Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I thought brando ultra clears were the best, how do martin fields compare?!
    I've used the ones from the Treocentral store for years (dating back to my first 600) and have always been happy with them. I'll admit that I probably have a 20% 'wastage' ratio on them -- sometimes it's "install gone bad."

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    if applied carefully it is great, i actually bought more from palm
    I agree, I love the screen protectors that Palm sells (the regular ones, not the anti-glare ones - those are HORRIBLE). However, I too, would occassionally get bubbles in my application until I discovered the secret of applying screen protectors...

First of all, as has been already discussed, take your time and be careful when applying. Don't touch the adhesive side (if your particular brand has one). Peel the backing off and use the backing as a handle to position the paper on the screen. The Palm-brand screen protectors come with a credit-card sized applicator card - USE IT. As you apply the screen protector, "iron" out the surface you've already stuck to the Treo until it's all done. It's okay if you have SOME small bubbles... Now, for the most important part.

Leave the Treo in front of a window where it is exposed to direct sunlight. I suppose a blow dryer or other heat source would have the same effect, but I didn't like the idea of baking my Treo The heat from the sun will soften the vinyl to a point where you can then easily use the applicator card to get out ANY bubbles or imperfections underneath the screen protector. I discovered this after wasting about 10 screen protectors applying them in a cold, air-conditioned office. I do this every time now, and it works like a charm. Hope this helps you all!

Javier
  4.    #24  
    good to know...I wish I had an applicator card.
    I just got the Smartphone Experts screen protector from the TreoCentral Store and it is exceptional. It is easy to apply and invisible on the screen. It's more rigid than the others I've tried so there aren't bubbles or wrinkles in it.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...ries/---28.htm
    I second the screen protectors from TreoCentral. Absolutely no air bubbles, and it lays perfectly flat with ease. Good stuff!!

Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I bought a three-pack of the ClearTouch protectors, from Boxwave, for my iPaq a few years ago. I'm not even on my second protector (yes, they're pretty durable), so I cut one of them down to the 700p screen size, and it works great! I saw that there's a ClearTouch Crystal, which might be better as far as clarity goes.

~Moose
    ^well I think I'm done with Boxwave ClearTouch! I bought a 3 pack and applied to my 700P & 600 - both have the edge opposite the tab of the backing LIFTING. Very noticeable - bad batch of adhesive or just old maybe. I asked for replacements - no problem they say. Got them last night, put one on my treo and even changed the orientation to see if it makes a difference - SAME SH*T!!!. Again the edge opposite the tab lifts. I'm very anal and never touch the adhesive side - not my first time putting on screen protectors obviously. I bought the ones for the 600/650s since they're cheaper (Boxwave must think people are stupid to charge more for 700 protectors when they only change the packaging!). I'll try rinsing it with water to see if it helps. If not, I'm asking for a refund. I just hate it when things aren't right the first time. So sorry for the rant.... BEWARE TCers.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Interesting, I've got the same edge-lifting issue.
    Got an RMA for an exchange; guess I'll see where this goes....
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I've been happy with the Palm anti-glare screen protectors, a bit pricy, $14.99 for two, but they weren't too difficult to apply. It appears that the one that comes with the Treo needs to be cut to size and seems like it would be a pain to apply!
    I bought a set of 2 Martin Fields Overlay Plus screen protectors when I got my 650, so I applied the second one on my 700p.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Boxwave must think people are stupid to charge more for 700 protectors when they only change the packaging
    Aren't the 700 screens 2mm bigger than the 650 screens? Can you notice the slightly smaller size?
    ^fits just fine.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Yoyo,

Brandos are good, but Martin Fields are the best.

Boxwave's are sucky, as are Palms, and TC's (my experience).
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Yoyo,

Brandos are good, but Martin Fields are the best.

Boxwave's are sucky, as are Palms, and TC's (my experience).
    I have used Boxwave's in the past on two different PDAs and they worked superbly.
    Quote Originally Posted by richpjr
    I have used Boxwave's in the past on two different PDAs and they worked superbly.
    Same here. Used them on my last CLIE, my 650 and now my 700P and they've all been very good.
    I've always used boxwave, but had some trouble recently with mine, so I saw a post about martin overlays and decided, what the hell, it's less than the price of a movie....

I got it and I gotta tell you, I was blown away!! Ease of installation-phenomenal-no bubbles first time out. They've got a good set-up, and it looks great on my 700.

I'm totally a convert.
    ...as am I!
    i've had the same RMA issue as the 2 posters above the with edge lifting issue...

it's awful - even the replacement set lifts... don't know if this is a bad batch or what, but i'm not happy about having to rub that spot every 40 seconds to push the edge back down....
    -jscott
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    i've had the same RMA issue as the 2 posters above the with edge lifting issue...

it's awful - even the replacement set lifts... don't know if this is a bad batch or what, but i'm not happy about having to rub that spot every 40 seconds to push the edge back down....
    Is it sticking up from the treo very high, or is it just sticking up enough to cause a bubble/air pocket under it?

Mine does the latter and its annoying.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast