than $0.42 to ship. I agree that one needs screen protectors but come on????
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    Does no one else question why the hell 3 little pieces of clear plastic should cost $15 and more than $0.42 to ship. I agree that one needs screen protectors but come on????
    Nope. If you want quality stuff, you pay for it.
  19. #59  
    Buy the PDAir for $6.95 -- same quality, lower price!
  20. #60  
    Have you tried BoxWave ClearTouch protectors?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions