1.    #1  
    Anyone know of an app that will allow me to assign the center/select button to power on the screen after it goes into sleep?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    LudusP might do this...

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    LudusP might do this...

SMEGGIE
    Highly Doubtful. Only the 4 "hard" buttons can wake up the phone.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Actually, it's the 4 hard buttons AND the red button. What is actually shocking, and ridiculous, is that the Green button doesn't turn the damn thing on!!!
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    What about if you turn off the keyguard? Wouldn't that allow the center button to turn on the treo?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What about if you turn off the keyguard? Wouldn't that allow the center button to turn on the treo?
    I don't think so. It all goes back to the original palm os. I don't think it can "listen" to more than the power and four app buttons while off.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I don't think so. It all goes back to the original palm os. I don't think it can "listen" to more than the power and four app buttons while off.
    I don't think this is a PalmOS restriction. All prior palms woke up with a press of one of the hard buttons. With the 700, we can now use the extra red power button to wake-up, etc.

Does anybody think that this is hackable? Are there any programs out there for prior handhelds that activated other keys to wake-up the phone?
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt