Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

MantraGroup Inc. is currently requesting for beta testers to evaluate Text To Speech (TTS) app - ‘mobiTalk’ (http://mobitalk.mantragroup.com).

Features:

mobiTalk® is a Text to Speech client for Palm OS devices which converts your text documents into human sounding professional audio files and streams it without interfering with other application operations.

With mobiTalk®, you can read memos, chat messages, emails, documents, appointments and tasks. mobiTalk's selfit technology integrates automatically with other applications making it compatible with numerous Palm OS applications. You can configure mobiTalk® to start speaking text in an active text field from Edit menu option or by using a preconfigured hardware key.

Based on ATT's award winning Natural Voices project, mobiTalk® offers high quality human speech conversion with unparalleled quality. mobiTalk has a very small footprint as most of the conversions happen at the server side.

Additionally, it has a variety of features ranging from live streaming, running in background and options to change male/female UK/US voices.

Live Streaming can play the audio for you while the file is being downloaded. You can also play saved conversion audios from the log any time you want, without interfering with other applications.

mobiTalk® will definitely save your time by reading out text for you on the go.

Demo of how it sounds: [wav]

Download App: Click here

Forums: Click here
    sounds interesting...

just curious...why a new user ID for a new app?
    I'm game....just downloaded, & I will keep you posted.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Very impressed, clear sound and working well so far, Treo 650 CDMA Sprint.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Very interesting app. I'm installing it now and will post my experience.

Al
    OK...pretty cool. So MobiTalk uploads the text to your server where it is converted and streamed to the treo.

After using with Chatter also running I get the "too many network sockets" error from Chatter.

soft resetting to see if it changes
    The speach is really superb!

After a reset it work once then uses too much network resources. pTunes streaming does not have this result so I am guessing there is a solution.

Also, after reset it will not work in the background unless you launch mobitalk first.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    OK...pretty cool. So MobiTalk uploads the text to your server where it is converted and streamed to the treo.

After using with Chatter also running I get the "too many network sockets" error from Chatter.

I'm experiencing exactly the same thing.... What's up wit that????

Al
    Here were some of my comments to them back in April/May when I was testing:

Checked it out briefly today..and downloaded the new "Crystal" voice

The first thing I noticed after playing with the demo was that I wasn't sure when the text was actually ready for me to play if the Live Streaming option was not enabled. After clicking the play button it tells me it's uploading the text and I see the little progress bar. It took me a while to realize that I then had to hit the play button again (which at this point is now a Pause button) in order to actually hear the text. With live streaming enabled, it's not an issue.

Couple other things I noticed:

Open up the notes field for a calendar event, clicked Edit-> Mobitalk. Once the text started being read aloud to me, I clicked the X button in the console assuming that it would stop playing but it continued anyway. If I click X in the console, it should stop playing the audio.

If I then switch to some other app (like Memos) or stay in the current app and go to some other text in another record, then go to Edit->Mobitalk, and click Play, it finishes playing the previous text rather than uploading and starting the text on the current screen.

It knew GB was gigabyte, impressive!

A couple other things I thought of:

* Ability to save the spoken text log and files on the SD card
    * Some sort of browser integration with Blazer/Xiino, etc...this product would be ideal for reading websites aloud, but the only way to do that today would be to copy the text on the page into the clipboard, which is cumbersome.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Yeah it is definately a problem with this software. I use MobiTV, Chatter, Causerie(testing it), OnDemand, WorldCup, Splash Money and I don't this network problem.

Al
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts

"too many network sockets".... You don't have to soft reset. Just use Reset NetLib.

I think I'll give this beta a go...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I'm experiencing exactly the same thing.... What's up wit that????

Al
    We will check internally and come up with a fix soon.

I think this is a problem with the connection traces being still left out.

Thanks for reporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Here were some of my comments to them back in April/May when I was testing:

Checked it out briefly today..and downloaded the new "Crystal" voice

The first thing I noticed after playing with the demo was that I wasn't sure when the text was actually ready for me to play if the Live Streaming option was not enabled. After clicking the play button it tells me it's uploading the text and I see the little progress bar. It took me a while to realize that I then had to hit the play button again (which at this point is now a Pause button) in order to actually hear the text. With live streaming enabled, it's not an issue.
    Hmm - just confirmed. This is an issue when live streaming is not enabled.

Couple other things I noticed:

Open up the notes field for a calendar event, clicked Edit-> Mobitalk. Once the text started being read aloud to me, I clicked the X button in the console assuming that it would stop playing but it continued anyway. If I click X in the console, it should stop playing the audio.
    [x] is only for closing the dialog which we do most of the times so that app can be continued. For stopping it, you will need to hit the stop button and then close which is not that common.

If I then switch to some other app (like Memos) or stay in the current app and go to some other text in another record, then go to Edit->Mobitalk, and click Play, it finishes playing the previous text rather than uploading and starting the text on the current screen.
    This is a restriction. No new text can be uploaded while the first one is streamed. In the second version, we will add this feature
    It knew GB was gigabyte, impressive!
    , there are lots of other things

* Ability to save the spoken text log and files on the SD card
    This is being worked out as we speak. In the next version, we will add this one.

* Some sort of browser integration with Blazer/Xiino, etc...this product would be ideal for reading websites aloud, but the only way to do that today would be to copy the text on the page into the clipboard, which is cumbersome.
    Not true. mobiTalk is compatible with blazer and you do not have to copy the text.
    When reading e-mail in blazer, it stops after just a few sentences. I have not been ableo to find anywhere where it is a limited beta. Is it?

Sounds good over bluetooth network. Have not tried over EDGE yet.

Before we all get too thrilled by this application - I assume it will be a one time fee? Not sure people want to pay a subscription fee for this.
    Nevermind - 200 word limit on the beta....
    Quote Originally Posted by eflightcentral
    Before we all get too thrilled by this application - I assume it will be a one time fee? Not sure people want to pay a subscription fee for this.
    The pricing is not yet decided. However, it will be subscription based like Causerie as we have to maintain the server and pay for the licenses to convert text to speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by eflightcentral
    Nevermind - 200 word limit on the beta....
    There is a 200 word limit on beta.
    Also, after reset it will not work in the background unless you launch mobitalk first.

How about this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    "too many network sockets".... You don't have to soft reset. Just use Reset NetLib.

I think I'll give this beta a go...
    thanks! still needs to be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie

Not true. mobiTalk is compatible with blazer and you do not have to copy the text.
    Must have been the old 0.72 version I had, 0.76 doesn't have this problem

You guys should work with the Standalone folks to get some tighter integration working with Quicknews, as they don't have an edit menu, but have a context pop up menu for an article
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast